Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 144 Guests

Continued ticket madness?

This thread currently has 10,377 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
July 30, 2015, 10:22am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The Mrs called the ticket office today and got our Kiddy tickets over the phone by quoting our season ticket number, she asked if they could post them out as we live out of Town (we would have paid BTW) and she was told that "we don't post tickets out"????  

Very strange. I managed to order a ticket for the Kidderminster game online earlier this week and selected the 'Special Delivery' option as it was listed on the website as costing 50p. The following day I received an e-mail telling me my ticket was ready for collection from the club shop. I replied to explain that I'd asked for the ticket to be posted to me, and then assuming that I'd already paid 50p for delivery (on top of the 50p per ticket charge they already impose on each online order) i suggested they could simply send the ticket to me second class to save on postage. I got a reply back saying that they would post the ticket to me, however there would be an additional charge of £6.75 (!) for 'Special Delivery'. I wasn't given a chance to question that postage charge or to select a cheaper postage method, so it's now cost me a total of £24.75 to buy a ticket that should have cost £17 because they don't have the postage costs on their online store set up properly!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
mariner83
July 30, 2015, 10:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
They've always been fine with me in the past too, I suppose it depends on who you deal with and what mood they're in though.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
immariner
July 30, 2015, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
I phoned the club shop this morning to get a ticket for the Kiddie game (anyone got a spare seat btw?) and was quoted £6.75. Also find it strange they don't post out season tickets but nevermind, no biggie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
grimsby pete
July 30, 2015, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I only ring the ticket office a few times in a season,

I have always found them to be helpful and friendly,

Apart from once, the young lady must have been having a bad day.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
DocTower
July 30, 2015, 11:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Always found the girls brilliant when I go . The problems I see is when a customer  doesn't know where he or she wants to be , half way up in the middle , next to my friend,  not knowing the stand etc . Very frustrating for all , not the girls fault.  For the few who complain there are far more that are very satisfied .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
BIGChris
July 30, 2015, 11:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DocTower
  For the few who complain there are far more that are very satisfied .

True, but thats the nature of any customer facing organisation. You should strive to continuously improve so more and more are happy with the service

Maybe it would be better for those with gripes to formally address them directly with the club, maybe to the chief exec & copying in the trust?

I would add that the new 'open plan' lay out is much more customer friendly
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
moosey_club
July 30, 2015, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226

Complaints of any nature should be seen as a golden nugget for they are opportunities for your company to improve, satisfy more customers, improve the experience of your customers and hopefully increase spend or encourage repeat business. Basic customer service.

From the customers viewpoint, if you dont complain officially then the organisation cannot improve as it isnt aware there is something wrong, Brits as a rule are great at grumbling but not great at officially complaining, an official complaint may resolve your issue quickly, prevent it happening to anyone else and even see you get an official apology or other reward to show you are a valued customer.

Everyones a winner.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
Plankton
July 30, 2015, 2:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Football customer service is fairly unique beast as the 'customers', ie the fans are usually a loyal bunch and will consistently return as going to another club isn't an option, it's not like going to a restaurant and choosing another one after a bad experience. How we grow is through positive vibes, easy-as-possible ticket purchasing/collecting and people generally being as helpful as they can be. A season ticket holder wanting a couple of tickets for Kidderminster away should be seen as a brilliant thing as they're buying TWO tickets for another person who might not be a season ticket holder, which is a potential future market. We need clear communication, actually allow people to spend their money and maybe a bit of good-will for the diehards.

...Common sense and a smile, let's get on it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
Caesar
July 30, 2015, 2:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Have always found the ticket office to be very good to be fair. Reading these threads was panicking a little but have found them to be great again as I got my tickets for Kiddy sorted. Only problem I had was a bad phoneline which as I was on a train I don't think I can blame the ticket office for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Jaws
July 30, 2015, 3:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I think they sometimes forget it's us that keep them in a job.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.