ackomariner
October 10, 2015, 8:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grantley
Arnold bad, Bogle worse. Thought Gowling going off was a blessing in disguise as he was getting run ragged by Akinola. Braintree were good going forward but clueless in front of goal. Tomlinson again worked hard; Bogle really should have scored the chance he squared for him. Glad Tait came on and I would stick with that defence from now on; Marshall deserves a run in the team.
Overall first half bad. Second half slightly better. Draw a fair result. Poor organisation from Braintree as only two turnstiles open and we only got in at about 10 past. What was the toilet issue that the directors were trying to sort out at half time, for anyone that was there?

Only two turnstiles open.......there's only been one open to get in the pontoon stand the last two home games

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
MarinerRob
October 10, 2015, 8:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
First half was pretty dismal. Second half was better especially when they tried passing the ball. Very impressed with Tait and East. I can't say I saw Tomlinson do very much. Bogle off the pace, but he has not been playing. Worrying that we are not scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
essexexile
October 10, 2015, 9:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Went today and from what I could see Town played 4 5 1 and Tomlinson across the middle worked hard but gave Bogle nothing
Bogle is not the finished article by any means and needs more to play off and get more involved which I think Podge gives him
It's a well known fact that longer grass slows the ball down and makes the pitch 'heavier' which is probably why we picked up the injuries and were made to look ordinary and probably why Nathan never figured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 10, 2015, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Noticing the comments about Bogle, his confidence must be about zero now. He came with a pedigree and looked good doing what he's used to doing, knocking in goals and running defenders. If Amond is in on Tuesday he is hardly likely to tear up trees either after sitting on the bench.

I can understand why Hurst wants his strikers to behave like front line defenders but he has a habit of knocking the goals out of them and having to rely on scraps from his favourites who do as they are told. His management of Nathan Arnold last week was good but personally I think his management of Bogle and Amond is poor and not in the best interests of the team. If he's not careful neither of them will be any use to us at all and we'll have two Ross Hannahs instead of the one we had last year.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Just got back to Skeg ,not heard any reports or heard Hurst comments,but if he tries to justify that display ,he lives on another planet.
That was the worst game of football I have ever witnessed (and I was at Hartlepool that Friday night).

I have not until now belonged to the Hurst out camp but I am leaning that way.We lacked any creativity,the best that can be said about the defense is that it was adequate.The mid field was unable to string passes together.As for the strikers it was as if they were playing together for for the first time.Arnold showed individual pieces of skilful play .

Please can anybody tell me what Monkhouse contributes to the team,as soon as he is passed the ball,he passes back to player who has just passed it to him.
As for Tomblinson he was constantly falling over.
I was very optimistic at the start of the season but let nobody be under any allusion on today's performance we will be lucky to reach the play offs.

The phrase pointless possession comes to mind,the only excusing factor was state of the pitch which must have contributed to the injuries.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
ackomariner
October 10, 2015, 9:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Well tbh I don't know what's going on at the club, but something's not right. All I do know is, there's a lot of fans very unhappy on here, Facebook, or any other forum you wish to look at with regards town, Hurst and the striker situation.

I'm not saying anything is wrong, but just got a feeling that somethings a miss somewhere

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 9:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I get the same kind of feeling of the season couple of years ago.

Definitley not the same feel good as end of last season , better squad but being handled completely wrong.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
To make matters worse just seen Lincoln's result.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2015, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from essexexile
Went today and from what I could see Town played 4 5 1 and Tomlinson across the middle worked hard but gave Bogle nothing
Bogle is not the finished article by any means and needs more to play off and get more involved which I think Podge gives him
It's a well known fact that longer grass slows the ball down and makes the pitch 'heavier' which is probably why we picked up the injuries and were made to look ordinary and probably why Nathan never figured

I agree with this and I could not understand why the grass was so long especially down the flanks, maybe they don't trust their full back so need to slow it down a but, who know? Odd though as it looked like they liked to play with the ball down.

Omar is definitely a player who can lead the line and he has appeared to look more of a threat when he plays with Podge as Podge pulls defenders around and allows Bogle to find some space today their defenders kept close to him and neutralised him. At times it looked like it was back to the punt it up to LJL days today I'm afraid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
chaos33
October 10, 2015, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Noticing the comments about Bogle, his confidence must be about zero now. He came with a pedigree and looked good doing what he's used to doing, knocking in goals and running defenders. If Amond is in on Tuesday he is hardly likely to tear up trees either after sitting on the bench.

I can understand why Hurst wants his strikers to behave like front line defenders but he has a habit of knocking the goals out of them and having to rely on scraps from his favourites who do as they are told. His management of Nathan Arnold last week was good but personally I think his management of Bogle and Amond is poor and not in the best interests of the team. If he's not careful neither of them will be any use to us at all and we'll have two Ross Hannahs instead of the one we had last year.

. This.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.