9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
October 2, 2015, 5:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Exactly right - East for midfield (have seen he is a polished player) and Tait for right back, with Pearson and Gowling centre backs.
(Nsaila has good attributes and central defender back line defending his best i.m.o)

If this happens, then Town are in the game tomorrow i.m.o.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
gtfc98
October 2, 2015, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Do you have a split personality ?

Exactly! I can't say I give a flying intercourse about the egg-chasing! This is a MASSIVE game for GTFC, that's all I care about.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 2, 2015, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from gobby
Why oh why are people so happy to put square pegs in round holes? If we are short of a mid fielder then do as PH is suggesting and get one on loan. If the situation was that bad he would have done so by now.

UTMM

I think the East suggestion might be because he played there during most of his loan spell at Aldershot.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
lew chaterleys lover
October 2, 2015, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,818
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from gobby
Why oh why are people so happy to put square pegs in round holes? If we are short of a mid fielder then do as PH is suggesting and get one on loan. If the situation was that bad he would have done so by now.

UTMM

Obviously I am talking about an emergency situation regarding East. If Clay failed a fitness test for example and we had been unable to get a loanee in, then I think its worth a shout.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
Hagrid
October 2, 2015, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 547
Get parslow back!!!! 😏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
LongEatonMariner
October 2, 2015, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Get parslow back!!!! 😏

😂😂😂😂
Do you aspire to have low respect on here ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
DocTower
October 2, 2015, 10:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from gobby

UTMM

As much as we don't like the " square peg in a round hole situation  "  we are using our loan allocation to basically get someone in who's heart isn't in the job . Yes , we should have in hindsight got a proven midfielder in , but didn't . I think we do have quality players who could do a good job  , let's leave it up to our manager and comment after the game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
MarinerGaz
October 3, 2015, 7:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
East is certainly a player, has been impressive so far this season. If he has played as a midfielder before I see him as the best current backup for Clay since we have more (strong) options in defence (rather than getting an untried loanee).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
October 3, 2015, 7:52am
Guest User
Personally, I would prefer to give Harry Clifton or Josh Venney a chance. Otherwise, I question the point of a very expensive (no football league grant money now) youth system.

Agree with the other posters that Danny East could do a fine job and Tait could move over to right back.

However, if PH decides to look outside of the club again, I hope he looks to bring in a different type of central midfielder. We could use some athelticism in the middle, and strength. I realise these type of players don't grow on trees, but that would be my wish list.
Reply: 68 - 88
Posh Harry
October 3, 2015, 7:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Teestogreen
Exactly right - East for midfield (have seen he is a polished player) and Tait for right back, with Pearson and Gowling centre backs.
(Nsaila has good attributes and central defender back line defending his best i.m.o)

If this happens, then Town are in the game tomorrow i.m.o.

IMHO Toto has to start today. Although I am not overly keen on setting our team up to nullify the opposition, O'Connor looks to be lightening quick and Toto is the only CB we have who can kept up with him (hopefully)!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan midfielder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.