Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Five non-league stars.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 88 Guests

Five non-league stars.

This thread currently has 5,184 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 24, 2015, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,068
Gold Stars: 178
Personally I'd like to see people get behind Bogle a little more. He's come from part time football to full time and returned a very decent amount of goals. Yet I just get this feeling that people don't particularly like him or aren't getting behind him in the way I thought they would at the start of the season.

Maybe it's the weight of a big fee that means fans seem to demand him to be a world beater, but he's done pretty well. Vardy didn't set the world alight from day one, neither did Andre Gray. I just feel we should be getting behind Omar more, rather than bemoaning the smallest things about the bloke. I've seen fans get well behind much much lesser strikers at this club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2015, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,272
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew
Personally I'd like to see people get behind Bogle a little more. He's come from part time football to full time and returned a very decent amount of goals. Yet I just get this feeling that people don't particularly like him or aren't getting behind him in the way I thought they would at the start of the season.

Maybe it's the weight of a big fee that means fans seem to demand him to be a world beater, but he's done pretty well. Vardy didn't set the world alight from day one, neither did Andre Gray. I just feel we should be getting behind Omar more, rather than bemoaning the smallest things about the bloke. I've seen fans get well behind much much lesser strikers at this club.

It's a two way thing. He clearly knows where the net is but often takes the wrong option (by shooting himself) for the team. He clearly has a talent but he doesn't come anywhere near the workrate of the other strikers at the club or the guy who preceded him. He's clearly not the finished article - probably why we gave him a three year deal - but I'm not convinced that he plays for the team.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2015, 9:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Jesus give bogle a break . He's made a big step up in class from semi pro football and straight to one of the biggest clubs in non league and higher up the pyramid in reality . He's desperate to prove himself which seems to make him make the wrong decision at times . PH recognises this and his bedding him in slowly , dropping him at times and bringing loan players in . His all round game will click before long and we'll be talking about Omar bogle who used to play for gtfc .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
diehardmariner
November 25, 2015, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,645
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from pontoonlew

Don't like him. Not getting behind him.  Really?  No-one has said anything other than the glaring obvious about Bogle, loads of talent but questionable mentality.   The fans have been behind Bogle from day one. In fact some could argue that he's had quite favourable support despite some abject performances.    I think Town fans are guilty at times of unfairly getting on the back of players when others get a free reign but this isn't one of those occasions in my opinion.  

I think Bogle has had a very decent start to his Town career.  His goals return backs that up.  I just happen to think he's capable of much more.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
diehardmariner
November 25, 2015, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,645
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Jesus give bogle a break . He's made a big step up in class from semi pro football and straight to one of the biggest clubs in non league and higher up the pyramid in reality . He's desperate to prove himself which seems to make him make the wrong decision at times . PH recognises this and his bedding him in slowly , dropping him at times and bringing loan players in . His all round game will click before long and we'll be talking about Omar bogle who used to play for gtfc .

I don't mind Bogle making mistakes.  That's part of learning the game and should make him a better player in the long term.  I'm not keen on the mini strops he throws when things don't go his way.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Posh Harry
November 25, 2015, 1:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
I think Omar has gone from being a massive fish in a small pond to a small fish in a massive pond by comparison.

He will have been getting all the attention and all the plaudits with his previous club and adjusting to his new environment will take time. It will make or break him as a player so let's hope it makes him. if it does then we have a player with great potential and who might bring a significant fee into the club at some point. If he goes the other way then we have got the wages to pay for 3 years as well as the initial cash investment.

Sometimes football is a gamble. You win some you lose some. PH has seen enough to think the gamble worthwhile. If he is right he becomes a genius, if he is wrong his head is on the old chopping block.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Five non-league stars.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.