Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 202 Guests

Marcus Marshall...

This thread currently has 25,518 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
June 30, 2015, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DocTower

Hurst has improved as a manager  , he believes he can get the best out of Marcus  I'm sure he will , he will now be playing  in and with a team who believes . Certainly different from last time he was here plus he is two years older two years wiser two years more experience . A couple of good games to prove these doubters wrong will do the trick .

Unfortunately something he failed to do with Cook and Nielson.

As for two years older and more experience that certainly wasn't the case with Jolley who was a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago.

Private Message
Reply: 150 - 165
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 30, 2015, 1:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I don't think Marshall comes in the "awkward" category of Thomas or Nielson or possibly Cook. Hurst doesn't tend to keep such players too long and that's maybe the reason for the current good team spirit, I don't know. It does tend to remove the flair element from the side but it seems to me that Hurst doesn't rate flair as much as he rates teamwork.  Marshall isn't a blind signing, he's a squad signing who will provide cover and might fit in better than he did last time. We wait and see.

Tait may fill a space at the back and then I'm still hoping for a good quality experienced striker to play with Bogle. That would be the clincher for a decent squad.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 165
BottesfordMariner
June 30, 2015, 2:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
i thought Marshall was decent in his last stint here even if not exactly great.Has good pace and a bit of skill. His problem is end product and lack of consistentcy. tbh flaws many players at this level have..

He provides another option.He may have improved his game since he left. Let's not slate him before he kicks a ball.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 165
DocTower
June 30, 2015, 3:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from arryarryarry

Unfortunately something he failed to do with Cook and Nielson.

As for two years older and more experience that certainly wasn't the case with Jolley who was a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago.

All depends  if your cup is half full or half empty , I want to be positive.  Jolley , to me never wanted to be here , the other two , there were plenty of reasons anyone could give as to why they left . These players have gone , Marshall you could say has something to prove , let's get behind him and support him . I for one don't bash the players even before they've  kicked a ball in anger .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 165
arryarryarry
June 30, 2015, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DocTower

All depends  if your cup is half full or half empty , I want to be positive.  Jolley , to me never wanted to be here , the other two , there were plenty of reasons anyone could give as to why they left . These players have gone , Marshall you could say has something to prove , let's get behind him and support him . I for one don't bash the players even before they've  kicked a ball in anger .

I'm not bashing the bloke just making comments based on what I thought of him when I saw him when he was here previously and also trying to add a different perspective of those who seem to suggest Paul Hurst will do this or that with a player when no one on here knows what Paul Hurst will do with a player.

This board is full of posters who make themselves look a bit of a prat with outlandish comments such as this player will tear full backs a new @rsehole, this year we will go up, and the best of all "Neil Woods will keep us up" when it never happens.

It is OK being positive but making statements that certain things will happen when no one really as a clue until the ref blows his whistle on the final game of the coming season could come back to haunt us.

It worries me that it could all end in tears (of sorrow not joy) if it all goes t!ts up.

Private Message
Reply: 154 - 165
Maringer
June 30, 2015, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
Has any manager got the best out of Nielson, ever?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 165
LH
June 30, 2015, 5:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
The one at Burger King has.  
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 165
DocTower
June 30, 2015, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from arryarryarry

This board is full of posters who make themselves look a bit of a prat with outlandish comments such as this player will tear full backs a new @rsehole, this year we will go up, and the best of all "Neil Woods will keep us up" when it never happens.

It is OK being positive but making statements that certain things will happen when no one really as a clue until the ref blows his whistle on the final game of the coming season could come back to haunt us.

It worries me that it could all end in tears (of sorrow not joy) if it all goes t!ts up.

Your right that some of the comments regarding other signings were overboard , we will be a strong side again this coming season , and we will be the scalp that  other teams will want .  Your right again , we won't know how good we until that first whistle , highs and lows are part and parcel of watching town . A lot rides on this season , could it all go mammaries up ? Like you , I hope not but will still be there watching , if it does go mammaries  up I'll bring the tissues .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 165
Abdul19
June 30, 2015, 5:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,561
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from LH
The one at Burger King has.  

Or Faces

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 165
MeanwoodMariner
June 30, 2015, 5:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's all part of the fun. Don't forget it works both ways. A few people said we wouldn't make the playoffs, crowds would dwindle, and famously LJL wouldn't get 20 goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 165
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.