Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest concern...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

The biggest concern...

This thread currently has 4,630 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 15, 2016, 12:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

We've discussed this before on here and I agree entirely with the highlighted part. It is why I joined The Trust Board because I firmly believe that we shouldn't be reliant on one persons patronage (which is in effect what we have here). Where I would differ is (if you still feel that way) is that I believe the stadium must happen regardless of the division we are playing in because all being well it should offer us sufficient financial impetus to reduce considerably the need to constantly bail us out.
I said the other week that I believed we had two seasons down here before the financial constraints started to bite properly and although hindsight is a wonderful thing the damage was done in the "misuse" by the incumbent manager at the time of the "Parachute" payments.

Actually the damage was done by the board for the misuse of keeping said manager on, and it didn't need hindsight to know it wouldn't end well.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
MuddyWaters
February 15, 2016, 8:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

We've discussed this before on here and I agree entirely with the highlighted part. It is why I joined The Trust Board because I firmly believe that we shouldn't be reliant on one persons patronage (which is in effect what we have here). Where I would differ is (if you still feel that way) is that I believe the stadium must happen regardless of the division we are playing in because all being well it should offer us sufficient financial impetus to reduce considerably the need to constantly bail us out.
I said the other week that I believed we had two seasons down here before the financial constraints started to bite properly and although hindsight is a wonderful thing the damage was done in the "misuse" by the incumbent manager at the time of the "Parachute" payments.

But that's now history Barra, we are talking present and future. Is Paul Hurst the man to get promotion (doubtful), and do we stand a better chance of a stadium if we are promoted (probably!)
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
barralad
February 15, 2016, 9:43am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

Actually the damage was done by the board for the misuse of keeping said manager on, and it didn't need hindsight to know it wouldn't end well.

Don't the two go hand in hand?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
barralad
February 15, 2016, 9:54am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But that's now history Barra, we are talking present and future. Is Paul Hurst the man to get promotion (doubtful), and do we stand a better chance of a stadium if we are promoted (probably!)

Only time will tell on the Paul Hurst front.

As regards the stadium, given that the club aren't funding it outright, I suspect the league we are in has very little bearing on the matter. It is about incorporation into future N.E. Lincolnshire plans for the ongoing development of the area. Some of the protesters may base their argument on the fact that a club at Level 5 don't need a new ground based on the number of fans but that betrays a lack of understanding of the bigger picture.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest concern...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.