5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
DocTower
October 4, 2015, 3:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner91

My position exactly. The team that worries me most is Cheltenham.

Yes me too , quietly adapted to this division.  Thought they might struggle  but it hasn't happened , yet !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
DocTower
October 4, 2015, 3:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Having just arrived home from my weekend away at a family gathering, i didn't see or hear a commentary of the game, so not much input to add other than again, on the face of it, a draw against the leagues leading side isn't a disaster, as the draw at Wrexham wasn't. The big picture though is that we are again drawing way too many games and struggling to beat sides at BP. So for me, nothing much has changed from last season, other than we now have a better selection of strikers to choose from. The fact that Hurst decides not to use them despite us having failed to turn 50% of our games from draws to wins, is really baffling. 7 games unbeaten doesn't really tell the whole story. Would rather we lost a few if we won a few with more points gained.

The upside is that the league is settling down now and some of the early front runners are having dodgy spells. FGR, Wrexham and Eastleigh have all gone off the boil in recent weeks, while others are having a bit of a purple patch. We will have our own winning run at some point and we are not too far off the top to close the gap quite quickly.

So far this season, underwhelmed but not despairing just yet.

I must say Ginny  I'm on the same wave length as yourself on this one . The main threats are the ones we knew FGR  Wrexham Cheltenham Eastleigh,  plus the surprise  name.   We will be there at the end but it's the disappointing way we are getting there .Tuesday night against the mighty gateshead will , for some be make or break .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
grimsby pete
October 4, 2015, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DocTower

Yes me too , quietly adapted to this division.  Thought they might struggle  but it hasn't happened , yet !

That's because they have an experienced manager who knows what he is doing,

Just when I think Hurst has learnt not to do certain things( like drop his goalscorers )

He does it again.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
Grantley
October 4, 2015, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,503
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from DocTower

I must say Ginny  I'm on the same wave length as yourself on this one . The main threats are the ones we knew FGR  Wrexham Cheltenham Eastleigh,  plus the surprise  name.   We will be there at the end but it's the disappointing way we are getting there .Tuesday night against the mighty gateshead will , for some be make or break .

Eastleigh? They're 11th. I'm disappointed we only have 22 points but I am not worried at this stage. There is no way the current table will look like the one come the end of the season. I mean, Braintree and Dover are 5th and 6th, really?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
Maringer
October 4, 2015, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,569
Gold Stars: 185
Pretty incredible that Bromley have a striker averaging almost a goal a game at the moment as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
ackomariner
October 4, 2015, 5:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grantley

Eastleigh? They're 11th. I'm disappointed we only have 22 points but I am not worried at this stage. There is no way the current table will look like the one come the end of the season. I mean, Braintree and Dover are 5th and 6th, really?

Table doesn't lie....so they're there on merit

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
DocTower
October 4, 2015, 7:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Grantley

Eastleigh have money and will be able to do what FGR  are doing  , as for Braintree and Dover . You always get the surprise package , the team that has a good run , the rub of the green playing the opposition at the right time and above all luck . Cream always rises to the top , Parkin was full fat and he scored a good goal  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
DocTower
October 4, 2015, 7:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

That's because they have an experienced manager who knows what he is doing,

Just when I think Hurst has learnt not to do certain things( like drop his goalscorers )

He does it again.

Hello Pete , I always try to be constructive when I post but I can see where your coming from .  As frustrating as it is its not the first or last time that the fans will be left scratch their heads .  We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if I were being dropped for no apparent  reason I would be looking to play elsewhere.  That is my fear for the players we have .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
grimsby pete
October 5, 2015, 7:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DocTower

Hello Pete , I always try to be constructive when I post but I can see where your coming from .  As frustrating as it is its not the first or last time that the fans will be left scratch their heads .  We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if I were being dropped for no apparent  reason I would be looking to play elsewhere.  That is my fear for the players we have .

Well he has made mistakes in the past and learnt from them,

Lets hope he has learnt this time,

When you have got 2 of the top scorers in the division you might rest one of them now and again,

BUT

You do not drop both of them. imho

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.