Private Message
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2023, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,772
Gold Stars: 81
Bit strange at the end of the interview when he says he would like more loans if allowed, why? Seems to conflict with earlier interviews when he said he was looking to make permanent signings!!

I’m not wanting a change of Manager but aside from the clean sheet v Stockport our record since Christmas is to concede 3, then 4 now 5 a problem that clearly needs addressing despite the additional clean sheet v Burton who again failed to score again today and got another tonking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 113
davmariner
January 14, 2023, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
His recruitment needs to improve. It was poor when we returned to the EFL last time we were promoted and hasn’t been good enough again.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 113
Bigdog
January 14, 2023, 9:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Don't know about anyone else, but I've lost a lot of faith in PH over the past dozen games, probably to the point where I 'm starting to believe it's maybe beyond him to get us out of this division. Wasn't expecting promotion, but these long slumps are becoming all too familiar. I've got two more transfer windows and another season of patience in me, but if I were the owner of our club, I'd stop making bold public statements of any manager being here for the long term. Stability can be offered without boxing yourself into a corner..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 113
GhostDan
January 14, 2023, 9:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
“ I 'm starting to believe it's maybe beyond him to get us out of this division.”

Jesus Christ, we are half way into our first season returning to “this division”.

We’d all love to be battling at the top, along with 23 teams who wish the same but let’s get some perspective, a year ago we’d have all snapped a hand off to be back in the league today.  Yeah the recent run of results isn’t what any of us want but give the lads a chance, every transfer window we’ve got slightly better and I’ll be shocked if by Feb 1st that isn’t the case this time aswell.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 113
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2023, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog
Don't know about anyone else, but I've lost a lot of faith in PH over the past dozen games, probably to the point where I 'm starting to believe it's maybe beyond him to get us out of this division. Wasn't expecting promotion, but these long slumps are becoming all too familiar. I've got two more transfer windows and another season of patience in me, but if I were the owner of our club, I'd stop making bold public statements of any manager being here for the long term. Stability can be offered without boxing yourself into a corner..

I’ve actually lost faith in some of the players who need to take some accountability alongside the manager.

To be fair pushing back on Tondour is fair enough as he can’t say one thing one week and another a few weeks later. Odd comment about loans though, I wonder what he meant?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 113
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2023, 9:30pm
Brandy Drinker
[quote=136845]Don't know about anyone else, but I've lost a lot of faith in PH over the past dozen games, probably to the point where I 'm starting to believe it's maybe beyond him to get us out of this

Think I’d forgotten how disillusioned I became last time he was here when I pretty much stopped going as the football was pretty negative. When he was reappointed I was reasonably happy as I was sure he would keep us up but that obviously didn’t materialise and then those first dozen games last season it was if PH had seen the light and we were going to play this wonderful attacking football. Ultimately we went up in the most dramatic and exciting way possible so all is rosy again but like a minority of others I have been totally unimpressed with his summer recruitment and our style of football particularly at home which has hardly got the juices flowing.

I can accept rebuilding takes time but let’s face it Fatty Evan’s has basically transformed Stevenage overnight so we shouldn’t believe it’s not possible to have higher expectations than mid to low table obscurity just like we endured last time we returned. Many clubs on promotion back to L2 immediately threaten to get promotion again whilst we in all honesty are once again nervously looking over our shoulders once again. Three quality signings could change the whole picture so I will await what happens in this and the next window but I’m not of the opinion that Hurst is irreplaceable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 113
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2023, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Apologies for losing my sh1t earlier but I’m getting pretty fed up of being browbeaten into thinking all is well. It isn’t. My message inbox tells me it isn’t, the on field performances tell me it isn’t, the lack of transparency tells me it isn’t and our recruitment tells me it isn’t.

It’s obviously better than under our previous custodian but, when Lady Luck gives you a leg up, as she did in the playoffs, then you capitalise on it.

We have record ST sales, continued good home gates (amazing given the results), increased revenue from the promotion run and decent cup revenue and our manager now says he wants more loans having said last week that we were looking at permanent deals. In another interview, he said him and Chris didn’t like many players. Well, maybe, not many players like us. That’s how it seems anyway.

We’re now 11 points from the drop, 10 points off the playoffs, our worst position for sometime. Am I panicking? No, not yet. Concerned? Hell yes.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 113
Mikey_345
January 14, 2023, 9:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Starting to think the loans comment is we are trying to get summer targets early so loans with a view to permanent, that would limit what you can do then as we already have 3 (4 if include Kiernan) and we can only select 5.  The complication maybe he wants to bring Kiernan in permanently if that’s the case but that would need to be agreed by Walsall.

Just a theory as can’t believe we’d want to pack the squad with loanees as clear we need to build with some permenant transfers.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 113
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2023, 9:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345
Starting to think the loans comment is we are trying to get summer targets early so loans with a view to permanent, that would limit what you can do then as we already have 3 (4 if include Kiernan) and we can only select 5.  The complication maybe he wants to bring Kiernan in permanently if that’s the case but that would need to be agreed by Walsall.

Just a theory as can’t believe we’d want to pack the squad with loanees as clear we need to build with some permenant transfers.

If we want to sign Kiernan on a permanent basis we don’t have expectations of getting promoted at anytime in the near future!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 113
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's post-match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.