Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 110 Guests

Marcus Marshall...

This thread currently has 25,512 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 29, 2015, 1:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Sorry but everyone is fine and dandy when we all praise Paul's signings but when some me included in this one have a say that they aren't overly happy with a signing all of a sudden their  opinion goes out the window.

This for me is a signing which is strange, Marcus had his day with us and i didn't think he was particularly good then apart from the odd bit of pace when he could be arsed..

He has done nothing at Morecambe and Lincoln but we take him on ?

He is the complete opposite of what we have been signing in the terms of quality and effort, he is from what I remember someone who played when it suited him.

A very strange signing from Paul and i can't see him getting Arnold or mackreth worried as them two will run all day for you something marcus never did for us .

the times when the team had Brodie and Rob Scott is the time you sign a Marcus  Marshall

Sorry guys and gals but this one gets a big fat thumbs down from me.

Have you thought that Paul might have signed him for cover at left back.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 165
Laddy89
June 29, 2015, 1:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Tommy

Yes Laddy, perfectly entitled to air your opinion on here. I'm not saying you shouldn't.

No problem with anyone not rating him really but IMO you've got issues if you hate a sportsman for no real reason.

Omg lol some people going all jeremy kyle... i obviously don't hate him, i was clearly meaning i just hate him as a player, just like i hate mustard, nothing against mustard, but i hate it. I don't rate him, but I trust PH and I'm excited with bogle, east and monkhouse.

I fully hope marshall proves me wrong and does great for us, and feel free to message me when he does, and i will admit I'm wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 165
immariner
June 29, 2015, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Satisfied with this one. He's not going to be first choice and gives us versatility. In his first loan spell a couple of years ago he was good and he ripped us a new one for Lincoln last year. He looked average in an average Lincoln team but it's probably not that easy to get motivated when you're playing for mid-table obscurity or lower mid-table obscurity. Lacks consistency but then so do the vast majority of Conference players. With our options he'll play if he deserves to, not like at Lincoln, because there was no better option. His late pace might come in handy off the bench. All-in-all, not ecstatic, but as Lew says, for a 4th choice Conference winger, he'll do. Probably cheap too so will leave more for a defender and a striker.

Edit: I also think this is a make or break year for Marcus. He can probably count himself quite lucky to have gotten a move to a club aiming for top spot. If he doesn't produce the goods and doesn't play many games he could easily be on the pro scrap heap next summer. A lot of motivation for him to do well. Let's hope he grasps the nettle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 165
arryarryarry
June 29, 2015, 1:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
The odd one on here has been dying for opportunity to say something negative. He provides good competition and can play on either wing so utility also. As someone else has said one more striker in before the Friendlies and a couple of trialists during them and I will be a very happy mariner. UTM

So another one on here who wants to stifle debate, what is so wrong in some saying they are pleased to see him sign when others are not, are we not all entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not.

Private Message
Reply: 83 - 165
diehardmariner
June 29, 2015, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 539
A few people have mentioned him covering left-back......did he do that at Lincoln?  
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 165
diehardmariner
June 29, 2015, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 539
Reaction from when he was initially recalled to Bury.

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1358762281/s-0/

Easy to forget how highly rated by many during that first loan spell.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 165
headingly_mariner
June 29, 2015, 2:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 120
I thought he had a really decent run of games when he first came to us. Has real pace and could be a really good asset, he is again a different option to what we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 165
mariner paul
June 29, 2015, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
Hmm not sure about this one to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 165
highcliff mariner
June 29, 2015, 3:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from mariner paul
Hmm not sure about this one to be honest

You Dont have to be ?
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 165
June 29, 2015, 3:04pm
Guest User
Anyone listened to what he has to say in his interview on Mariners World?
Reply: 89 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.