Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 14,842 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 23, 2024, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,347
Gold Stars: 119
Not sure what to make of it .

Were we that bad apart from the times they scored?

Were they that good?

Strange game really for that first 45 which was effectively the game .

Maybe they just had a really good gameplan ,inviting us out of a low block and having the quality to expose us tbf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 169
Plankton
March 23, 2024, 5:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Wrexham were brilliant, their counter attacking football is something we can only dream of. We gifted them 2 goals and allowed a third with poor defending. The first half looked like an FA cup game against a championship side and we didn't compete whatsoever in the first 45. Wrexham took their foot off gas in the second as the match was clearly sown up.

We're a poor side, in a poor position, they're a good side, in a good position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 169
Hagrid
March 23, 2024, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,443
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Fair enough, you're also entitled to your opinion. I personally just don't understand why you'd bother going if you're just going to leave early. Seems like a waste of your money and time.

And if you're interested in the players performing better than I doubt that denting their confidence by streaming out early will do much to help that. But as I say, just my opinion.

Players have been lucky the ground has emptied so frequently. Some of their “ efforts” this season have been appalling and they’ve got off the hook

Fans support has stood up brilliantly considering
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 169
oochiad
March 23, 2024, 5:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
I didn’t expect a result today but I did expect more fight and passion from the team like we get when we’re away. I just don’t understand why that is. Anyway that result won’t define our season and although some people left at 75 mins I thought generally the crowd were very patient with what was served up. Onto Barrow and it won’t surprise me at all that we’ll get a point and put a really gutsy preformance on. UTM! Xxxxx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 169
pontoonlew
March 23, 2024, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Hagrid
They were average and we made it easy for them.

Poor all over the pitch, Keeper at fault for 2 of the goals.

Noone had a good game imo. Subs did well but should have been made at Half Time- thats on the manager ( are we allowed to criticise him yet Pontoonlew?)

A game i didnt expect anything from but we showed nothing. Missed Danny Rose badly

Criticise away mate, you’ve had 6 games chomping at the bit to do it so why not give it all you’ve got tonight.

Thought Holohan (yet again) and Green were absolutely terrible today, stopped us creating a single thing by passing the ball like they were playing Sunday league. Andrews & Wood put them to shame and should be starting Saturday.

As somebody said, this result won’t define our season. It’s been a good 6 games previous that have probably given us just enough breathing room. Essentially 7 points clear still with games in hand, Sutton & FGR are going to need an incredible run of form to turn it around now. I’d go so far as to say I’d be surprised to see 42 points not being enough, and you’d imagine 4 points from the next 8 games should be more than achievable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 169
pontoonlew
March 23, 2024, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from oochiad
I didn’t expect a result today but I did expect more fight and passion from the team like we get when we’re away. I just don’t understand why that is. Anyway that result won’t define our season and although some people left at 75 mins I thought generally the crowd were very patient with what was served up. Onto Barrow and it won’t surprise me at all that we’ll get a point and put a really gutsy preformance on. UTM! Xxxxx

In fairness I thought we did work hard & fight today, the issue was purely in the application
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 169
MuddyWaters
March 23, 2024, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew

Criticise away mate, you’ve had 6 games chomping at the bit to do it so why not give it all you’ve got tonight.

Thought Holohan (yet again) and Green were absolutely terrible today, stopped us creating a single thing by passing the ball like they were playing Sunday league. Andrews & Wood put them to shame and should be starting Saturday.

As somebody said, this result won’t define our season. It’s been a good 6 games previous that have probably given us just enough breathing room. Essentially 7 points clear still with games in hand, Sutton & FGR are going to need an incredible run of form to turn it around now. I’d go so far as to say I’d be surprised to see 42 points not being enough, and you’d imagine 4 points from the next 8 games should be more than achievable.

Who’s going to start on Friday then?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 169
Yoda
March 23, 2024, 6:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,138
Gold Stars: 71
Awful awful performance another shocker from the keeper.
We were second best all over the pitch zero fight from any of them.
Left 20 minutes early it was that bad we could sleep walk into relegation on that performance.
To be honest wouldn’t be to bothered if Artell went at end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 169
Wiley2405
March 23, 2024, 6:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Not much to say on the game apart from Wrexham we’re much better than us.

One thing I will say listening to Artell and Thompson is that I hate this the ‘occasion’ may have got to us, they are in the same league as us! We aren’t playing Man Utd away, there’s always cameras there, forget about Netflix you’re professional footballers don’t blame the ‘occasion’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 169
Hagrid
March 23, 2024, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,443
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew

Really havent. But your so quick to have a go at anyone else that think its only fair to accept it back.

I wouldnt be surprised if the 2 ( Andrews and Wood) play on friday. Andrews looked like he had a point to prove

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.