Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Wimps.
Users Browsing Forum
Ade mac and 127 Guests

The Wimps.

This thread currently has 12,797 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Helgy
July 31, 2015, 1:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from RoboCod
I doubt the Echo is sold in Grimsby, but then I live in Lincoln, which is why I'm so clued up on the spiteful nature of the clubs fans. Must add it's not all of them, the older generation have a sensible, even knowledgeable outlook on the rivalry, and football in general.
Nothing against you Helgy, you do your best to keep things balanced, but there are those on Rivals who have insisted that IF Lincoln had ever got to the higher divisions they'd be bigger than GTFC, and WHEN they do this, IF they ever do that....so many years of excuses for everything, a set of fans who dare not face up to anything. If they do get get banned from Rivals.

Diehard mentioned the stick/abuse we got when Lincoln fans flooded this and every other GTFC forum to mock, a year later you followed us down yet closed your forum to new posters for a few days. FFS, take these things on the chin, you may become better and stronger for it.

We could take the two respective crowdfunders as a decent yardstick. Over £100,000 to your  £18,000 is a pretty comprehensive answer, though I'm sure there are some prize winning excuses as to the difference in totals.

I get what you mean. Not sure about how many fans think we would be bigger not something a lot of fans think about really.

We do have a toxic element that tries its best to unsettle things, had one person quit vital because it was too positive.

Not sure about comparing the two in total we have raised £187,000 since April, those that gave to the shares & bonds were never likely to donate to the crowd funder because of the large donations they had already given. I knew that from the off so anything the crowd funder raised was a bonus really and we got a player out of it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 62
RoboCod
July 31, 2015, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Fair enough but I guarantee that any bonds and share issue would just be swallowed up by Grimsby fans and more money added. It just would.
The crowdfunding has given the Town faithful a real appetite for not just raising money but creating a buzz about the place, getting them in the news and sticking two fingers up to the SKINT mob.

We need to take this chance and bring this club back from the almost-dead. It's all there in place, just waiting, and now for once the fans feel like they are actually behind it and that's why such a staggering amount was raised.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 62
friskneymariner
July 31, 2015, 3:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Having worked in the city of the damned for 20 years believe there is a lot of banter most of it aimed at me,nothing unhealthy about that.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Wimps.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.