Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 135 Guests

Time for this Clown to go

This thread currently has 19,180 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner21
April 16, 2014, 8:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Get him out. What a clueless little turd. Shocking performance AGAIN.

We've said since earlier in season he  just hasn't got a clue tactic wise.

The fact he's continued on his own still without bringing in an assistant or coach is just laughable.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 167
ivanosandwich
April 16, 2014, 8:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Mariner21
Get him out. What a clueless little turd. Shocking performance AGAIN.

We've said since earlier in season he  just hasn't got a clue tactic wise.

The fact he's continued on his own still without bringing in an assistant or coach is just laughable.

Until this post I was enjoying this thread, good debate but without personal insults.

Why do you feel that a personal insult will somehow get your point across better?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 167
Mariner21
April 16, 2014, 8:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Wow little turd in hurt my feelings shocker!!!!!
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 167
FFS
April 16, 2014, 8:38am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Mariner21
Get him out. What a clueless little turd.

FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 167
Caesar
April 16, 2014, 8:53am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Too depressed to come on The Fishy last night, expected backlash but seriously! Hurst to go NOW!!!

I am certainly in the camp of concerned fans, I think our form has been average to poor for a while, and I think it is highly likely we will be in this intercoursing league again next season.  If that happens then I definately think we should review Hurst's position. Disucss how similar is this to last season, is 3rd round of the FA cup an improvement of note that gives us any confidence in him going forward, are we committed to him as the worst thing we could do would give him half a season next term then sack him.  However those discussion have to take place AT THE END OF THE SEASON.  Excuse my capslock shouting but seriously a new manager (who I might add?) comes in and has a minimum of 3 games and a maximum of 6 games to turn around our fortunes?

Lets examine this new manager bounce people talk about? Looking at all manager changes round January league results (was looking at this before so had them noted down):

Northampton: 6 before Aidy Boothroyd P6, W1, D2, L3  After P6, W0,D2,L4

Torquay: 6 before Alan Knil Sacked: P6, W2, D1, L3 After P6, W2, D1, L3

Kidderminster: 6 Before Stever Butt: P6 W2, D0, L4 After P6, W1, D2 L3

Blackpool: 6 before Paul Ince Sacked P6: W0, D1, L5,  After, P6, W0, D3, L3

Chester 6 before Neil Young P6, W0 D4, L2 After P6, W3, D0, L3

Barner 6 before Davids: P6, W2, D0, L4  After P6 W4, D0, L2

The only one that seemed to have a real positive impact is Chester and they hired Steve Burr who I think is a top manager for this level. On the whole it does absolutely nothing and certainly over potentially 3 but hopefully 6 will not provide anywhere near enough of a bounce to get us into League 2! Our best hope is with Paul Hurst, even if we think that is little hope it is better than expecting someone to come in with Hursts set of players and expect them to do something that will make them suddenly a lot better.  So please can we stop all these pointless "I told you Hurst was useless" tosh and stop calling for him to go.  Until the end of the season he is our best bet, come the end of the season then we can look at our options but until then if we want the mariners to be in the football league next season the best we can do is have a little moan on here about excrement performances but be incredibly vocal at matches to try and galvanise this team into somehting many feel is beyond them but we all hope isn't!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 167
Trawler
April 16, 2014, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
If we win 6 games we go up (or less depending on others around us).

Having witnessed last night it's a bigger if than before - but it is in Hurst's hands, nonetheless.

So he is more than likely to stay.

But will all the 'Hurst Out' gang carry on calling for his head if he gets us promoted? Just asking.

Or will you immediately start trotting out "Hurst'll never get us out of League 2", "we're coming straight back down."

I find this thought even more depressing than anything that goes on the pitch.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 167
Tom13
April 16, 2014, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from grimps
I think looking at how much money he has had compared to many of the other teams in this league ,he has been well backed and I suspect there is only Luton with a bigger wage bill than us.
The other thing is he dosnt seem to learn anything ,we have all seen this coming since January and he has not been able to to counter the crap home form and poor play of his team.He's lost the fans now Rob so I expect he is walking on a very thin line ,anything but promotion and he will be gone

Forest Green?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 167
arryarryarry
April 16, 2014, 10:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Caesar
Too depressed to come on The Fishy last night, expected backlash but seriously! Hurst to go NOW!!!

I am certainly in the camp of concerned fans, I think our form has been average to poor for a while, and I think it is highly likely we will be in this intercoursing league again next season.  If that happens then I definately think we should review Hurst's position. Disucss how similar is this to last season, is 3rd round of the FA cup an improvement of note that gives us any confidence in him going forward, are we committed to him as the worst thing we could do would give him half a season next term then sack him.  However those discussion have to take place AT THE END OF THE SEASON.  Excuse my capslock shouting but seriously a new manager (who I might add?) comes in and has a minimum of 3 games and a maximum of 6 games to turn around our fortunes?

Lets examine this new manager bounce people talk about? Looking at all manager changes round January league results (was looking at this before so had them noted down):

Northampton: 6 before Aidy Boothroyd P6, W1, D2, L3  After P6, W0,D2,L4

Torquay: 6 before Alan Knil Sacked: P6, W2, D1, L3 After P6, W2, D1, L3

Kidderminster: 6 Before Stever Butt: P6 W2, D0, L4 After P6, W1, D2 L3

Blackpool: 6 before Paul Ince Sacked P6: W0, D1, L5,  After, P6, W0, D3, L3

Chester 6 before Neil Young P6, W0 D4, L2 After P6, W3, D0, L3

Barner 6 before Davids: P6, W2, D0, L4  After P6 W4, D0, L2

The only one that seemed to have a real positive impact is Chester and they hired Steve Burr who I think is a top manager for this level. On the whole it does absolutely nothing and certainly over potentially 3 but hopefully 6 will not provide anywhere near enough of a bounce to get us into League 2! Our best hope is with Paul Hurst, even if we think that is little hope it is better than expecting someone to come in with Hursts set of players and expect them to do something that will make them suddenly a lot better.  So please can we stop all these pointless "I told you Hurst was useless" tosh and stop calling for him to go.  Until the end of the season he is our best bet, come the end of the season then we can look at our options but until then if we want the mariners to be in the football league next season the best we can do is have a little moan on here about excrement performances but be incredibly vocal at matches to try and galvanise this team into somehting many feel is beyond them but we all hope isn't!

UTM

Nothing to review in my opinion, if we don't go up he goes.

Private Message
Reply: 87 - 167
grimps
April 16, 2014, 10:57am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think most town fans would have been happy for him to stay another season if we had given Luton a run for their money and lost in a unlucky play off game playing attractive football.
The problem is how we lost last night is exactly how we will lose in the Play offs and everyone knows its coming  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 167
Mariners_15
April 16, 2014, 11:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Completely agree, no promotion (which I think is highly likely) and Hurst should be gone. He's had 3 full seasons now, albeit 2 and a bit of them was with his mate Rob, but despite having one of the biggest budgets in the whole division excluding Luton and another team each season there seems to be no progression in the football. Same old...

As someone pointed out above Steve Burr is likely to be available in the summer and he would be my preferred candidate along with Mills. However I won't start thinking about all that until the seasons over...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.