Maringer
September 2, 2015, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Re the strikers same story versus Lincoln TBH............ Across both games opportunities missed when others who where in space could have just slotted them away. Re Monday lets not forget the one Marshall blasted over in the first half when it looked like he had an open goal.

Don't remember that one? I know Marshall had one shot which went over but there were a heck of a lot of players in front of him at the time.

For me, the worst miss was Amond's when he blasted over with all the goal to aim at though some of the headers which were spurned weren't very clever. I suppose we can forgive Bogle for losing his footing when it looked like he must score because you can't legislate for a slip like that in slippery conditions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
diehardmariner
September 2, 2015, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Thought exactly the same as the original poster.

I've avoided reading too much of this forum since Monday but from what I have read that a popular opinion is that Hurst cost us with his selections and McKeown's mistake again proved costly.

I can't really be bothered to get into an argument about Hurst but the point about the missed changes is very true.   At full-time on Monday I was disappointed with the overall performance, especially our lack of reaction to going a goal down.

The highlights are by no means a measure of the game but we wasted so many chances throughout the game.   Most frustratingly is how we didn't work their 'keeper much at all.  

With regards Robinson, I thought he did ok on Monday.  His biggest crime is that he's too similar in style to Clay so we didn't have a balance in the engine room.  The highlights definitely show him as a creative player and, if anything, he appears more energetic than Clay in his play.    Equally so I didn't think Clay was awful on Saturday but he was no better than Robinson.  

Considering his lack of a pre-season I think Robinson is a decent player and once fully fit will be a really good player for us.  I personally think he's the victim of arriving at a time when the fans are in a bit of an anti-Hurst phase.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Jarmo.Is.God
September 2, 2015, 3:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I am a season ticket holder, and been to Kidderminster and Lincoln away.

But if Monday was my first game, i would say Hannah & the shop would walk into our team...

Bogle & Amond have already got a reputation of being good for us, but everyone still pointing the finger and Macca...

Whilst McKeown did make a mistake, the strikers made 3-4 mistakes in missing easy chances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Maringer
September 2, 2015, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Can you imagine the slating LJL would have received had he lost his footing like Bogle with an open goal to aim at?

But let's not point fingers too much. Strikers are always going to miss chances and this is why you need to make sure you aren't leaking goals at the back. If we can tighten things up at that end of the pitch, results will undoubtedly improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
itsnotcoditshaddock
September 2, 2015, 8:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Regarding the highlights, is Mariners Player still worth the sign up fee? Has there been any mention of any more potential live streams of home matches? I'm unsure whether to sign up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
gtfc98
September 2, 2015, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I am a season ticket holder, and been to Kidderminster and Lincoln away.

But if Monday was my first game, i would say Hannah & the shop would walk into our team...

Bogle & Amond have already got a reputation of being good for us, but everyone still pointing the finger and Macca...

Whilst McKeown did make a mistake, the strikers made 3-4 mistakes in missing easy chances

And you also think "Jarmo is God".....

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Grantley
September 2, 2015, 8:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
There won't be live matches but the highlights are much, much better than last season. Picture quality is superb.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
arryarryarry
September 2, 2015, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Grantley
There won't be live matches but the highlights are much, much better than last season. Picture quality is superb.

You know that for a fact?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
ginnywings
September 2, 2015, 11:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Finally watched the highlights and it's pretty much as i remember it except that Mackreth had a far more effective game than i thought, so apologies to him. The lad that scored 2 for them had a good game i thought watching live on monday and noticed he has 5 goals this season in a fairly poor side.

Robinson far more involved and creative than Clay in our good moves and i can't understand why he is getting so much flak. Yes, he's similar to Clay but perhaps it's the latter that needs to up his game, not the new lad.

The Macca howler looks even worse than i remember and by god did we miss some opportunities.

I can't remember the last time we beat them at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Abdul19
September 3, 2015, 1:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MACCLESFIELD HIGHLIGHTS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.