aldi_01
August 26, 2022, 3:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Deckhand
I knew an ex Town player who never had an agent and would never use the services of a agent.
When he signed contracts anywhere and was stuck he'd ring his old man up for advice as he was in the game along time or used the PFA

Couple of former colleagues would do just this. One went in to coaching, was an assistant manager and the manager along with his staff got the boot, club tried to withhold payments, a simple phone call to the PFA and the matter was resolved. No agent needed.

As I said, the several former players I know, only one had an agent. That said, it seems that some players are almost desperate for one, even down at lower tier levels, as is shown in the Macclesfield documentary.

Back to the original point, if we get anything it’s a bonus. The progress of and development of Dembele is great and is a positive to come out of a bizarre and sometimes dark period for the club.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
GtfcGarner
August 26, 2022, 10:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01

Couple of former colleagues would do just this. One went in to coaching, was an assistant manager and the manager along with his staff got the boot, club tried to withhold payments, a simple phone call to the PFA and the matter was resolved. No agent needed.

As I said, the several former players I know, only one had an agent. That said, it seems that some players are almost desperate for one, even down at lower tier levels, as is shown in the Macclesfield documentary.

Back to the original point, if we get anything it’s a bonus. The progress of and development of Dembele is great and is a positive to come out of a bizarre and sometimes dark period for the club.

Is the Macclesfield documentary anywhere to watch please?
Would like to give it a watch myself as I know Danny Whittaker stayed on there and is doing well with them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
aldi_01
August 26, 2022, 10:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Would like to give it a watch myself as I know Danny Whittaker stayed on there and is doing well with them.

Could be on iPlayer? May be on YouTube?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
ex-merseymariner
August 26, 2022, 10:51am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9
So, does anyone know if dembele has gone to besiktas, as all the recent news focusing on Dele Alli who they have signed on loan...

Seems they were signing both but gone quiet in siriki front??

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
stevej7634
August 26, 2022, 10:51am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +64
Quoted from Youngy
Reports suggesting that Siriki Dembélé is about to sign for Beşiktaş on an initial season long loan with a view to a £2.5 million permanent move. I wonder how playing in Istanbul matches up to a Lincolnshire derby?

I love turkey so any excuse for me to go there is a plus for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
diehardmariner
August 26, 2022, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,706
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0011n50

But prepare to feel physically sick at Savage and the co-owner out-Partridging each other at every opportunity.  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
moosey_club
August 26, 2022, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
So, does anyone know if dembele has gone to besiktas, as all the recent news focusing on Dele Alli who they have signed on loan...

Seems they were signing both but gone quiet in siriki front??

Besiktas were in final stages of agreement but their lawyers discovered a small clause in the terms which would see them having to pay a Spanish based property company any profits from any player sales they make over the next 3 yrs.....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
GrimExile
August 26, 2022, 6:52pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
If I remember correctly Paul Scholes never had an agent. I think he just said to Sir Alex, “Pay me what you think I’m worth!!” Easy I suppose if you’re an England player and in his pomp one of the best players in the world and therefore earning great money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
forza ivano
September 1, 2022, 11:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
off to Blackburn ? (hopefully for a massive fee!)

https://twitter.com/footyinsider247/status/1565293626506334212
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
mimma
September 2, 2022, 12:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Didn't last long at Bournemouth did he? Wonder what went on there, sign a player for a biggish fee only to sell him on for less. Doesn't make sense to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siriki Dembélé

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.