Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Continued ticket madness?

This thread currently has 10,375 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
July 31, 2015, 9:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
The small blonde woman, who i believe is the manager, is the one with the attitude.

Rude, and never wants to help.

i got my kidderminster tickets from a young lad, with dark hair, and he was spot on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
Biccys
July 31, 2015, 9:48am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from gary_elton
I honestly can't understand why some people seem to get BAD service ALL the time... I just get polite
conversation and good service whatever.... maybe it's because I've been overseas, and in places like Egypt , Cyprus,  and Turkey customer service and efficiency simply does not exist... being in the UK is a Godsend sometimes.....

That's true but you've also been to America where customer service is EVERYTHING to a business.We're somewhere inbetween the 2 extremes as usual!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 52
BIGChris
July 31, 2015, 10:00am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Biccys

That's true but you've also been to America where customer service is EVERYTHING to a business.We're somewhere inbetween the 2 extremes as usual!

Except in New York!!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
UTMariners
July 31, 2015, 11:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Just seen this thread and have to say I have also had a few issues, particularly in relation to Wembley earlier this year and the £10 wembley tickets offer.  I rang up on a match day in March to order 4, and the woman's first response was curt saying 'you do know its a match day don't you, can you ring back Monday', which actually was difficult seeing I was in work, but I did so, and when I rang back the guy I spoke to said the club had a policy that they weren't posting out these vouchers.  I told him I was in Manchester and it seemed unfair, but he advised me the offer was the same for all clubs in the league, and so to get some from Altrincham.  So I purchased 4 from Altrincham from a woman there who really didnt know what she was doing, only to find out on swapping them for tickets when we reached Wembley, that I wouldnt be able to sit in the town end, but with neutrals! I ended up have to liaise back and forth for weeks with the Conference until they eventually reluctantly swapped the tickets for us to sit with the town fans, but it really peed me off that i had given £40 to Altrincham instead of town, and had the whole stress of getting new tickets about a week before the game, all because town wouldnt post to an exile.

I think one of the major problems for me is it seems that the club don't seem to appreciate just how many fans live away from Grimsby, and don't allow for this enough or take this into consideration.  I realise that going to away matches doesnt help town financially, but by going to the likes of Macc, Wrexham, Altricham etc etc which i do without fail, the support does help the team, and so I think any proof of going to these games should count for something at least, maybe priority behind trust members when getting tickets.

When ringing to get my Kiddie tickets yesterday I found the lady really abrupt and like i was an inconvenience. I wanted to ask how the sales had been going for the game but didnt dare in the end..!
Sorry to rant!

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
Squinter
July 31, 2015, 12:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
On the flip side of things, I lost my wallet in the lower Findus last season.  I went back to look for it after the game but couldn't find it.  I then popped into the ticket office to see if it had been handed in.  My wallet hadn't been handed in, but the ticket office was very helpful and took all my details down.  An hour after I got home, the office rang me to say my wallet had been found, they even arranged for Dave Smith to drop it into me on his way home.   Big credit to GTFC, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Paris Mariner
July 31, 2015, 6:22pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
A shame to see a few people on here think that the service in the ticket office can be poor. Personally, I have never had a problem with the service. I live abroad and on a couple of occasions when I've come back for some of the bigger games such, as Lincoln, where good seats are at a premium, they have always gone above and beyond to help as much as they can. I generally don't have any complaints on that front.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 52
Grantley
July 31, 2015, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Remember when I went to buy tickets for the Lincoln Boxing Day game two seasons ago. The day before, it said on the OS that there were around 100 tickets left. About 10th in the queue, club shop opens, women comes out and says 'if you're here about Lincoln tickets, then they sold out yesterday afternoon'. Not even an apology for poor communication, it was very abrupt and frustrating. It also strikes to me that the ticket office staff are lifeless and serve you without any vigour whatsoever and find my mood has dropped once I leave the ticket office. Strange.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Richard
July 31, 2015, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
i contacted the ticket office today
the girl was very helpful
got tickets ,got shark
bring it on  

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Mariners_15
July 31, 2015, 8:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Agreed with what has been said on here, whenever I go in there, there's a strange atmosphere and as another poster said the blonde haired woman always tends to be the worst, very rude! Did go in the club shop a few weeks back though and got served by a young ish lad who was very polite and willing to have a bit of a chat about signings etc, made a change!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Green27
July 31, 2015, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Oh god who opened this can? There are worms everywhere!

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.