ska face
August 12, 2012, 2:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,823
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from slide to unlock

Just for the record again, Bradley wood was excellent today and for me can be forgiven for the 1 error.

But noone have said anything about g pearson 1 on 1 (where he fell over just before shooting) what's all that about.

He was tackled.
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 267
80sglory
August 12, 2012, 2:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Can't believe poeple leaving Niven out, IMO he was just shaded out by S Pearson for MOTM. He broke up countless Southport attacks and got forward a fair bit too. On one occasion he was in ten opposition box and witching seconds was back in our box getting in a vital block, excellent!

Every team needs a Dereck Niven!

Completely see your point.

Suppose I was thinking Thanoj needs to be involved at some point and with Disley as captain(not that it means he's automatic choice) and Niven having suffered from slight fatigue in close successive games before, it's a tough call whether to play Niven or a more attacking minded player.
Being at home you'd hope there'd be less need to have to break up play (but perhaps not).
We'll see what happens,
I'd probably throw Thanoj in for Niven myself but it's a close call.
Reply: 251 - 267
davmariner
August 12, 2012, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
I wish Miller's wife would hurry up and give birth, poor timing from them to have a nipper at the start of the season.  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 267
barralad
August 12, 2012, 5:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from slide to unlock
Not for one minute was it a wrong choice to play Bradley wood today he was outstanding. Some of the challenges he put his body into was just amazing, there best player by a mile is Whaley and he didn't even get a sniff, brad left his mark on him straight away and Whaley just went missing.. Brad made a mistake yes he would be first to admit maybe he should have just cleared it.? But all this shite it's woods fault blar blar blar what about pond where was he when grand scored? It was his man for the goal. Ok brad made the foul but the ball has to travel into the box. Basic man marking. People saying if hatton was playing that foul wouldn't have taken place, isn't that the same then if miller was playing would grand have got a free header? Don't see many talking about the good things he did like keeping Whaley silent like clearing his lines many a time though out the game etc.. But no all most seem to want to do is slate the lad..

Just for the record again, Bradley wood was excellent today and for me can be forgiven for the 1 error.

But noone have said anything about g pearson 1 on 1 (where he fell over just before shooting) what's all that about.

Are you by any chance related to Bradley or perhaps his Agent? There have been plenty of comments about how well he played before the error.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 267
Super Clive
August 12, 2012, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Barra 'dislikes' Bradley...readings your comments over the past few weeks its seems you have something against him?
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 267
lorenxox
August 12, 2012, 5:18pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from barralad

Are you by any chance related to Bradley or perhaps his Agent? There have been plenty of comments about how well he played before the error.

people have wrote on here all the whole how good a player is. doesn't mean there related. your all fans, and admirer players.. he obviously does bradley.
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 267
lorenxox
August 12, 2012, 5:19pm

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from lorenxox

people have wrote on here all the whole how good a player is. doesn't mean there related. your all fans, and admirer players.. he obviously does bradley.

stupid phone. all the while*
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 267
nelly_gtfc
August 12, 2012, 6:22pm
Guest User
[img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8895/townsouthport2012.jpg[/img]
Reply: 257 - 267
slide to unlock
August 12, 2012, 6:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Quoted from barralad

am i not entitled to my own opinion just like everyone else is.? just because i give good comments about aplayer that was outstanding yesterday bar 1 silly error makes me ether related or his agent... get a grip.

ps if i was related to him its got fook all to do with you.

i love you brad
i love you brad
i love you brad
i love you brad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 267
80sglory
August 12, 2012, 7:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
because Scott and Hurst know what they're talking about, where as us fans don't really

Speak for yourself !

Right let's clear this up then....
Some people know what they're talking about and some don't but it's all down to opinions.

You seem to thinks moaning is always unhelpful but I would argue constructive criticism can be helpful for people to take stock and improve. (should they agree)
But if everyone is always gonna say a big "well done" regardless, there's at least a possibility people may contiune to tread the wrong path thinking they're on the right one or feel any need to "raise their game" for the general good of the club on the pitch.

It's all well and good complaining about "journeymen" once players have left, but defend them when they don't deserve it, there's always the danger they will start taking the proverbial or do only as much as they need to.

To be clear I wholeheartedly disgaree with "moaners" who make unconstructive comments like "season over" but at the end of the day they're entitled to their opinion whether we agree or not.
At the very least, fans have a right to express an opinion or be heard even if we think it may be complete and utter sh1te.

For me Gary, too many people like you seem to want to control ever so called "negative" comment as if it somehow means it's gonna be the end of the world should they simply choose to ignor it.
At the end of the day most people are intelligent enough they can see who's making a fair point and who clearly isn't.

Quoted from Gary Haddock
we say stupid things like we could do better when in actual fact we know we can't.

We were 3 minutes away from doing better - that's the whole point.
Don't you see that criticism doesn't necessarily mean it's all doom and gloom for the future but that we're not a thousand miles away from where things could be so much better ?
If that's not postive I don't know what is !

Quoted from Gary Haddock
And not saying people can't have an opinion just think with it being so early and yet so many negative views already, it's hardly encouraging is i?

Don't get your point here.
If you're saying your hopes for the season are based on others opinions then you've lost me.
I'm sure success will ultimately boil down to S&H.
As for this "people will be put off" argument I don't partcularly buy it.
Results are ultimately the main factor on attendances so as always, it's important we get things right on the pitch.

Sorry but living in a fantasy world where no-one is able to ever be fairly criticized doesn't make for a healthy fan base (IMO).
But like I said if people want their moan then I would hope they do it on a messageboard than at the match.
Reply: 259 - 267
27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.