Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Wimps.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 161 Guests

The Wimps.

This thread currently has 12,795 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
July 28, 2015, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from sydney
I agree with article
We should ignore them and just take the six points
It's their big game and we shouldn't be sucked into it
Come on Town!!

And yours to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
GYinScuntland
July 30, 2015, 12:13am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Bill and Ben are just walking away from Blundell Park after a boring 8-0 drubbing of Lincoln when a mob of 50 Imp wanabees start chasing them down Hart Street giving it the big 'un.
The poor lads are shitting theirselves as they run into Sydney park and  knock their mate Mick off his feet in their hurried attempt at escape.
They turn and look in terror at the approaching firm but the leading Gimp screeches to a halt, holds his arms out to stop the rampaging mob behind him and says.
"balderdash, there's three of them, leg it lads, it's a flipping ambush!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
highcliff mariner
July 30, 2015, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Helgy

And yours to

Apart from size of crowd , I don't see the Lincoln games been" big" games in our season .
Utm
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
RoboCod
July 30, 2015, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I see you've gone all'Lincoln Echo' Helgy...what to put on the front page of our big crowdfunder..hmm.....I know...a video of us scoring against Grimsby! What else is there!

Keep it up, an assistant job alongside John Pakey awaits.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
Marinerz93
July 30, 2015, 4:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Bill and Ben are just walking away from Blundell Park after a boring 8-0 drubbing of Lincoln when a mob of 50 Imp wanabees start chasing them down Hart Street giving it the big 'un.
The poor lads are shitting theirselves as they run into Sydney park and  knock their mate Mick off his feet in their hurried attempt at escape.
They turn and look in terror at the approaching firm but the leading Gimp screeches to a halt, holds his arms out to stop the rampaging mob behind him and says.
"balderdash, there's three of them, leg it lads, it's a flipping ambush!"

We should be careful not to upset the Gimps or they will all go blubbering to the Police like they did when Elding thrust his hips at them MJ style.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
friskneymariner
July 30, 2015, 4:53pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Ive got a friend who is a L.C.F.C. supporter who walking away from a match one day found a season ticket on the floor.
After some thought about what to do he decided to nailed it to the gate.

Next match when he looked someone had stolen the nail.  

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Helgy
July 30, 2015, 6:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from RoboCod
I see you've gone all'Lincoln Echo' Helgy...what to put on the front page of our big crowdfunder..hmm.....I know...a video of us scoring against Grimsby! What else is there!

Keep it up, an assistant job alongside John Pakey awaits.

I had both his beautiful strikes on to be fair.

You get the Echo in Grimsby?

I'll ask Sam Morris about that when I play football with him tomorrow lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
diehardmariner
July 31, 2015, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
With regards Lincoln.  I couldn't give a crap about them in all honesty.

The way they mocked us when we were relegated stuck in the throat for a bit but I got over it.  They see us as their big rival so it's only natural they would take a rare opportunity to lord it over us.  I struggled to hide a wry smile 12 months later when they choked in front of their own fans to avoid the dreaded drop themselves.

The last few seasons the two derby games have been a bit of extra spice to the season and of course it's always nice to get one over on your local rivals.  In all honesty though I've never seen Lincoln as a local rival, more of a little brother you ruffle the hair of and wish the best.  Someone who we sent our cast-off players too and hoped they had more success further down the road than they had here.    Barnsley and the Sheffield clubs are who I always saw as our rivals.  Lincoln, Scunny, Donny and even Hull were usually at least a league below us.  The only chance to play them was in cup competitions or pre-season.  Yes times have changed but it's still hard to view Lincoln as an actual rival, just because they're geographically close to us.    Even when we were in League Two together and in play-off battles, I saw Wycombe as more of a rival side.  Rivalries go deeper than just miles between the clubs.

It was brilliant to have that little bit of a thing over Lincoln in recent years where they kept collapsing at Sincil Bank and it was a bit of a disappointment for them to do the double over us last season.   That said I'll happily take two 5-0 defeats in both games if it means we're crowned Champions.

This season is about one thing - finishing first.  At this moment in time I want us to beat Lincoln as much as I want us to beat Welling, Boreham Wood, Gateshead, everyone.  
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
RoboCod
July 31, 2015, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I doubt the Echo is sold in Grimsby, but then I live in Lincoln, which is why I'm so clued up on the spiteful nature of the clubs fans. Must add it's not all of them, the older generation have a sensible, even knowledgeable outlook on the rivalry, and football in general.
Nothing against you Helgy, you do your best to keep things balanced, but there are those on Rivals who have insisted that IF Lincoln had ever got to the higher divisions they'd be bigger than GTFC, and WHEN they do this, IF they ever do that....so many years of excuses for everything, a set of fans who dare not face up to anything. If they do get get banned from Rivals.

Diehard mentioned the stick/abuse we got when Lincoln fans flooded this and every other GTFC forum to mock, a year later you followed us down yet closed your forum to new posters for a few days. FFS, take these things on the chin, you may become better and stronger for it.

We could take the two respective crowdfunders as a decent yardstick. Over £100,000 to your  £18,000 is a pretty comprehensive answer, though I'm sure there are some prize winning excuses as to the difference in totals.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 31, 2015, 11:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Agree with Robo that most of my generation, older guys, rivalry is friendly banter & they are not upset by a town victory unless it is against them. Quite funny last night as I was in the Strugglers and Chairman Bob Dorrian was in with two Lincoln fans fawning all over him.

Early reports on their style of play in friiendlies is that the norm prevails and big men with a big boot.

Sadly will miss game here as I will be on holiday, a number of locals are dreading us getting off to a flyer as they fear the number of fans that will turn up for a Saturday afternoon fixture on a hot August day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Wimps.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.