5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
August 18, 2014, 2:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
If it was a roll of the dice why were we massive favourites with the bookies to win on Saturday?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 2:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
It is no way a throw of the dice. There are way too many external factors that go into it. Anything with so many outcomes cannot be judged. Anything from the weather down to the referee can be accountable. It is in no way an intrinsic sport where there are no effects into the outcome of the result. Each decision has countless probabilities to it

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
mike_d
August 18, 2014, 2:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
And yet most of the people posting on here know exactly how to fix the problems at the club.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 2:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mike_d
And yet most of the people posting on here know exactly how to fix the problems at the club.

I don't think that's the case mate. I think everyone's had enough of being in this league and/or administration.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
mike_d
August 18, 2014, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
I'm going to repeat something I've said before - do we think we're a bigger club than Oxford?

How long did they take to come back up?

It really does come down to a bit of luck to change our fortunes, and then confidence grows. Of course, the old adage, the more I practise, the luckier I get may apply..

We're not happy with the situation, but we need to be more positive in our methods of trying to help.

Again, my opinion - it disagrees with others but that's part of lifes rich tapestry and all that.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
barralad
August 18, 2014, 3:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It is no way a throw of the dice. There are way too many external factors that go into it. Anything with so many outcomes cannot be judged. Anything from the weather down to the referee can be accountable. It is in no way an intrinsic sport where there are no effects into the outcome of the result. Each decision has countless probabilities to it

I might be doing you a grave disservice here but isn't that exactly what "a throw of the dice" is? Confused of Scartho....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Marinerz93
August 18, 2014, 3:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A couple of inches would have seen the two shots that hit the woodwork go in, and miss Mildenhalls flailing arm, and we are 3 wins from 3,

A couple of inches are you saying that a former striker whose song said he had the extra inches would have scored  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
GrimRob
August 18, 2014, 3:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Abdul19
If it was a roll of the dice why were we massive favourites with the bookies to win on Saturday?

We weren't massive favourites at all. I think we were around 1/2 which means we're only expected to win about two thirds of the time. It's like rolling a dice and needing to get 3,4,5 or 6. You're more likely to than not but it's worse odds than Russian Roulette!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 49
RonMariner
August 18, 2014, 4:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,672
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mike_d
I'm going to repeat something I've said before - do we think we're a bigger club than Oxford?

How long did they take to come back up?

It really does come down to a bit of luck to change our fortunes, and then confidence grows. Of course, the old adage, the more I practise, the luckier I get may apply..

We're not happy with the situation, but we need to be more positive in our methods of trying to help.

Again, my opinion - it disagrees with others but that's part of lifes rich tapestry and all that.

Yes, and it took Luton quite a while to escape too. Even then it was only due to a very lucrative cup run the previous season which enabled them to buy their way out. Credit to their manager for spending wisely though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
MuddyWaters
August 18, 2014, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mike_d

I don't give a sh1t about Oxford, Cambridge, Luton, Newport or any other team that's either in or been in the Bananarama Conference (it's even got a sh1t name). I care about Grimsby Town and its' future, that's why I'm fed up of the negativity of our current manager, his negative football, his one dimensional tactics and his ability to put square pegs in round holes.

I'm neither pro or anti Alan Buckley, but would he have bigged up Caine Winfarrah after Tuesday and then played a central midfielder in his place on Saturday? And then go one further and say in Monday's paper, 'I want another player to replace Aswad' undermining the lad's position further??
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of inches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.