Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 290 Guests

Marcus Marshall...

This thread currently has 25,507 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
SamTheMariner
June 29, 2015, 1:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
He will add decent competition probably. No where near as good as Arnold on his day but a good signing nonetheless

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 165
Orange_Sauce
June 29, 2015, 1:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +30
When he was here on loan and went back to Bury, there was uproar, more perhaps about the situation rather than the player, but nevertheless, when we got him back, on his first game return away at Cambridge I remember a few chants of 'we've got our Marshall back', so must have made an impression in his first stint.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 165
Tommy
June 29, 2015, 1:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,867
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Laddy89

The funny thing is Tommy this is a forum,  a forum where fans have their say and state their own opinions. So when I say I hated him, thats because when he was here, he was awful, lazy and not 1 fan was bothered when he left.
So the fact that 99% of fans who have tweeted and posted on here are not happy with the signing, sort of says it all. I did not like him, just like I didn't like many other players we have had in the past, only difference is, we weren't stupid enough to sign them again!!

Yes we can all say he is a squad player and will be good back up, Id rather have someone else for that role, because he is not good enough to get us out of this league.

Obviously, just my opinion,  if that is allowed Sir.

Yes Laddy, perfectly entitled to air your opinion on here. I'm not saying you shouldn't.

I was just struggling to think of how anyone could "hate" a footballer who used to play for us, did quite well, most wanted him to stay and were drunk off when Luton tried to steal in and get him, and it didn't work out as successfully when he came back. You could use that same description for Ross Hannah (bar the Luton bit), but I don't remember anyone hating him.

I'm also remembering the signing of Clay last summer when everyone drunk themselves with negativity as they were convinced he was crap from watching a couple of friendlies. Nine months later he wins Young Player of the Year.

No problem with anyone not rating him really but IMO you've got issues if you hate a sportsman for no real reason.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 165
arryarryarry
June 29, 2015, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Disappointing signing for me from when he was here before, initially he looked good then seemed to think he could beat everybody when he didn't and defensively he was very poor. In one of his last games I sure he hopelessly lost the ball then just stood there fannying about making no effort to win the ball back and the opposition went straight up the other end and scored.

I haven't checked on the facts but wasn't he left out of the starting 11 before his loan expired, I know some seem to think he will be a back up, but so was Bignot and he hardly played so was really a waste of cash.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 165
grimsby pete
June 29, 2015, 1:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
What I remember about him is he was fast and had a bit of skill,

His final pass or shot was lacking apart from that cracker I saw him score at Ebbsfleet,

He has got a real goal scorer to pass to now so lets hope he can find him,

As somebody said we are not going to get 5 amazing signings,

Marcus will be a good squad player who will provide something when called upon.

I have doubted Paul Hurst in the past but no longer,

Paul has learnt by his mistakes and knows what he is doing,

Plus he knows what players he needs to do it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 165
Maringer
June 29, 2015, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
I must say, it's nice to see a bit of hysteria on here following what looks like a reasonable signing on paper.

Things have been so positive here over the past month or so that it just hasn't seemed like the real Fishy. This thread confirms that all is actually right with the world.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 165
1mickylyons
June 29, 2015, 1:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Probably puts me in a minority of one but im over the moon with this signing I really liked him last time around.A player with genuine pace and ability to beat the fullback and an end product more often than not like others have said did go missing in games but that's a trait with most wingers. Welcome back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 165
jonnyboy82
June 29, 2015, 1:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Sorry but everyone is fine and dandy when we all praise Paul's signings but when some me included in this one have a say that they aren't overly happy with a signing all of a sudden their  opinion goes out the window.

This for me is a signing which is strange, Marcus had his day with us and i didn't think he was particularly good then apart from the odd bit of pace when he could be arsed..

He has done nothing at Morecambe and Lincoln but we take him on ?

He is the complete opposite of what we have been signing in the terms of quality and effort, he is from what I remember someone who played when it suited him.

A very strange signing from Paul and i can't see him getting Arnold or mackreth worried as them two will run all day for you something marcus never did for us .

the times when the team had Brodie and Rob Scott is the time you sign a Marcus  Marshall

Sorry guys and gals but this one gets a big fat thumbs down from me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 165
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 29, 2015, 1:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I know we have to take rival fans comments with a pinch of salt but when they are so unanimous it can't all be completely dismissed. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does well, but the Lincoln fans opinions of him match up exactly with what most of us thought of him about 2 hours ago. Hope Hurst knows what he's doing with this one.

That's all true and I also have my doubts but - he has been playing in a poor side that was not necessarily playing to his strengths. Plus - the fact that people say he was maybe our best player against Newport 2 seasons ago says something about changes in the Town side since then as well. Not every signing is going to be hair on end stuff and knowing Hurst as we do we shouldn't be too surprised to see a bit of safety first, somebody for cover and maybe offer something different as a sub perhaps.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 165
Jarmo.Is.God
June 29, 2015, 1:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from jonnyboy82

He has done nothing at Morecambe and Lincoln but we take him on ?

He played around 15 games in league 2 for Morecambe ?
played over 30 games for Lincoln, so almost every game while he was there, including scoring when they beat us...

so not 100% sure how he did nothing ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.