Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 129 Guests

Time for this Clown to go

This thread currently has 19,183 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 15, 2014, 10:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,146
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

On the opening day of the season 4,037 were at BP to see Aldershot The last 2 gates at BP have been 4,174 and  4,374. Our average in the two seasons before, one of which PH arrived at when it was too late to get in the play-offs were 3,072 and 3,141. Hard to see that PH is really driving away fans - people are coming in response to our position near the top of the league I would argue more than any other factor.

I knew you would highlight that. Fan are turning up more in hope than expectation, because it is the business end of the season and the fans are desperate to see signs that we are capable of going up. Truth is that there would be in excess of 5000 if we looked convincing and put on some decent displays. We are dreadful at home and could be doing so much better on and off the pitch,

I admire your optimism Rob, but i know lots of fans who stopped going a while back, citing the awful football and atmosphere as the main reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 167
Mariners_15
April 15, 2014, 11:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I don't think now is the time to sack PH

Having said that I'm well and truly fed up after tonight. Absolutely clueless from start to finish, constant hoofball and no fight in the performance at all. Unfortunately performances haven't been up to scratch since our purple patch around november december time and barring Huddersfield I would ask someone to give me one game since then where we have walked away happy with the performance. A few decent results have papered over cracks that have appeared since January and Paul Hurst hasn't had the guts not tactical nouse to turn thing around in our favour.

Constant negative tactics and barely any goals scored. I think we all know deep down that we are very unlikely to get promoted and if we do then dear me, what kind of mess are we in going into League 2. I've bit my tongue for long enough as I've not wanted to come across as negative but there comes a point when it's no longer negative just realistic.

The atmosphere at the home games this season has been flat putting it mildly and we can only look at the negative tactics and lack of football for the reason. And yet again PH comes onto Humberside after that dreadful performance and gives another one of his usual interviews.. not much in the game/unlucky...

Not been this fed up in a long time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 167
carrot top
April 15, 2014, 11:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

I knew you would highlight that. Fan are turning up more in hope than expectation, because it is the business end of the season and the fans are desperate to see signs that we are capable of going up. Truth is that there would be in excess of 5000 if we looked convincing and put on some decent displays. We are dreadful at home and could be doing so much better on and off the pitch,

I admire your optimism Rob, but i know lots of fans who stopped going a while back, citing the awful football and atmosphere as the main reason.

I agree. I'm finding it very hard to consider going again this season ( only one home match I know) play offs included if we make it. It is boring to watch. The only games I have actually enjoyed at BP are the fa cup games. If that level of performance we witnessed in those 3 games were replicated we would be looking at bigger gates for sure.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 167
ackomariner
April 15, 2014, 11:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariners_15

Having said that I'm well and truly fed up after tonight. Absolutely clueless from start to finish, constant hoofball and no fight in the performance at all. Unfortunately performances haven't been up to scratch since our purple patch around november december time and barring Huddersfield I would ask someone to give me one game since then where we have walked away happy with the performance. A few decent results have papered over cracks that have appeared since January and Paul Hurst hasn't had the guts not tactical nouse to turn thing around in our favour.

Constant negative tactics and barely any goals scored. I think we all know deep down that we are very unlikely to get promoted and if we do then dear me, what kind of mess are we in going into League 2. I've bit my tongue for long enough as I've not wanted to come across as negative but there comes a point when it's no longer negative just realistic.

The atmosphere at the home games this season has been flat putting it mildly and we can only look at the negative tactics and lack of football for the reason. And yet again PH comes onto Humberside after that dreadful performance and gives another one of his usual interviews.. not much in the game/unlucky...

Loads of us on here like that mate, but have spoken out for months now, but get shot down all the time.

Like you say it's not negative just realistic

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 167
highcliff mariner
April 15, 2014, 11:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Mariners_15

And that's about how I see it , we were inferior in every aspect of the game tonight , with desire been one of the main problems along with our tactics ( what is our game plan anybody ?) I live in hope , but not much belief.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 167
Grimal
April 15, 2014, 11:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,875
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Perkins
I predict a loss at Alfreton, we get a last minute equaliser against
Hyde, thumped at Braintree. Hurst goes, we advertise for a new manager, no one wants the job and Fenty goes on bended knees and begs Rob Scott to come back.

I predict we will win the next three games ,,Alfreton 1  Town 3        -  Town 3  Hyde 0    -    Braintree 1   Town 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 167
oldun
April 15, 2014, 11:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Grimal

I predict we will win the next three games ,,Alfreton 1  Town 3        -  Town 3  Hyde 0    -    Braintree 1   Town 2.

I'll have some of what you are on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 167
Doubled
April 15, 2014, 11:16pm
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
Not the time to sack the manager.
Maybe he is playing the long game and this rotation will give us a fresh and strong squad for the play offs.
Why would we show one of our potential opponents all we have in our locker tonight?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 167
grimps
April 15, 2014, 11:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Doubled
Not the time to sack the manager.
Maybe he is playing the long game and this rotation will give us a fresh and strong squad for the play offs.
Why would we show one of our potential opponents all we have in our locker tonight?

UTM

Comedian
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 167
barralad
April 15, 2014, 11:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from highcliff mariner

And that's about how I see it , we were inferior in every aspect of the game tonight , with desire been one of the main problems along with our tactics ( what is our game plan anybody ?) I live in hope , but not much belief.

UTM

Well we certainly weren't inferior for the first half. The effort was there as usual. The tactic after they'd scored was to hoof it up as quickly as possible-making sure we found their centre half..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.