MuddyWaters
January 14, 2023, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

His persona managed to get players to run through brick walls for the last 3 games of last season.

They did. They rode a wave of momentum that gave us one of the craziest fortnights that will probably never be repeated. They probably earned the right to the new contracts that many of them were given.

In a way, that may be the problem. We were left with a squad full of lower League 2/higher level National League players. Good wingers in League 2 are too good for our full backs. Strikers with pace are too quick for Waterfall and Maher, a strong striker has too much presence for Smith.

Our owners talk about continuing improvement. The last window didn’t. This one needs to. We’re looking the wrong way again - down not up.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 113
Mikey_345
January 14, 2023, 10:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from Bigdog

A shocking statistic. More like whack a mole than squad building..

You do realise that in that time he’s had to:

1) Try and keep a side up - Making changes from Holloway’s mess. Almost an entire new squad..
2) Then when we went down, restructure and put together a side for non league.
3) Following that been a success had to get one together for L2. In a short window and ahead of schedule…

Have a day off pal.

I get people have their problems with Hurst. But let’s try keep some perspective and not completely re-write history or the circumstances we’ve been in.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 113
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2023, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Yep.. lets dine out on that for the next few seasons while we stand still and attendances drop..

I wasn’t actually doing that but was making a point that him the past he’s motivated players to do well, like they did versus Stockport & Burton recently.

Just because you don’t like his tone in an interview you can’t credibly state an argument that the players feel the same way in training, unless you’re joining in the sessions or have open dialogue with several players which I assume you’re not doing either.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 113
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2023, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I wasn’t actually doing that but was making a point that him the past he’s motivated players to do well, like they did versus Stockport & Burton recently.

Just because you don’t like his tone in an interview you can’t credibly state an argument that the players feel the same way in training, unless you’re joining in the sessions or have open dialogue with several players which I assume you’re not doing either.

Let’s just take those 1-0 wins as a snapshot of our season. I know you don’t get to every game, nor do I, but I can’t remember a single game this season that we’ve dominated. Most of our wins have been by the odd goal. Not once have we put a team to the sword - especially at home.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 113
Rodley Mariner
January 14, 2023, 10:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Let’s just take those 1-0 wins as a snapshot of our season. I know you don’t get to every game, nor do I, but I can’t remember a single game this season that we’ve dominated. Most of our wins have been by the odd goal. Not once have we put a team to the sword - especially at home.

Furthest we've gone in the cup in more than 20 years and still a decent chance it will be our highest league finish in about 15 though. We drunk on Crawley and Crewe at home as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 113
chaos33
January 14, 2023, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Plymouth?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 113
Rodley Mariner
January 14, 2023, 10:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
So we've only won comfortably at home three times this season and only one of those was against the team who are top of the division above us. Absolutely disgusting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 113
Hagrid
January 14, 2023, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Plymouth, Crewe, Crawley, Colchester away.

Rare to dominate a game for 90 minutes though, we are Grimsby Town, not Real Madrid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 113
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2023, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
So we've only won comfortably at home three times this season and only one of those was against the team who are top of the division above us. Absolutely disgusting.

Apologies. I missed out the words ‘in the league’. And we certainly didn’t urine on Crawley. Tranmere was possibly our most convincing league win.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 113
Rodley Mariner
January 14, 2023, 10:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Apologies. I missed out the words ‘in the league’. And we certainly didn’t urine on Crawley. Tranmere was possibly our most convincing league win.

Oh we're not counting cups or 3-0 wins? How does taking the most negative possible stance on everything tend to work out for you out of interest?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's post-match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.