5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Harry Haddock
July 13, 2021, 3:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Looks like Stefan Payne will be back at BP next season. Signed for Chesterfield  

Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
July 13, 2021, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Harry Haddock

A warm welcome awaits.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
GollyGTFC
July 13, 2021, 3:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Any other transfer news from 2 weeks ago you can update us on?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 46
Northbank Mariner
July 13, 2021, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Any other transfer news from 2 weeks ago you can update us on?

🤣🤣🤣👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
Harry Haddock
July 13, 2021, 4:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Apologies, I must have missed that one

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Les Brechin
July 13, 2021, 4:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,721
Gold Stars: 174
In other news, The Titanic has sank.  

[img]https://media.nationalgeographic.org/assets/photos/000/273/27302.jpg[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
moosey_club
July 13, 2021, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,299
Gold Stars: 226
Signing twice for them, Chesterfield must be trying to pull some scam over wages or squad size.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
Rick12
July 13, 2021, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club
Signing twice for them, Chesterfield must be trying to pull some scam over wages or squad size.
He has got some pedigree though. Played 9 times in the championship. I would say a fair degree of  lower league professionals and some who aren't that bad will never see any action in the 2nd tier. Look at Padraig Amond for one?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Abdul19
July 13, 2021, 10:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
A lot of our 09/10 set of dross had similar pedigree.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Rick12
July 13, 2021, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
A lot of our 09/10 set of dross had similar pedigree.

I think it's a mindset thing though. Had ability but drinking habits and the like let them down. Rio Ferdinand said it in his book as well. There were players growing up who were better than him but they got into drink, partys and girls which led them astray.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 13, 2021, 11:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Rick12

I think it's a mindset thing though. Had ability but drinking habits and the like let them down. Rio Ferdinand said it in his book as well. There were players growing up who were better than him but they got into drink, partys and girls which led them astray.

Rio was led astray too.

Rio managed to get banned for drink driving, banned for speeding, somehow skipped a drugs test causing him to miss Euro 2004, cheated on his late wife on multiple occasions and racially abused a fellow professional.

He seems to have grown up now though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Rick12
July 13, 2021, 11:08pm
Vodka Drinker

Rio was led astray too.

Rio managed to get banned for drink driving, banned for speeding, somehow skipped a drugs test causing him to miss Euro 2004, cheated on his late wife on multiple occasions and racially abused a fellow professional.

He seems to have grown up now though.

True Knut's but as a youngster he was travelling to training 3 times a week to West Ham over a 3 hour round trip on public transport on his own over a fair few years whilst some of his friends couldn't be bothered and took the easy route eg females  and party's. He sacrificed a lot in them early years for the love of the game which is something I deeply admire.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
GollyGTFC
July 15, 2021, 8:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from moosey_club

The first Stefan Payne they signed has probably been furloughed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 15, 2021, 9:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Rick12

Mindset is crucial. I was at school with and played in the same team as Paul Wilkinson. He was a very good player but we had at least one kid who was a more gifted footballer. Paul was focused like a laser beam and as the rest of us discovered girls and then booze and then parties Paul just didn't get involved (or to a significantly lesser extent). The more gifted player threw himself at the girls/booze/parties. At 13 years old if you had asked me which one of them will make it as a footballer I would not have said Paul.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker

Mindset is crucial. I was at school with and played in the same team as Paul Wilkinson. He was a very good player but we had at least one kid who was a more gifted footballer. Paul was focused like a laser beam and as the rest of us discovered girls and then booze and then parties Paul just didn't get involved (or to a significantly lesser extent). The more gifted player threw himself at the girls/booze/parties. At 13 years old if you had asked me which one of them will make it as a footballer I would not have said Paul.
Its why I admire the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo. Has ability but also the mental resolve to sacrifice things for the greater good eg always looking for ways to improve. Likewise his drinking is kept to a minimum eg 1 or 2 glasses of wine on his off days as opposed to 6-8 bottles of beer and even more  at the weekend which some players do .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
ginnywings
July 15, 2021, 9:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12

True Knut's but as a youngster he was travelling to training 3 times a week to West Ham over a 3 hour round trip on public transport on his own over a fair few years whilst some of his friends couldn't be bothered and took the easy route eg females  and party's. He sacrificed a lot in them early years for the love of the game which is something I deeply admire.

Disgusting!

Surprised Amnesty didn't get on the case. Clear breach of his human rights, travelling to work on a train, or worse still, a bus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 15, 2021, 10:06am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Its why I admire the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo. Has ability but also the mental resolve to sacrifice things for the greater good eg always looking for ways to improve. Likewise his drinking is kept to a minimum eg 1 or 2 glasses of wine on his off days as opposed to 6-8 bottles of beer and even more  at the weekend which some players do .

And still phenomenally fit at 36 (37?).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Disgusting!

Surprised Amnesty didn't get on the case. Clear breach of his human rights, travelling to work on a train, or worse still, a bus.
Its all about the mental discipline. If youve ever played the game Ginny at a competent level eg youth team or at professional academy  you will know  the pitfalls and the dog eat dog culture which exists . Likewise as a youngster which Rio Ferdinand was at the time eg 14 years old or there abouts his brain is still developing and the chances to slip away or be influenced by other distractions are plentiful.Likewise he didnt come from a affluent background but a council estate where the opportunity to slip up was possibly greater eg more drugs/crime for one. I for one have met youth team players who have slipped up and couldn't be bothered with all the pressures and subsequently released as their attitude wasn't right . Easier to go with your friends and drink a bit and chat up to the females and go parting than it is to go a long way into London on your own. I wouldnt knock Rio Ferdinand unless you was in his shoes. Easy to be sarcastic to something when your not experiencing football yourself in all its pain and glory as a football player especially in the professional realms.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
ex-merseymariner
July 15, 2021, 10:14am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Rick12

This is a strange example to give. I've not read Rio's book/whatever you've got this from, but I thought Rio was a Londoner, so how is it any sort of sacrifice to travel around London to get to training for a top tier London club?

Off the top of my head; Alan Shearer moved away from Newcastle to join Southampton at the other end of the country as a teen.  David Beckham went to Man United from London too, surely there are many other better examples of sacrifice than Rio's?.  

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
aldi_01
July 15, 2021, 10:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
When I think of talent but a waster that had ego over desire I think locally…Freddie Cass and Jack Barlow spring to mind.

Could’ve had it, never actually made it…apart from in their heads

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 15, 2021, 10:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

This is a strange example to give. I've not read Rio's book/whatever you've got this from, but I thought Rio was a Londoner, so how is it any sort of sacrifice to travel around London to get to training for a top tier London club?

Off the top of my head; Alan Shearer moved away from Newcastle to join Southampton at the other end of the country as a teen.  David Beckham went to Man United from London too, surely there are many other better examples of sacrifice than Rio's?.  

George Best?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker

Its not strange though .Its just I was born and raised in London and knew youth team players from London who had the opportunity at professional football academy's in the city  but squandered them and got released due to lack of discipline so I can relate to Rio Ferdinand's story.

The book that I read was  Rio Ferdidand # 2 sides .My autobiography (2016).

True what your saying about  Alan  Shearer and David Beckham etc but everyone is different and some have more pitfalls than others to contend. Patrice Evra overcame a fair bit  for one of the top of head amongst others from a newspaper article I remember reading about. Helped by good people along the way. There are others as well who are high profile who overcome a lot as well to make it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jan/22/newsstory.sport
https://www.planetfootball.com.....ssional-footballers/

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
ex-merseymariner
July 15, 2021, 10:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Its not strange though .Its just I was born and raised in London and knew youth team players from London who had the opportunity at professional football academy's in the city  but squandered them and got released due to lack of discipline so I can relate to Rio Ferdinand's story.

True what your saying about  Alan  Shearer and David Beckham etc but everyone is different and some have more pitfalls than others to contend. Patrice Evra overcame a fair bit  for one of the top of head amongst others from a newspaper article I remember reading about. Helped by good people along the way. There are others as well who are high profile who overcome a lot as well to make it.

fair point.  This discussion reminded me of the Tom Bolawinra; Moses Odubajo story, their mum passed away and they were orphaned in their early teens.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Mallyner
July 15, 2021, 11:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Quoted from Harry Haddock

Ask Morais to man mark him.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 15, 2021, 12:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

I played Sunday League with a young kid who was offered terms at Crewe (I lived close to Warrington at the time) and he told me he couldn't be bothered to get the train to Crewe which was around 20  mins away. I nearly offered to drive him there myself!

I wonder if he regrets it now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker

I played Sunday League with a young kid who was offered terms at Crewe (I lived close to Warrington at the time) and he told me he couldn't be bothered to get the train to Crewe which was around 20  mins away. I nearly offered to drive him there myself!

I would of have loved to have been a professional footballer as Iam sure most on here would. Best I got was playing for my primary school team and B team at high school. Tennis was more my naturally better sport though.

What I love about football is the way it brings people together probably more than any other sport .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
Abdul19
July 15, 2021, 1:36pm

Season Ticket Holder

Possibly a lucky escape

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Abdul19
July 15, 2021, 1:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Rick12

Shrewd by Rio. The females* and parties are so much better when you're a pro (I imagine).

*excrement on it!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 1:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

Shrewd by Rio. The females* and parties are so much better when you're a pro (I imagine).

*excrement on it!
I do like him as a football pundit now though. I find him quite funny,direct and passionate . What he achieved  in the professional realms was quality though. One of the best defenders in the world in his prime.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
FishOutOfWater
July 15, 2021, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Abdul19

Possibly a lucky escape

That was my first thought now we know what was going on with the youth development at Crewe
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 46
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2021, 3:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Maybe with the abuse scandal there he might consider that he dodged a bullet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
ginnywings
July 15, 2021, 5:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12
Its all about the mental discipline. If youve ever played the game Ginny at a competent level eg youth team or at professional academy  you will know  the pitfalls and the dog eat dog culture which exists . Likewise as a youngster which Rio Ferdinand was at the time eg 14 years old or there abouts his brain is still developing and the chances to slip away or be influenced by other distractions are plentiful.Likewise he didnt come from a affluent background but a council estate where the opportunity to slip up was possibly greater eg more drugs/crime for one. I for one have met youth team players who have slipped up and couldn't be bothered with all the pressures and subsequently released as their attitude wasn't right . Easier to go with your friends and drink a bit and chat up to the females and go parting than it is to go a long way into London on your own. I wouldnt knock Rio Ferdinand unless you was in his shoes. Easy to be sarcastic to something when your not experiencing football yourself in all its pain and glory as a football player especially in the professional realms.

Christ, you make it sound like he lived in an African village and had to walk 5 miles to the well and back every morning, instead of someone who lived in one of the most modern cities in the world with a first rate transport system.

I know people who get up every morning about 6 o'clock and travel for 2 hours to work and then the same back at the end of the day, 5 days a week.

When I was 15, I had to get the bus to work every morning and eventually bought a bike from Kays catalogue and biked there instead in all weathers for three years, to get my apprenticeship.

I'm sure there are thousands of footballers who did what Rio did, but never made the grade. That's the way of it.

He's hardly a martyr to the "pain and glory" of being a professional footballer, whatever the hell that means.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Rick12
July 15, 2021, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

He's hardly a martyr to the "pain and glory" of being a professional footballer, whatever the hell that means.
Thanks for your input and respect to what you done when you was 15 years old.

As for the martyr to the pain and glory  it means sacrificing things for the greater goal of becoming a professional footballer.To often as noted I've seen directly people who never made it at professional academy's  but had some ability but couldn't be bothered which is a huge shame eg talent wasted .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
RonMariner
July 15, 2021, 11:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rick12

What I love about football is the way it brings people together probably more than any other sport .

It did do while England were winning. But as soon as they lost............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Rick12
July 16, 2021, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

I think things have improved a bit from years gone by  Ron  particularly in the 1980s when England had a hooligan problem especially when travelling abroad . When speaking to people overseas for example  there is still a stigma  attached to English fans though .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 16, 2021, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes Ron but the yobbery was happening before the game too. The Penalties just gave them added excuses.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
livosnose
July 16, 2021, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,179
Gold Stars: 15
Can we get back to slagging off Payne …. .?

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 16, 2021, 7:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from livosnose
Can we get back to slagging off Payne …. .?

Oh, with pleasure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
livosnose
July 16, 2021, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker

Oh, with pleasure.

Let’s hope he gets a warm pontoon reception ….

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 16, 2021, 8:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from livosnose

Let’s hope he gets a warm pontoon reception ….

He deserves nothing more than a warm hand on his entrance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
fishcake63
July 16, 2021, 8:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Does anybody really think payne will give a toss , he will prob score a brace & upset everybody , life goes on let's leave it i'v seen worse no9s than him at bp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
KingstonMariner
July 16, 2021, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

He deserves nothing more than a warm hand on his entrance

🤭

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
livosnose
July 17, 2021, 7:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from fishcake63
Does anybody really think payne will give a toss , he will prob score a brace & upset everybody , life goes on let's leave it i'v seen worse no9s than him at bp

Like who ?

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
ex-merseymariner
July 17, 2021, 8:05am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishcake63

Your post got me thinking, thanks to the pandemic, I've not seen Payne play for Town at BP, only via ifollow.  Same goes for Gibson, Gomis, Windsor and Jackson amongst recent strikers.   (Might become a long post if I start listing all Holloway signings)

I saw Sisay play for Clee Town. Lucky me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Davec
July 17, 2021, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42

Your post got me thinking, thanks to the pandemic, I've not seen Payne play for Town at BP, only via ifollow.  Same goes for Gibson, Gomis, Windsor and Jackson amongst recent strikers.   (Might become a long post if I start listing all Holloway signings)

Was Sisay as bad for Cleethorpes as what people make out? I got told even at that level he looked like bambi on ice and couldn't even do the basics such as control the ball, make simple passes and win headers etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
jamesgtfc
July 17, 2021, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190

At a level where Scott Vernon scores 30 goals a season, Sisay was like a rabbit in headlights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
toontown
July 17, 2021, 9:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Davec

Was Sisay as bad for Cleethorpes as what people make out? I got told even at that level he looked like bambi on ice and couldn't even do the basics such as control the ball, make simple passes and win headers etc.

Yeah I wanted to ask that too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stefan Payne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.