6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
August 30, 2015, 6:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
First off can I say there are the likes of Ginny and chaos who basically say what i mean but in a more passive way shall we say , then you have me who say what i think and try to be reasonable with a bit of sometimes i admit awful banter   but some agree with me to the main that its the same old chopping and changing to poor start year on year..

Some can take it in their stride and not be concerned its like previous seasons on repeat like barra fishoutofwater and headingly mariner and thats fair play to them thats there opinion even if it to me makes them rather easily pleased or deluded not sure yet which.

Then you have forza plus some strange bloke who pretends to be pizza and his buddies who just straight away go for insults and have very little up top to form a valid opinion so i pretty much disregard what they say tbh.

The common thing is we all want promotion and some can see paul getting it hopefully before 2020 and some cant and are not happy this is our fifth season and seem to be lagging behind quite alot already.

I honestly have nothing personal towards him much to somes surprise maybe i just cant sit back after being 9 points behind the leaders already and hope things come good , i like to think all the chopping and needless changing paul does he does because he thinks its worth it i like to say he does it because he still does not know that a settled eleven is key to a successful team.

I must admit his interviews are much improved but his management skills and even the way his team starts seasons are not.

I even saw someone put on here that paul pulled off a masterstroke for leaving two strikers on yesterday i mean come on we were losing ffs it was hardly a masterstroke.

Anyway what im saying is good luck to town and i will be attending most games when work permits me to but im done for a bit on here now as i think we all need a bit of a break from each other   and lets hope town can pull a run together.

Ginny chaos acko and a few others keep it balanced eh  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
highcliff mariner
August 30, 2015, 6:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Spot on ,

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
pizzzza
August 30, 2015, 6:56am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Bye.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
grimps
August 30, 2015, 7:07am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
I know how you feel mate !
Unless you tow the party line on here people jump straight down your throat.
It has been exactly the same for the last 4 seasons , I can understand people trying to stay positive at all times and all the motivational balderdash that comes with that.

The thing is you could be positive and motivational  to Vanessa feltz , You could tell her to believe and we could have 1000s of passionate supports cheering her every move but she'd still never beat Usian Bolt in a 100 meters race.

Many people are now seeing that this season is panning out the same as the last 4 , We will hear the
''lets wait until after ten games before judging''
,''lets give it till Christmas'' ,
then it'll be'' well whats the point of changing now, wait until the close season''

I've heard these lines trotted out for the last 4 years and still here we are again miles behind the pace still in August.

Hurst needs to improve things fast because the one step forward two steps back from the last 4 seasons is wearing thin now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
Caesar
August 30, 2015, 7:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from grimps
I know how you feel mate !
Unless you tow the party line on here people jump straight down your throat.
It has been exactly the same for the last 4 seasons , I can understand people trying to stay positive at all times and all the motivational balderdash that comes with that.

The thing is you could be positive and motivational  to Vanessa feltz , You could tell her to believe and we could have 1000s of passionate supports cheering her every move but she'd still never beat Usian Bolt in a 100 meters race.

Many people are now seeing that this season is panning out the same as the last 4 , We will hear the
''lets wait until after ten games before judging''
,''lets give it till Christmas'' ,
then it'll be'' well whats the point of changing now, wait until the close season''

I've heard these lines trotted out for the last 4 years and still here we are again miles behind the pace still in August.

Hurst needs to improve things fast because the one step forward two steps back from the last 4 seasons is wearing thin now

It is true that there is a disturbing similarity with the last few seasons in slow starts, I am devestated to already be 9 points behing FGR,with a mcuh worse GD.  I am not writing off our title chances at all but that is a hell of a long way off before August has even finished and it needs addressing, if we don't win on Monday and FGR do then we should panic imo.

However I think what is very different this season is about how we have played.  I have only managed to get to the Kiddy match so far so am basing this mostly on just back threads but apart from Alty away and the first half against Torquay (which we all seem to admit was Hurst's fault) we have been very good.  We have been taking teams apart and threatening them constantly and playing good football but conceding sloppy goals.  This is very different to the last few years where were dull and plodding going forward.  In our first 3 games last year we scored one goal, this year we had 10 by that time and have yet to fail to score.  

The table at the moment may look depressingly familiar but the way we are playing does not seem to be and its not acknowledging this that makes ppl "jump down your throats".  There is a lot of hyperbole on both sides and anyone who isn't concerned should be, but if you are saying it is the same as last year I think you are wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
Garth
August 30, 2015, 8:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Silly mistakes in defence, goalkeeping and sending offs along with tinkering for tinkering sake haven't helped us so far this season, however we have the best squad and manager for some time and there's still along way to go so plenty of time for the creame to rise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
LongEatonMariner
August 30, 2015, 8:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I don't understand how people can say hurst tinkers for tinkerings sake. If a player has a brilliant game we want him to start the next game, but what if, after that game in the lead up to the next one, he is tired and not on it in training? We don't see that but the manager does. Unless posters who say this sort of thing are on the coaching staff I struggle to give such a post any validity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
oldun
August 30, 2015, 9:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Once we get a couple of clean sheets we will see a good run of results. Remember last year our defensive record was excellent and I see no reason why we cannot get back to that. Clearly we are better in attack than last season when failure to create or take enough chances cost us. We have 2 strikers who are on track to get 20 goals each. We have other attackers back from injury. So reasons to be positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
Mariner93er
August 30, 2015, 9:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I think sometimes you've got to ignore where we are in the table and simply enjoy supporting your team. And this team, for me personally, is making it easy for me to support them with entertaining performances. We could all support your Manchester City's or Manchester Uniteds but we don't, and telling people that I dont and telling them who I support is always a pleasure, no matter where we are in any league. I sometimes think of what it would be like if we didn't have a club and it puts it into perspective for me as to how lucky I am to have a club that I feel proud to support, and means I always try to be positive about Grimsby Town. Naturally some people will think I'm babbling on, and I totally understand their critical stance, its your right as a supporter. But sometimes you just have to enjoy supporting other wise why do you do it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
barralad
August 30, 2015, 9:23am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mariner93er
I think sometimes you've got to ignore where we are in the table and simply enjoy supporting your team. And this team, for me personally, is making it easy for me to support them with entertaining performances. We could all support your Manchester City's or Manchester Uniteds but we don't, and telling people that I dont and telling them who I support is always a pleasure, no matter where we are in any league. I sometimes think of what it would be like if we didn't have a club and it puts it into perspective for me as to how lucky I am to have a club that I feel proud to support, and means I always try to be positive about Grimsby Town. Naturally some people will think I'm babbling on, and I totally understand their critical stance, its your right as a supporter. But sometimes you just have to enjoy supporting other wise why do you do it?

Hallelujah!! The Sunday morning voice of reason (and in about 100 words less than it took me to say the same thing!)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodnight from me chaps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.