12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 12:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Hi Phil I've had a read of your mostly incoherent rambling in defence of Mr. Fenty and his managerial appointments, and whether this latest appointment is his or not. Fans will always have differing views on new managerial appointments, Swin wasn't overly happy about the appointment of Mr Holloway for example. I feel I have to point out that the post and in particular the last paragraph actually sums up what angered fans about Mr Fentys tenure. Yes his managerial appointments have usually turned out to be poor, but it's not the biggest criticism of his reign, it's one of many. Perhaps the way he reigned is what finally dethroned him, and his attitude to the people that really make a club, the clubs raison d'etre if you will. It's no coincidence that the beginning of the end wasn't a managerial appointment, but a shady business relationship in which Mr Fenty involved the club and the treatment of the fans with disdain.

You see Phil you harp on about people not being able to accommodate the views of others which may be different to theirs and yet that is exactly the reason Mr Fenty, and hopefully yourself, are selling up and moving out. This excuse that is always peddled when an action taken by the club is greeted with fan disapproval. This insistence, seen in most of your posts, that the fans don't know what they're on about.

The fans are the football club, the pandemic that you speak of is John Fenty and the hangers on like you. Now the price is being paid and yet still you can't, no won't, see the truth.

THE FANS ARE GRIMSBY TOWN

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

He beat you then? Unlike you to give up and leave things alone

True. He’s not worth the effort. He’s only here to sow disunity like some sort of Putinist troll. Just a pawn serving his master.

I’ll argue with you until the cows come home, even though I know it won’t make any impression.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Kingston is normally such an argumentative sodomist, unlike him not to take on a verbal diarrhea merchant like yourself

I’ll wear that as a badge of pride 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 114
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I have no idea what this post means!?

Basically, it's all our fault (again)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Ipswin

Kingston is normally such an argumentative sodomist, unlike him not to take on a verbal diarrhea merchant like yourself

You even found it necessary to reply to my post FFS, give it a rest please, have you no one else you can share those opinions with?

I was merely being polite.

Good manners cost nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:57pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Good manners also includes not deliberately sowing discord.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 114
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 12:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

True.

Bad manners cost a football club.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Basically, it's all our fault (again)

Now wouldn’t that be a great chant when we are allowed to fill BP again, and have new owners and management in place, all working together and making progress.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 114
Squinter
December 30, 2020, 1:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9

I’ll answer those questions for you willingly.

I want the consortium to make an overwhelming success of their tenure. I pray for it infact.

Sadly it’s impossible for me to answer your final question with a YES or NO

Thank you for the reply.  

Can I ask why you can't answer yes or no ?  Just want your honest opinion.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Hi Phil I've had a read of your mostly incoherent rambling in defence of Mr. Fenty and his managerial appointments, and whether this latest appointment is his or not. Fans will always have differing views on new managerial appointments, Swin wasn't overly happy about the appointment of Mr Holloway for example. I feel I have to point out that the post and in particular the last paragraph actually sums up what angered fans about Mr Fentys tenure. Yes his managerial appointments have usually turned out to be poor, but it's not the biggest criticism of his reign, it's one of many. Perhaps the way he reigned is what finally dethroned him, and his attitude to the people that really make a club, the clubs raison d'etre if you will. It's no coincidence that the beginning of the end wasn't a managerial appointment, but a shady business relationship in which Mr Fenty involved the club and the treatment of the fans with disdain.

You see Phil you harp on about people not being able to accommodate the views of others which may be different to theirs and yet that is exactly the reason Mr Fenty, and hopefully yourself, are selling up and moving out. This excuse that is always peddled when an action taken by the club is greeted with fan disapproval. This insistence, seen in most of your posts, that the fans don't know what they're on about.

The fans are the football club, the pandemic that you speak of is John Fenty and the hangers on like you. Now the price is being paid and yet still you can't, no won't, see the truth.

THE FANS ARE GRIMSBY TOWN

I’ve made no such insistence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stop - Think

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.