Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Five non-league stars.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Five non-league stars.

This thread currently has 5,185 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Barrattstander
November 23, 2015, 1:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 14
The Daily Mail has a big feature about Jamie Vardy today and finishes with a list of 5 non-league stars who could follow Vardy to the big time:-
Xavier Vidal (Welling)
Moses Emmanuel (Bromley)
Jack Munns (Cheltenham)
John-Paul Kissock (Ebbsfleet)
and....Omar Bogle.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dan
November 23, 2015, 2:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I've seen Xavier Vidal play a few times when he was at Dulwich Hamlet....and I don't see it.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Grantley
November 23, 2015, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Kissocks near enough 26 isn't he? Would he get to the Prem at that age?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Chrisblor
November 23, 2015, 2:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,877
Gold Stars: 237
JP Kissock? Give it a rest, he's not even good enough for the conference! Shite journalism (shouldn't be surprised, it is the Mail).

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
lukeo
November 23, 2015, 2:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
happy Amond is out of the spot light
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
horsforthmariner
November 23, 2015, 2:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,633
Gold Stars: 9
Lee Gregory was probably the most exciting forward in the conference a few years ago and he has found his level at League 1. Suspect all of the above are not as good as Gregory (although not seen Emmanuel) and will find themselves plying their trade in top end league 2 clubs in the next couple of seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
acko338
November 23, 2015, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Let's hope that the last one on the list is with a very local club that are plying their trade at the top end of League 2 at least !

preferably next season !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
moosey_club
November 23, 2015, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Vardy even at conference level was easily recognisable as going places, the modern game is more about pace than anything and he has that, dont think any of the mentioned have that at anything like the same level.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
arryarryarry
November 23, 2015, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Wasn't Kissock at Everton?

He's on his way down rather than up although he did take the p!ss out of us one Tuesday evening at Southport.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2015, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,273
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Barrattstander
The Daily Mail has a big feature about Jamie Vardy today and finishes with a list of 5 non-league stars who could follow Vardy to the big time:-
Xavier Vidal (Welling)
Moses Emmanuel (Bromley)
Jack Munns (Cheltenham)
John-Paul Kissock (Ebbsfleet)
and....Omar Bogle.

I thought Munns was Cheltenham's best player against us whereas Omar had a distinctly average game.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
FishOutOfWater
November 23, 2015, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from moosey_club
Vardy even at conference level was easily recognisable as going places, the modern game is more about pace than anything and he has that, dont think any of the mentioned have that at anything like the same level.

Although Rob Scott didn't seem to think so...Vardy of course took great delight in demonstrating otherwise when he scored that last minute winner for Fleetwood against us a few years back

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 25
grimsby pete
November 23, 2015, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Bogle does have something about him,

When he cuts out the silly mistakes and shows his full potential,

Clubs will offering us big money for him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Mighty_Mariner
November 23, 2015, 6:41pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I stopped reading the article when it said of Moses Emmanuel "The Big Bromley forward'...... Isn't he like 5'6? Last time I checked...... That's wasn't that big!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Abdul19
November 23, 2015, 7:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Wonder how much research goes into quality pieces like this

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Davec
November 23, 2015, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Not much Abdul, says in the article that Carl Magnay still plays for Gateshead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
HertsGTFC
November 23, 2015, 7:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,971
Gold Stars: 228
If it's Bogle then we just need to get a bog sell on clause in his next move.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
GtfcGarner
November 23, 2015, 8:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Kissock as in the one which looks like Frodo Baggins?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
springstomind
November 23, 2015, 8:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I'm extremely surprised nobody has mentioned Dominic Vose of Wrexham.  Every time I've seen him he's been way above this level.  Not to mention he absolutely run the show against us. Strong, skilful, composed, eye for goal, eye for a pass the lot, even PH said its possibly the best solo performance he's seen at this level or words to that effect and regardless of what your views are of PH, he has an eye for a player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
arryarryarry
November 24, 2015, 12:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from springstomind
I'm extremely surprised nobody has mentioned Dominic Vose of Wrexham.  Every time I've seen him he's been way above this level.  Not to mention he absolutely run the show against us. Strong, skilful, composed, eye for goal, eye for a pass the lot, even PH said its possibly the best solo performance he's seen at this level or words to that effect and regardless of what your views are of PH, he has an eye for a player.

I think most at that game thought the same, I don't think it was anything special about Paul Hurst's comment.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
diehardmariner
November 24, 2015, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,647
Gold Stars: 539
The main difference between Bogle and Vardy is attitude and desire.

Bogle is an incredibly raw talent, he most definitely has the ingredients to be a a very, very good player.  I just question how badly he wants it.  He moans too much, pulls up too easily and waves his arms around in a tantrum when things don't go his way.  

Vardy was a complete male private at this level.  He came across as a completely odious individual, but his work-rate and desire was absolutely unmatched, even by Hearn in that season which is saying something!  I think that mean streak that Vardy has/had is also a great asset, as much as his smugness annoyed me previously.  I read at the weekend that when he signed for Leicester he, not his agent, demanded a clause in his contract stating a pay increase when (not if) he got an England cap.    There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance but I like that attitude.  Why settle for second best?    I doubt Bogle has that about him.  

Bogle's big, quick, awkward, strong, knows where the net is and most importantly is quite young.   He'll go up the ladder, be it with us or via a transfer.  But unless he has a massive change of character, I don't think he'll get anywhere near the heights Vardy has reached.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
pontoonlew
November 24, 2015, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,070
Gold Stars: 178
Personally I'd like to see people get behind Bogle a little more. He's come from part time football to full time and returned a very decent amount of goals. Yet I just get this feeling that people don't particularly like him or aren't getting behind him in the way I thought they would at the start of the season.

Maybe it's the weight of a big fee that means fans seem to demand him to be a world beater, but he's done pretty well. Vardy didn't set the world alight from day one, neither did Andre Gray. I just feel we should be getting behind Omar more, rather than bemoaning the smallest things about the bloke. I've seen fans get well behind much much lesser strikers at this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2015, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,273
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew
Personally I'd like to see people get behind Bogle a little more. He's come from part time football to full time and returned a very decent amount of goals. Yet I just get this feeling that people don't particularly like him or aren't getting behind him in the way I thought they would at the start of the season.

Maybe it's the weight of a big fee that means fans seem to demand him to be a world beater, but he's done pretty well. Vardy didn't set the world alight from day one, neither did Andre Gray. I just feel we should be getting behind Omar more, rather than bemoaning the smallest things about the bloke. I've seen fans get well behind much much lesser strikers at this club.

It's a two way thing. He clearly knows where the net is but often takes the wrong option (by shooting himself) for the team. He clearly has a talent but he doesn't come anywhere near the workrate of the other strikers at the club or the guy who preceded him. He's clearly not the finished article - probably why we gave him a three year deal - but I'm not convinced that he plays for the team.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2015, 9:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Jesus give bogle a break . He's made a big step up in class from semi pro football and straight to one of the biggest clubs in non league and higher up the pyramid in reality . He's desperate to prove himself which seems to make him make the wrong decision at times . PH recognises this and his bedding him in slowly , dropping him at times and bringing loan players in . His all round game will click before long and we'll be talking about Omar bogle who used to play for gtfc .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
diehardmariner
November 25, 2015, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

Don't like him. Not getting behind him.  Really?  No-one has said anything other than the glaring obvious about Bogle, loads of talent but questionable mentality.   The fans have been behind Bogle from day one. In fact some could argue that he's had quite favourable support despite some abject performances.    I think Town fans are guilty at times of unfairly getting on the back of players when others get a free reign but this isn't one of those occasions in my opinion.  

I think Bogle has had a very decent start to his Town career.  His goals return backs that up.  I just happen to think he's capable of much more.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
diehardmariner
November 25, 2015, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Jesus give bogle a break . He's made a big step up in class from semi pro football and straight to one of the biggest clubs in non league and higher up the pyramid in reality . He's desperate to prove himself which seems to make him make the wrong decision at times . PH recognises this and his bedding him in slowly , dropping him at times and bringing loan players in . His all round game will click before long and we'll be talking about Omar bogle who used to play for gtfc .

I don't mind Bogle making mistakes.  That's part of learning the game and should make him a better player in the long term.  I'm not keen on the mini strops he throws when things don't go his way.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Posh Harry
November 25, 2015, 1:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
I think Omar has gone from being a massive fish in a small pond to a small fish in a massive pond by comparison.

He will have been getting all the attention and all the plaudits with his previous club and adjusting to his new environment will take time. It will make or break him as a player so let's hope it makes him. if it does then we have a player with great potential and who might bring a significant fee into the club at some point. If he goes the other way then we have got the wages to pay for 3 years as well as the initial cash investment.

Sometimes football is a gamble. You win some you lose some. PH has seen enough to think the gamble worthwhile. If he is right he becomes a genius, if he is wrong his head is on the old chopping block.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Five non-league stars.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.