Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600

Speak for yourself !

Right let's clear this up then....
Some people know what they're talking about and some don't but it's all down to opinions.

You seem to thinks moaning is always unhelpful but I would argue constructive criticism can be helpful for people to take stock and improve. (should they agree)
But if everyone is always gonna say a big "well done" regardless, there's at least a possibility people may contiune to tread the wrong path thinking they're on the right one or feel any need to "raise their game" for the general good of the club on the pitch.

It's all well and good complaining about "journeymen" once players have left, but defend them when they don't deserve it, there's always the danger they will start taking the proverbial or do only as much as they need to.

To be clear I wholeheartedly disgaree with "moaners" who make unconstructive comments like "season over" but at the end of the day they're entitled to their opinion whether we agree or not.
At the very least, fans have a right to express an opinion or be heard even if we think it may be complete and utter sh1te.

For me Gary, too many people like you seem to want to control ever so called "negative" comment as if it somehow means it's gonna be the end of the world should they simply choose to ignor it.
At the end of the day most people are intelligent enough they can see who's making a fair point and who clearly isn't.

We were 3 minutes away from doing better - that's the whole point.
Don't you see that criticism doesn't necessarily mean it's all doom and gloom for the future but that we're not a thousand miles away from where things could be so much better ?
If that's not postive I don't know what is !

Don't get your point here.
If you're saying your hopes for the season are based on others opinions then you've lost me.
I'm sure success will ultimately boil down to S&H.
As for this "people will be put off" argument I don't partcularly buy it.
Results are ultimately the main factor on attendances so as always, it's important we get things right on the pitch.

Sorry but living in a fantasy world where no-one is able to ever be fairly criticized doesn't make for a healthy fan base (IMO).
But like I said if people want their moan then I would hope they do it on a messageboard than at the match.

yeh cool, a very good reply bit happier seeing someone put it that way and you pretty much answered any question I'd ask so alls good. fair play to you and thank you for your reply. opened my eyes and guess I was kinda in dream land now thinking back about it lol.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 267
80sglory
August 12, 2012, 7:48pm
Guest User
Well don't beat yourself up  
Sure everyone find things annoying on here they don't like (myself included !)
Think there's plenty of over-reaction myself too but hey ho there you go, it's all opinions.
Reply: 261 - 267
barralad
August 12, 2012, 11:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Super Clive
Barra 'dislikes' Bradley...readings your comments over the past few weeks its seems you have something against him?

Not at all. I'm attempting to add balance to an otherwise biased debate. He was excellent yesterday until the 86th minute and had he continued would have been my choice for MOTM. Bradley and Pond allowed Southport out of jail yesterday between them. If we are serious about promotion we HAVE to cut out those type of mistakes. Other Town players have been assassinated on here for much less.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 267
BIGChris
August 13, 2012, 11:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Surprised that after an opening day away draw against a side that finished a few places above us last season that some people would make 5 or 6 changes to the starting line up?

Scott seemed to indicate he was pleased with the performance, if not the result and how the equaliser came about, and I'd therefore expect an odd tweak rather than wholesale changes.

I think everyone who went felt Wood had an excellent game for 86 minutes, the frustration of some is that the type of error he made was something we have seen for the last few seasons. Don't think it is an assasination of the player, just fans expressing their views in a passionate way.

We all want the same thing. Success on the field of play and back into the Football league.

It will be a hard task but IF all the fans can get behind the team from the off tomorrow, make BP an intimidating place for visiting sides, we have a chance.

Come on get to BP and support the team in black and white

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 267
Jarmo.Is.God
August 13, 2012, 12:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from BIGChris
Surprised that after an opening day away draw against a side that finished a few places above us last season that some people would make 5 or 6 changes to the starting line up?

Scott seemed to indicate he was pleased with the performance, if not the result and how the equaliser came about, and I'd therefore expect an odd tweak rather than wholesale changes.

I think everyone who went felt Wood had an excellent game for 86 minutes, the frustration of some is that the type of error he made was something we have seen for the last few seasons. Don't think it is an assasination of the player, just fans expressing their views in a passionate way.

We all want the same thing. Success on the field of play and back into the Football league.

It will be a hard task but IF all the fans can get behind the team from the off tomorrow, make BP an intimidating place for visiting sides, we have a chance.

UTM

THIS !

would maybe take Disley off and put Pond in CM and Miller in CB

but apart from that i would keep it as it is.

we was the better team, and they had 1 shot on target ?

We stopped Whalley ? playing, who is a good player in this league.

if they didnt score, everyone would be over the moon, see the bigger picture, we did well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 267
brad_gtfc
August 13, 2012, 2:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I'd take Disley and Niven out, yes I am crazy.

My midfield four would be Coulbeck Thanoj Artus Soares for the Stockport game. Also Hatton in for Wood, only because Hatton is a better ball player than Wood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 267
Garth
August 13, 2012, 2:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from brad_gtfc
I'd take Disley and Niven out, yes I am crazy.

My midfield four would be Coulbeck Thanoj Artus Soares for the Stockport game. Also Hatton in for Wood, only because Hatton is a better ball player than Wood.

Yes you are, we played well on Saturday and the only player who stopped us scoring more than one goal and winning the game was their keeper.
Only changes I would make is Elding for Pearson to start and Soares on during the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 267
80sglory
August 13, 2012, 9:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

UTM

Not sure about 5 or 6 but don't think it would necessarily be any reflection of underperformance if changes happened.

Whilst Scott has indicated players may be dropped if they don't perform, I think a few could simply be changed because of the opposition and playing at home.

I'm thinking Hatton, Soares and possibly Thanoj will fit into the more attacking lineup.
If Elding comes in for Pearson I guess it's cos he's won the shirt.

Understand some people always want a settled team(so do I tbh) but early days and it's a squad affair too - the more who can positiviely chip to the cause and share the weight (if it's the right time for them to be invloved) the better for me.

Garth, you might think it's crazy but we've already seen Niven put in a storming performance pre-season but then appear to be suffering from the fatigue of those exertions next game.
No idea if the same could happen again but there's no prizes on offer for not anticipating these things if there's any danger !

At the end of the day you can just keep playing play the same players until they member up but there's no prizes for closing the stable door after the horse had bolted either.

No reason we're aware of to say Niven shouldn't keep his place (certainly deserves it), but don't see the value in expecting 11 players to play 46 games week in week out whilst the others sit about twiddling their thumbs (roll on reserve games !)

As far as I'm concerned, I expect the managers to anticipate these things.
If it was simple as just picking the players that deserve their place, I'm sure we could probably all do it !
Reply: 267 - 267
27 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.