Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
well the thread is locked below but

Club Investigating the video which is available to view on the replies on towns twitter

Logged Offline
Private Message
quebec38
March 17, 2022, 1:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Spitting in someone’s face is obviously unacceptable and needs to be dealt with by the police. The rest from what I can see is just drunk people being drunk and a bit silly and that is JMs only crime from what I can see.

Should be a fairly easy investigation for the club and a quick reminder of his responsibilities as a role model, nothing else.

Almost as tragic is people creating tik toks to get people in trouble whilst tagging employers etc in an effort to get someone “cancelled”. Just phone the police.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 91
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from quebec38
Spitting in someone’s face is obviously unacceptable and needs to be dealt with by the police. The rest from what I can see is just drunk people being drunk and a bit silly and that is JMs only crime from what I can see.

Should be a fairly easy investigation for the club and a quick reminder of his responsibilities as a role model, nothing else.

Almost as tragic is people creating tik toks to get people in trouble whilst tagging employers etc in an effort to get someone “cancelled”. Just phone the police.

her statement indicates Mcatee looking like he was off his face on drugs, which i certainly hope isnt the case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 91
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 1:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I don't dispute Johns mate is in the wrong and spitting is absolutely disgusting but it looks like John is only guilty of being a bit foolish in that video. The behaviour coming from the victims doesn't paint them in a great light either but it does stink of someone clout chasing and trying to sell a story.

I note she has a 630k YouTube, 54k TikTok and 95k Instagram but is using her Twitter with a following of 25 people to spread this video and hatred.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 91
Son of Cod
March 17, 2022, 1:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Hagrid

her statement indicates Mcatee looking like he was off his face on drugs, which i certainly hope isnt the case

Just seen the video, he doesn't look like he's taken anything to me. Not saying he hasn't, just that it's not visibly clear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 91
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Just seen the video, he doesn't look like he's taken anything to me. Not saying he hasn't, just that it's not visibly clear.

She put a further statement regarding that, but agreed in the video it doesnt look clear.

guess we'll just have to see what the investigation says but i dont expect him to be playing Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,766
Gold Stars: 1,515
If you’re going to name your son Mason Dayson, don’t act surprised when he turns out to be a bit of a pleb.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,766
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from Hagrid

She put a further statement regarding that, but agreed in the video it doesnt look clear.

guess we'll just have to see what the investigation says but i dont expect him to be playing Saturday

Why? Unless more detail comes out, then the only story here is ‘drunken footballer acts like bell end, has obnoxious mates’.

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 90%. Not everyone is James Milner.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 91
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 2:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Why? Unless more detail comes out, then the only story here is ‘drunken footballer acts like bell end, has obnoxious mates’.

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 10%. Not everyone is James Milner.

because Hurst hates stuff like this. no matter how minor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 91
Son of Cod
March 17, 2022, 2:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 10%. Not everyone is James Milner.

Yeah, it's obviously not a great look for him or the club but there's no evidence to suggest he's done anything wrong yet. Agree that it sets a dangerous precedent if we leave him on the sole basis of a TikTok video.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 91
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.