December 30, 2020, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Of do fuckoff you supercilioustosser.

It’s not worth arguing properly with you.

He beat you then? Unlike you to give up and leave things alone

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Henryscat

To be honest that thread has passed me by but I can guess from the title it’s not particularly pleasant.

You did mention the wider “football community” also, care to elaborate?

Oh right Henry then I suggest you concede that there is vile and hurtful stuff out there then from people, and not just factual observations.

I have nothing further to elaborate on. It’s out there in various forms of media that our football community have contributed to.

Point made on my part, let’s move on shall we Henry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 12:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Henryscat

To be honest that thread has passed me by but I can guess from the title it’s not particularly pleasant.

You did mention the wider “football community” also, care to elaborate?

Having read that thread now I can only see 2 posters from this forum who agree with it. My opinion on it (for what it’s worth) is that if Mr Fenty would like to watch a game of football at his home town club then he should be allowed.

I do, however, refer back to your original post which said “ Elements of the football community have taken things much further than opinions. Their comments, actions and accusations have been vile, personal and highly offensive.”

Whilst suggesting Mr Fenty should be banned from the club is a comment, it is neither an action nor an accusation. It is also the opinion of one (possibly 2) posters on a Grimsby Town forum and there are many calling them out on it.

I reiterate, I personally haven’t seen any accusations without facts from the wider “football community”.

It’s obvious we were on different sides regarding Mr Fenty’s tenure in charge of the club and we could end up going round in circles which, to be quite frank, is a waste of both of our times. Personally, I am glad he has chosen to sell for a myriad of reasons, and I look forward to what the future holds under the new regime which I am sure nearly 100% of the fan base are (possibly including John himself). Granted there will be reservations (and I fully understand why people will have them) but on paper the consortium look as though they will take us upwards as a club.

It’s been a pleasure talking to you Phillip (even if you might not be who I assumed you were) and here’s to a bright future both on and off the field for the club and us both in our personal endeavours.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

He beat you then? Unlike you to give up and leave things alone

I didn’t beat anyone. I’m here just to make points or share my opinion, which I accept some people won’t accept
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Oh right Henry then I suggest you concede that there is vile and hurtful stuff out there then from people, and not just factual observations.

I have nothing further to elaborate on. It’s out there in various forms of media that our football community have contributed to.

Point made on my part, let’s move on shall we Henry

Using your words, see above! Have a good new year

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 114
Squinter
December 30, 2020, 12:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Personally I'm glad you've come back Mr Knight.  Your posts see have certainly been more enteraining this Xmas than what the BBC have served up.

You have a great talent in managing to argue a point that I'm sure you know is wrong.  Maybe you should enter into politics, I know where there is a vacancy going 😉

In your many posts there does seem to be an undercurrent of sour grapes, are you and all other Fenty supporters worried that the new consortium will make such a sucess to embarress you further ?

One other question with a yes or no answer please.  Do you you think the last 16 years under JF's tenure have been a sucess ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 114
rancido
December 30, 2020, 12:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Green27

You have crossed a line here and it is completely unacceptable for you to imply that the fan base is some form of disease. I will make Phillip Day aware of this account as it is certainly masquerading as a moniker for him and I doubt he would find your accusations acceptable either in his name or not. Given the out going board's portence for legal action I would ask you to consider deleting your comments or no longer continue using this account.

This fan base as a whole is one of the most passionate, intelligent and patient in English Football, the inability of our out going board to harness that energy is another of their considerable failings. No other club in the last 5 years have been given a quarter of a million to support it on top of the usual income the fans input in to the club. The club's survival on fans income is one of the highest in the whole football league as a percentage. No other fan basis has been as patient with ongoing incompetence, failure and contempt shown to it then our own. It's incredible it has taken this long for fans to even speak about participating in a boycott of the inadequate individuals at the top.

I sincerely hope you are not a part of the out going board but the contempt in which you hold the fan base is very indicative of their behaviour over the last decade.

I am very much looking forward to seeing fewer trolls like you in our new era for the club.

To this I would add the in excess of £500,000 given to the club by the fans in unclaimed ST refunds from last season and the unrefundable ST's from this season. Not "benign" or otherwise loans but donations to keep the club afloat.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I accept you aren't on the board, apologies for my rant towards the end of my last post.

Your apology is accepted and appreciated. Thank you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squinter
Personally I'm glad you've come back Mr Knight.  Your posts see have certainly been more enteraining this Xmas than what the BBC have served up.

You have a great talent in managing to argue a point that I'm sure you know is wrong.  Maybe you should enter into politics, I know where there is a vacancy going 😉

In your many posts there does seem to be an undercurrent of sour grapes, are you and all other Fenty supporters worried that the new consortium will make such a sucess to embarress you further ?

One other question with a yes or no answer please.  Do you you think the last 16 years under JF's tenure have been a sucess ?

I’ll answer those questions for you willingly.

I want the consortium to make an overwhelming success of their tenure. I pray for it infact.

Sadly it’s impossible for me to answer your final question with a YES or NO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 114
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I didn’t beat anyone. I’m here just to make points or share my opinion, which I accept some people won’t accept

Kingston is normally such an argumentative sodomist, unlike him not to take on a verbal diarrhea merchant like yourself

You even found it necessary to reply to my post FFS, give it a rest please, have you no one else you can share those opinions with?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stop - Think

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.