Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Continued ticket madness?

This thread currently has 10,376 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
July 30, 2015, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Two of my off spring work in retail,  if there is a problem they do ask the complaining customer to write to head office actually giving them e mail and address . However very very few ever do as they would rather gripe to a friend,  basically they can't be bothered . They've had a moan to my daughters who handle  the situation far better than the customer , the old adage of the customer is always right doesn't always hold up when all the facts are seen .

Procedures could improve but until the powers that be know what the problem is how can it happen .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
rancido
July 30, 2015, 4:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from BIGChris

True, but thats the nature of any customer facing organisation. You should strive to continuously improve so more and more are happy with the service

Maybe it would be better for those with gripes to formally address them directly with the club, maybe to the chief exec & copying in the trust?

I would add that the new 'open plan' lay out is much more customer friendly

Surely there are enough Trust members on here to formally mention this at on of their meetings? The Trust reps on the Board should follow this up through the GTFC Office manager.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
lowerfindus
July 30, 2015, 4:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
I dislike going to buy tickets, the attitude of a number of staff is very poor. It often feels like you are disrupting their day!

Asking for 5 adult tickets, not necessarily all together, as close as possible to the back row, seat # is not an unreasonable request for a ticket office.

However you would think I had just spat in their tea.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
poomehellt
July 30, 2015, 6:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Generally speaking, my experiances of the ticket are good. The way of life means it's the odd bad/disappointing experience that sticks in my head.

For example, season just gone, Sat home league match, went into ticket office about 2ish to purchase a ticket for the following week's Sat home FA Trophy match. "They're not on sale yet!" came the abrupt reply. 2/3mins later I was in the ground talking to a mate who had just purchased his ticket for the Trophy match from the office 5-10 mins previously before I did....

Went into the office last month to renew my season ticket. Each season I call in person to renew it, I feel more comfortable doing it in person rather than over phone/post. Got through the process, it was entered into computer, written down in the book, paid. Final thing at end of the process was, oh yes, season ticket book aren't here, so you'll have to come back on Monday to pick it up. Felt like I'd just spent £280 or whatever it was and then afterwards told I wasn't going to receive what I was expecting. Was slightly miffed, but thought too myself, oh well, another trip to make, it will sort itself out. Went back in on the Monday, asked if the books where here to a different member of staff than the 1st time, and back came the very gruff and "No, you WHERE told it was NEXT Monday" "She told me this Monday, not that I mind coming back nex....." "No you where definatey told next NEXT Monday" as she walked away from me finishing her sentence from a third of the office away. I left the office feeling angry wanting to say stuff your ticket then. I didn't, knowing I need tickets to see the team I love.

But I'm English, and the English don't like complaining in person. I definatley don't like complaining in person. That's why I'm on here as a keyboard warrior slagging them off anonymously rather than face to face! And the fact I know its Grimsby Town's ticket office, which I know blunders from time to time . I put up with the odd bad moment, its not like having bad service in Tesco so choosing to go to Asda instead. Its Grimsby Town FC, I have to use that office. I know I should really complain so hopefully it doesn't happen again, but I don't I just don't think if I did anything would change.

(Sorry about the rant, I'm braver doing it anonymously and made myself feel a bit happier now I've got it off my chest!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
jock dock tower
July 30, 2015, 6:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
As somebody who uses the Post Office a lot - or what's left of it nowadays - the whole thing at Grimsby with the Special Delivery service is basically laziness and ignorance.

Paying for Special Delivery for anything less than £30 is an illogical procedure as you get exactly the same cover from the P.O. with proof of postage. If there's lots of tickets to be sent out then forms for bulk delivery can be downloaded off the P.O. website and filled in prior to even going there. All the counter clerk does is check the addresses on it against the envelopes and stamps it. Job Done. Cheap, quicker than arranging Special Delivery for each one, and it saves fans money and customer relations are that much better.

Do please pass that on to Steve as well.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
HertsGTFC
July 30, 2015, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,948
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Caesar
Have always found the ticket office to be very good to be fair. Reading these threads was panicking a little but have found them to be great again as I got my tickets for Kiddy sorted. Only problem I had was a bad phoneline which as I was on a train I don't think I can blame the ticket office for.

Not panicking just really p1ssed off with years of crap service, stupid rules and being spoken to like I was a 7 year old.........The lad who sold the programmes on the corner of Blundell Av last year was much more polite in all weathers..........!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
arryarryarry
July 30, 2015, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jock dock tower
As somebody who uses the Post Office a lot - or what's left of it nowadays - the whole thing at Grimsby with the Special Delivery service is basically laziness and ignorance.

Paying for Special Delivery for anything less than £30 is an illogical procedure as you get exactly the same cover from the P.O. with proof of postage. If there's lots of tickets to be sent out then forms for bulk delivery can be downloaded off the P.O. website and filled in prior to even going there. All the counter clerk does is check the addresses on it against the envelopes and stamps it. Job Done. Cheap, quicker than arranging Special Delivery for each one, and it saves fans money and customer relations are that much better.

Do please pass that on to Steve as well.

That's not quite correct, what you are really paying for is guaranteed next working day delivery.  We use it even when there is no actual value to what is being posted just to ensure it is delivered the following day.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
LongEatonMariner
July 31, 2015, 6:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Everyone with a gripe is telling the wrong people! Email the club and something may be done pleeeeeease!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
gary_elton
July 31, 2015, 7:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I honestly can't understand why some people seem to get BAD service ALL the time... I just get polite
conversation and good service whatever.... maybe it's because I've been overseas, and in places like Egypt , Cyprus,  and Turkey customer service and efficiency simply does not exist... being in the UK is a Godsend sometimes.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
DocTower
July 31, 2015, 7:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from gary_elton
I honestly can't understand why some people seem to get BAD service ALL the time... I just get polite
conversation and good service whatever.... maybe it's because I've been overseas, and in places like Egypt , Cyprus,  and Turkey customer service and efficiency simply does not exist... being in the UK is a Godsend sometimes.....

Spot on Gary . Echo what you say .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.