Rick12
October 5, 2015, 7:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Their full back was possibly their best player for most of the game. Jack's a good lad but just needs to take more care when crossing also I think we would win loads of penalty's if he ran at defenders in the box.  
From their squad I wouldent of minded Jon Parkin and possibly Robert Sinclair in ours.Parkin for his size and ability to score as witnessed by the excellent goal he scored against us .Sinclair I liked for his energy and effort.You could tell he was really putting it in.Having players like that in your team week in week out  will make a big difference at this level if the consistency is there most games.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
gobby
October 5, 2015, 11:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Everyone seems to agree that Parkins goal was 1st class, not disagreeing but for me JPP's goal had more to it, back to goal and taking the ball on his thigh then the swivel and shot was better in my eyes.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
TownSNAFU5
October 5, 2015, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,886
Gold Stars: 42
Some fans have said that we are not good enough to be champions this season.  We are certainly not as good as Crawley, Fleetwood, Luton or Wrexham (when they came 2nd with 98 or 99 points).

However, if we are not good enough this season then who is? Most of the current top teams are losing to their closest rivals. Apart from Grimsby that is.

I think that the so called smaller teams (with smaller squads as well) will fall off the pace during the season.  This should leave the usual suspects plus the 2 relegated teams.

Nothing between FGR and us on Sat.  If Hurst really wanted to win he would have started with Marshall and not the more defensive Macreth.  Our slow build up played into their hands.  As did conceding too much possession:  East was guilty here with some bad passes.
Monkhouse won a lot in the air and made some good defensive clearances.  However, he gave away some silly freekicks which put us under pressure.  He was not the only one.

FGR rarely threatened.  Gowling was a rock.  If FGR are the pace-setters then we are very much in the mix.  There may be a big fight for the top spot over the last 5 league games.  This could involve a few teams - as there is no one outstanding team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.