grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Not very exciting two average sides,

Shows our strength in depth though when Tait and Toto came on for the injured Gowling and Robbo,

Bogle hit the bar late on but did little else,

Macca did a couple of good saves,

No cutting edge in either side,

So nothing much else to say

Roll on Halifax I hope Amond gets a chance to play.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2015, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Clueless not just in the final third but in their half in general.

How long we PH keep picking Monkhouse out wide when he had 2 wingers on the bench who could threaten and have a bit of pace. Omar confirmed what we all know in that he has a lot to learn. Podge needs to start the next game as he has the intelligence we need.

Bit worried that Gregor, Josh and at the end Marshall all picked up knocks but Tait givers us more of an attacking threat and Toto did well when he came on.

Overall despite hitting the bar near the end we did not really test their keeper and they brought one decent save out of Macca so all in all a draw was a fair result.

Still think we have the talent in the squad but not much idea on how to use it.

Looks like Scott brown will not be back for a while as he looks like he's been on the Rhead diet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
MawsleyMariner
October 10, 2015, 6:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +47
Just home, agree with you Pete it was distinctly average all round except Diz who looked solid as always.

Those over the top balls for Bogle to not chase were especially tiresome....

Only highlight was Fenty in the men's toilet trying to find out who had sprayed the floor with water like a school headmaster.

Roll on Halifax.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 6:54pm

Exile
578 mariners there,

Another good turn out.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
Fan
October 10, 2015, 7:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -271
Why does Monkhouse never get subbed ?
Did not bother today, listened to the radio instead, comontator commented on Monkhouse being poor and thought Marshall would replace him, but no Arnold can we please get back to having two wingers with pace playing on the wings, it was a strength last year, Monkhouse offers nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2015, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fan
Did not bother today, listened to the radio instead, comontator commented on Monkhouse being poor and thought Marshall would replace him, but no Arnold can we please get back to having two wingers with pace playing on the wings, it was a strength last year, Monkhouse offers nothing.

He used to play for Rotherham if you know what I mean........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
Belfast Town
October 10, 2015, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,691
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MawsleyMariner
Just home, agree with you Pete it was distinctly average all round except Diz who looked solid as always.

Those over the top balls for Bogle to not chase were especially tiresome....

Only highlight was Fenty in the men's toilet trying to find out who had sprayed the floor with water like a school headmaster.

Roll on Halifax.

Thought Dizza was by far the best Town player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 10, 2015, 7:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Fan

a) he's the only one who can get a head on one those whacked out clearances.
b) he's the manager's mate.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
Grantley
October 10, 2015, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Arnold bad, Bogle worse. Thought Gowling going off was a blessing in disguise as he was getting run ragged by Akinola. Braintree were good going forward but clueless in front of goal. Tomlinson again worked hard; Bogle really should have scored the chance he squared for him. Glad Tait came on and I would stick with that defence from now on; Marshall deserves a run in the team.
Overall first half bad. Second half slightly better. Draw a fair result. Poor organisation from Braintree as only two turnstiles open and we only got in at about 10 past. What was the toilet issue that the directors were trying to sort out at half time, for anyone that was there?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 8:13pm

Exile
The floor was a bit wet  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
ackomariner
October 10, 2015, 8:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grantley
Arnold bad, Bogle worse. Thought Gowling going off was a blessing in disguise as he was getting run ragged by Akinola. Braintree were good going forward but clueless in front of goal. Tomlinson again worked hard; Bogle really should have scored the chance he squared for him. Glad Tait came on and I would stick with that defence from now on; Marshall deserves a run in the team.
Overall first half bad. Second half slightly better. Draw a fair result. Poor organisation from Braintree as only two turnstiles open and we only got in at about 10 past. What was the toilet issue that the directors were trying to sort out at half time, for anyone that was there?

Only two turnstiles open.......there's only been one open to get in the pontoon stand the last two home games

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
MarinerRob
October 10, 2015, 8:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
First half was pretty dismal. Second half was better especially when they tried passing the ball. Very impressed with Tait and East. I can't say I saw Tomlinson do very much. Bogle off the pace, but he has not been playing. Worrying that we are not scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
essexexile
October 10, 2015, 9:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Went today and from what I could see Town played 4 5 1 and Tomlinson across the middle worked hard but gave Bogle nothing
Bogle is not the finished article by any means and needs more to play off and get more involved which I think Podge gives him
It's a well known fact that longer grass slows the ball down and makes the pitch 'heavier' which is probably why we picked up the injuries and were made to look ordinary and probably why Nathan never figured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 10, 2015, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Noticing the comments about Bogle, his confidence must be about zero now. He came with a pedigree and looked good doing what he's used to doing, knocking in goals and running defenders. If Amond is in on Tuesday he is hardly likely to tear up trees either after sitting on the bench.

I can understand why Hurst wants his strikers to behave like front line defenders but he has a habit of knocking the goals out of them and having to rely on scraps from his favourites who do as they are told. His management of Nathan Arnold last week was good but personally I think his management of Bogle and Amond is poor and not in the best interests of the team. If he's not careful neither of them will be any use to us at all and we'll have two Ross Hannahs instead of the one we had last year.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Just got back to Skeg ,not heard any reports or heard Hurst comments,but if he tries to justify that display ,he lives on another planet.
That was the worst game of football I have ever witnessed (and I was at Hartlepool that Friday night).

I have not until now belonged to the Hurst out camp but I am leaning that way.We lacked any creativity,the best that can be said about the defense is that it was adequate.The mid field was unable to string passes together.As for the strikers it was as if they were playing together for for the first time.Arnold showed individual pieces of skilful play .

Please can anybody tell me what Monkhouse contributes to the team,as soon as he is passed the ball,he passes back to player who has just passed it to him.
As for Tomblinson he was constantly falling over.
I was very optimistic at the start of the season but let nobody be under any allusion on today's performance we will be lucky to reach the play offs.

The phrase pointless possession comes to mind,the only excusing factor was state of the pitch which must have contributed to the injuries.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
ackomariner
October 10, 2015, 9:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Well tbh I don't know what's going on at the club, but something's not right. All I do know is, there's a lot of fans very unhappy on here, Facebook, or any other forum you wish to look at with regards town, Hurst and the striker situation.

I'm not saying anything is wrong, but just got a feeling that somethings a miss somewhere

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 9:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I get the same kind of feeling of the season couple of years ago.

Definitley not the same feel good as end of last season , better squad but being handled completely wrong.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:36pm

Champagne Drinker
To make matters worse just seen Lincoln's result.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2015, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from essexexile
Went today and from what I could see Town played 4 5 1 and Tomlinson across the middle worked hard but gave Bogle nothing
Bogle is not the finished article by any means and needs more to play off and get more involved which I think Podge gives him
It's a well known fact that longer grass slows the ball down and makes the pitch 'heavier' which is probably why we picked up the injuries and were made to look ordinary and probably why Nathan never figured

I agree with this and I could not understand why the grass was so long especially down the flanks, maybe they don't trust their full back so need to slow it down a but, who know? Odd though as it looked like they liked to play with the ball down.

Omar is definitely a player who can lead the line and he has appeared to look more of a threat when he plays with Podge as Podge pulls defenders around and allows Bogle to find some space today their defenders kept close to him and neutralised him. At times it looked like it was back to the punt it up to LJL days today I'm afraid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
chaos33
October 10, 2015, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Noticing the comments about Bogle, his confidence must be about zero now. He came with a pedigree and looked good doing what he's used to doing, knocking in goals and running defenders. If Amond is in on Tuesday he is hardly likely to tear up trees either after sitting on the bench.

I can understand why Hurst wants his strikers to behave like front line defenders but he has a habit of knocking the goals out of them and having to rely on scraps from his favourites who do as they are told. His management of Nathan Arnold last week was good but personally I think his management of Bogle and Amond is poor and not in the best interests of the team. If he's not careful neither of them will be any use to us at all and we'll have two Ross Hannahs instead of the one we had last year.

. This.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
A.l.f.
October 10, 2015, 9:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Worst match of the season and picked up quite a few injuries.  Disley and Tait had good games but several others were off it.  Grass was long which didn't suit our passing game, but we didn't create enough chances today.  Bogle had the best two maybe and Dis was unlucky to hit the bar near the end.
On the bright side - bagged some bargain new shoes at the Braintree Freeport but would rather have got three points.....and thats not for speeding home!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
Caesar
October 10, 2015, 10:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
The reaction on here is not as bad as I thought it would be to be honest.  Guess I can correct that:

That was bloody awful.  They were useless, we were too!  Bogle ran round like he didn't have a clue what he was meant to be doing.  Tomlinson closed down a defender, won the ball well, closed in on their keeper, it was just begging to be placed into the net... and squared it to Bogle with a poor pass that put him under pressure.  I don't care how hard you work and close down if you are that shot in front of goal that you make LJL look like a clinical finisher you shouldn't be starting.  Why oh why Amond wasn't playing I cannot fathom.  I think he would help Bolgle too to be honest.  

For that (continued) selection madness Hurst should be under scrutiny, his continued choices during the match places him under furthe scrutiny imo.  Nathan Arnold wasn't having a great game to be fair and I know that Hursts options were limited by 2 forced changes but he still looked more dangerous than most other players, so why is he off when Monkhouse, Tomlinson, Bogle are all left on despite contributing nothing?  

But while I think Hurst should be under scrutiny some of our players should be looking at themselves too.  Disley led by example, but very few followed his today and that is actually my biggest dissapointment!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2015, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Caesar
The reaction on here is not as bad as I thought it would be to be honest.  Guess I can correct that:

That was bloody awful.  They were useless, we were too!  Bogle ran round like he didn't have a clue what he was meant to be doing.  Tomlinson closed down a defender, won the ball well, closed in on their keeper, it was just begging to be placed into the net... and squared it to Bogle with a poor pass that put him under pressure.  I don't care how hard you work and close down if you are that shot in front of goal that you make LJL look like a clinical finisher you shouldn't be starting.  Why oh why Amond wasn't playing I cannot fathom.  I think he would help Bolgle too to be honest.  

For that (continued) selection madness Hurst should be under scrutiny, his continued choices during the match places him under furthe scrutiny imo.  Nathan Arnold wasn't having a great game to be fair and I know that Hursts options were limited by 2 forced changes but he still looked more dangerous than most other players, so why is he off when Monkhouse, Tomlinson, Bogle are all left on despite contributing nothing?  

But while I think Hurst should be under scrutiny some of our players should be looking at themselves too.  Disley led by example, but very few followed his today and that is actually my biggest dissapointment!

I have to agree with this the players did not play with any conviction today. Judging by Mr Mullen's mood when he was having a road rage moment driving his Merc out of the ground it would appear that the directors are not happy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
GYinScuntland
October 10, 2015, 11:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Thought that was dross, no other word for it and many on here will give a better written match report than I can.
What I can report on is the support- stunning.
We ended up in the home end being urine heads and wanting a beer in their club house. Looking at and hearing the packed away end filled me with pride. There were more than one or two Essex peoples around us saying things along the lines of "Faaack me, hats off to them"
Only missed one away up to now and it's brilliant being in amongst the lads but seeing us from the home supporters perspective shows how bloody good us the fans really are. Stunning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
denni266
October 10, 2015, 11:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ackomariner
Well tbh I don't know what's going on at the club, but something's not right. All I do know is, there's a lot of fans very unhappy on here, Facebook, or any other forum you wish to look at with regards town, Hurst and the striker situation.

I'm not saying anything is wrong, but just got a feeling that somethings a miss somewhere

I more or less said this a last week and got more poop than  a public loo.... we are the nearly team because we nearly have a manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
TownSNAFU5
October 10, 2015, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Consistency (good results) gets a team promoted.  Town were excellent against Gateshead.  Today it seems that the majority of players had off days.  Therefore, we slip further behind FGR.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 11:24pm

Exile
Quoted from friskneymariner

Please can anybody tell me what Monkhouse contributes to the team,as soon as he is passed the ball,he passes back to player who has just passed it to him.

You noticed that as well  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2015, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Poor today. Poor game. They were shite. Their number 10 who looks like an ideal Hurst striker (runs around a lot, quite exciting running at defenders, defends very deep both flanks but didn't trouble the net). We were not much better and couldn't break them down.

Time to start scouting the managers of these part-time clubs who seem to be doing very well on their resources.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2015, 11:37pm
Meths Drinker
Oh and Tomlinson took 3 attempts to kick a water bottle into an empty net.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 11:38pm

Exile
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Oh and Tomlinson took 3 attempts to kick a water bottle into an empty net.

Yes and he got 3 big cheers from the town fans,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
Mendonca1995
October 10, 2015, 11:59pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Told you all this the other week about monkhouse half sided with me half said he was great for the team and quite frankly now the other half have seen daylight and seen/heard for themselves it's a joke how he keeps Arnold/Marshall out the team he is simply used for his height advantage and simple ball style but it's not what we need it's giving us nothing we are better with pace down the flanks 8 draws is not good enough everyone I speak to is rapidly falling off the hurst wagon for the daft tactical decisions he keeps making for eg Tomlinson etc people have had enough I'm town thru and thru and something has to give is a point away at part-time Braintree really that good ??? Forest green moving away slowly again and we are 9 unbeaten but how many draws against average sides it's not good enough on paper we could/should walk this league but hurst cannot motivate the players or use them correctly with his rotation balderdash what must the players be thinking being dropped after playing so well early season it's the fans that are suffering yet again maybe people think am wrong and it's my opinion but it's not just me its the same with most people you speak to people who have been going 40-50 years plus,they think the same hopefully he can prove us all wrong but my patience with hurst is at an all time low I really do hope he proves me wrong and I'll hold my hands up if so good luck PAUL your gonna need it utm 😔

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
DocTower
October 11, 2015, 8:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
It appears the more the fans moan the more stubborn our manager becomes .  A win on Tuesday and all will be well with the world in his eyes . Unfortunately it won't , we all know we are in for the same as last season . Play offs at the best  ,  but our strikers must be wondering why they signed for us in the first place .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 8:48am

Champagne Drinker
A win on tues will like it has done so many times paperover the cracks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
louth_in_the_south
October 11, 2015, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
We go to a team near the bottom like southport and beat them 4-0 . We go to Braintree who've been having a decent season and come away with a point and clean sheet .
Of the 6 teams currently above us we drawn with the leaders , and beat the other 2 we've played fairly easily.

What's the panic ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 11, 2015, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
We go to a team near the bottom like southport and beat them 4-0 . We go to Braintree who've been having a decent season and come away with a point and clean sheet .
Of the 6 teams currently above us we drawn with the leaders , and beat the other 2 we've played fairly easily.

What's the panic ?

It's not so much a panic. More of a sort of "here we go again" depression!

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2015, 10:46am
Meths Drinker
Maybe Braintree are having a good season. With their resources their manager is doing a sterling job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
Caesar
October 11, 2015, 10:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799

What's the panic ?

I think with the exception of 2 games (Torquay and Macc, possibly Alty away as well) we haven't had any bad results, we have had some good ones.  The point yesterday taken in isolation was not a bad result at all.  But our inability to put any kind of winning run together is depressing.  What do we want of this team, to be happy at an appalling performance at a part time club where we looked clueless as to what we were trying to do?  Where we looked about as threatening as a 2 year old armed with a marshmallow?  

In our run at the end of last year we had a team that played with passion, pride and a cuting edge, we looked to beat teams.  That restored my faith in Hurst as a manager and led to Operation promotion.  Yesterday was the type of perfomrance that had me lost as to how we could play like that again.  Combine that with the fact that half our games this season have ended as draws and it is hardly inspiring.  As Rafferty says above it is not panic stations but concerning and depressing.  Hopefully we will be much better on Tuesday but we cannot keep on saying don't panic forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
Fan
October 11, 2015, 11:04am
Beer Drinker
Quick look at the season stats, Arnold & Mackreth top the assist table, last season Arnold and Mackreth both top the table again, Monkhouse 1 assist and he has played every game. hurst appears to put players in the fridge, Amond scoring for fun , side line him! Mackreth did OK ak Wrexham, Southport and was one of the better players agains a good Forest green side , side line him, we are struggling in front of goal but we again appear to have taken a loan player who has a must play clause, then we don't play them most effective wing pair we have at the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
LH
October 11, 2015, 11:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
If Tranmere or Wrexham were a place behind us and we went there and played excrement but took a point would it be easier for people to take?

We've been down here for five years and far too many fans have still got the Billy Big balderdash attitude. We are where for many reasons but likewise there are teams in this league who have risen up the non-league ranks because they've earned the right on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 11:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Don't worry people. it will all come good at some indeterminate point in the future. Most believe it, so it must be true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
grimps
October 11, 2015, 11:10am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from LH
If Tranmere or Wrexham were a place behind us and we went there and played excrement but took a point would it be easier for people to take?

We've been down here for five years and far too many fans have still got the Billy Big balderdash attitude. We are where for many reasons but likewise there are teams in this league who have risen up the non-league ranks because they've earned the right on the pitch.

Not really !
Some of us still have aspirations of promotion , many are just prepared to accept any old crap
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fan
Quick look at the season stats, Arnold & Mackreth top the assist table, last season Arnold and Mackreth both top the table again, Monkhouse 1 assist and he has played every game. hurst appears to put players in the fridge, Amond scoring for fun , side line him! Mackreth did OK ak Wrexham, Southport and was one of the better players agains a good Forest green side , side line him, we are struggling in front of goal but we again appear to have taken a loan player who has a must play clause, then we don't play them most effective wing pair we have at the club?

And having a loanee picked ahead of you when you have done a pretty decent job cannot be good for confidence or morale.

PH needs to understand he is not playing Champ Manager you just can't re-boot the game and start again when things are not going well, when the opportunity has gone it's gone and looking at the squad at the start of this season I thought it was strong enough. Now I think our opportunity is slipping away.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
Fan
October 11, 2015, 11:29am
Beer Drinker
How did Tait play yesterday?
I was encouraged at the start of the season with Tait and East adding even more pace, but then came Monkhouse!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 11:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from LH

You make sound points and of course it's on the pitch that matters. We know only too well about punching above our weight and beating teams who looked down on us.

However, things seem to be in a perpetual state of stasis at this club, with no real progression to speak of for about 3 seasons. You mention Tranmere, a club newly relegated to this league along with Cheltenham. Both teams are currently above us and seem to be adjusting to this league well after the shock of dropping out of League 2. Barnet and Bristol were down and straight back up again last season, when were told that the conventional wisdom was a period of acclimatisation was required before we could mount a challenge. Well, try telling that to the above mentioned sides.

I would also expect that a team that can attract 5000 fans to a non league game, should be able to at least put a part time side who play on a ploughed field under a bit more pressure than we managed yesterday.

I'm not so stupid that i think we can just go out and sweep away all before us but i would like to think that after 5 years in this league, we can at least mount a credible assault on the top spot at some point. I would like to think that we can go on a winning run like Bromley seem to be managing with aplomb and it may well come at some point, but that's the problem, it's always around the corner but never actually arrives. As i said when we drew with Wrexham away and FGR at home, in isolation, good results. It's the bigger, long term picture that doesn't read so well IMO.

As ever, i live in hope but with every passing game, the last 2 seasons of "nearly but not quite" hoves into view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
louth_in_the_south
October 11, 2015, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Is anyone really surprised fgr are top and looking like they are going to win the league this year . They've been spending heavily for years and look to have eventually got it right . I didn't presume we'd win the league this year and don't think we will now for def . I'll be happy to have another go through the playoffs because we'll get stronger the season goes on and have a stronger squad to go into the playoffs with . We could def do with another CM though .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 11:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Is anyone really surprised fgr are top and looking like they are going to win the league this year . They've been spending heavily for years and look to have eventually got it right . I didn't presume we'd win the league this year and don't think we will now for def . I'll be happy to have another go through the playoffs because we'll get stronger the season goes on and have a stronger squad to go into the playoffs with . We could def do with another CM though .

I'm not surprised at all but that doesn't mean we can't mount a serious challenge too. A small winning run whilst they were having a recent wobble would have seen us breathing down their necks and putting the pressure on them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 11, 2015, 12:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LH

I think you are being unfair. It is true that some of us have an overwhelming desire to see the club back where we are used to seeing it but largely that desire is on behalf of the younger fans who have never experienced the highs of promotions and in some cases have never seen league football at BP.

The criticism today is not about big club v little club, it is about the squad that we have compared to the squads at other clubs, big and small. I don't think anyone would disagree that the current squad is the best we have had since relegation. I don't think many would disagree that there are very few players currently in other conference teams who would improve it. So it is a fair question to ask - why is the manager (and some supporters) happy to get a point while playing cluelessly against a team we should beat 9 times out of 10 with the players we have?

My concern would not be just about yesterday, it would be a worry about the future. We have seen some good performances for parts of games this year but I almost feel that the pressing game and quick passing we see in those games is in spite of the manager, not because of him. Yesterday was to me a more nailed on Hurst performance, grinding out a clean sheet result, the sort of workmanlike stuff he likes to see. The only thing missing was a sneaked goal to win it. But this is football on the edge. One slip at the back and would we get a result? Playing this way invites trouble.

There's another factor as well. He talks in the GT about managing Pittman's hamstring for instance. He's a good player but everyman and his dog knows the lad has injury problems. If he didn't, he wouldn't be here, he'd be in the FL somewhere. Yet he's been made first choice rather than back up which is bound to cause problems. Hurst signs Tomlinson on loan and plays him in place of two good strikers he signed on contract in the summer. Why? If that isn't a statement of how he wants the side to play, I don't know what is.

But as I say, it is the future that worries. Those two strikers who did so well together earlier on are now both bench warmers. They come off the bench or they slot in to replace an injury and are expected to show the same confidence and finishing ability they showed in August. The manager publicly tells us it is up to them to prove they deserve a place in the team. How? By scoring goals or by running about as much as Tomlinson? Answers to that one on a postage stamp. He wrecks their confidence, gives them next to no match time and then has the perfect excuse to play someone else again. Next step a contract or long term loan for Tomlinson would be my guess.

Now to me this is rank bad management. Those two strikers are going to be needed, if not now then certainly after Christmas. We are going to need goals from them to maintain our push for 5th spot or whatever. What sort of response will they make? They will either be trying too hard to make the most of their one opportunity or they will have given up the ghost. Certainly they will not be in any frame of mind or fitness to make much of a promotion winning contribution.

I don't know about anyone else but I had a rosy vision of the season in August. Twin strikers signed who were going to have opposing managers needing a chemical toilet in the dugout.

Instead we are back to the same old, same old. Treating opponents with exaggerated respect, the virtues of hard running without the ball chosen over natural confidence and instinct. Of course Bogle has rough edges. Of course he needs to grow into a higher division. Of course he will make mistakes and wrong decisions. Of course he will infuriate fans and manager with unnecessary tricks. But he will score goals if he's allowed to use his instincts and gain confidence again. Amond has the best movement into space in the box we have seen for a long time. He will pick up the bits and pieces given time to settle. A run of games is what they need, not frustration on the bench. They are having the goals knocked out of them.

If you add to that a couple of quick wingers who will find they get more space when defenders are scared witless by looking to find where the strikers have gone and you have an outfit that need not respect any other side in this league.

If that means the defence has to work a bit harder and the midfield has to press for 90 minutes then that's what needs coaching and coaching, not going back to the track back and cover mentality for the whole team. Hurst can't expect to play like this and then suddenly change tack in mid-game when the other lot score and he can't expect the possession game to work either if he still choses runners over footballers up front and relies on super strikes from a winger.

Pie in sky though. Just my Sunday dream and I could be wrong. I was once, but I did promise the officer I wouldn't take the blow up doll out in public again.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
grimsby pete
October 11, 2015, 12:19pm

Exile
I did say that it was Bogle that hit the bar,

I did think it was Disley but I was sat in front of John Tonduer doing the commentary,

He said it was Bogle so I went with him,

I should have trusted my own old eyes,

Tait and Toto played well when they came on,

I was not happy when Hurst dropped Bogle and Amond the other week,

BUT

Bogle did nothing yesterday , I would like to see Amond back in on Tuesday,

Bogle and Amond play well together Tomlinson did not offer anything yesterday.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
Helgy
October 11, 2015, 12:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
How's Tomlinson doing? according to reports a bit of a headless chicken at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
forza ivano
October 11, 2015, 12:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Oh dear it's all doom and gloom isn't it? Don't know if you noticed but Braintree were a place behind us and they showed why they were up there. You have to give them a lot of credit being part timers. Their right back and akinole were excellent.they were very well organised and very compact. This prob explains the length of the grass on the flanks.also looks like they've brought the pitch in a couple of metres.they are quite happy for the game to be compacted into a narro strip from goal to goal.they gave us no time or space.it was two evenly matched teams and if Braintree continue playing like that they will frustrate and beat quite a few other sides.
Dilly and tait were our stand out players for me.
Good support again and a good amount of ale had been consumed hence the unnecessary confrontations with the gillingham stewards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
grimsby pete
October 11, 2015, 12:33pm

Exile
Quoted from forza ivano

Good support again and a good amount of ale had been consumed hence the unnecessary confrontations with the gillingham stewards

What was the incident with the town fan all about ?

The one who 5 stewards were escorting out until he took his top off and dropped his kecks,

He stood as the side of the seating area for about 10 mins like that,

I said he would catch a cold if he stayed there much longer,

Then he put his clothes back on and they let him back into the stand behind the goal.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
jonnyboy82
October 11, 2015, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Helgy
How's Tomlinson doing? according to reports a bit of a headless chicken at the moment.

A bit unfair on the chicken.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 1:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from forza ivano
Oh dear it's all doom and gloom isn't it? Don't know if you noticed but Braintree were a place behind us and they showed why they were up there. You have to give them a lot of credit being part timers. Their right back and akinole were excellent.they were very well organised and very compact. This prob explains the length of the grass on the flanks.also looks like they've brought the pitch in a couple of metres.they are quite happy for the game to be compacted into a narro strip from goal to goal.they gave us no time or space.it was two evenly matched teams and if Braintree continue playing like that they will frustrate and beat quite a few other sides.

And yet it's their away form (the best in the league) that sees them up there with us. Their home form is pretty dire, which goes against what you are saying and put's into question our own showing there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 1:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Hurst started the season with 4 very good strikers he has turned them into 4 average defenders.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
forza ivano
October 11, 2015, 1:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings

And yet it's their away form (the best in the league) that sees them up there with us. Their home form is pretty dire, which goes against what you are saying and put's into question our own showing there.

I got the feeling they were quite happy with the point and maybe they played like they do when away from home? They were certainly very compact and gave us no time and space.i think they were quite clever in using everything they could to frustrate us and stop us playing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
nightrider
October 11, 2015, 1:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from friskneymariner
Hurst started the season with 4 very good strikers he has turned them into 4 average defenders.

Paul Hurst: "Defense is the best form of attack"

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
grimps
October 11, 2015, 2:17pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Having games where we only have one chance is not good enough !
This is what has happened the last few seasons , Hurst loves having no shots or possibility of us losing the ball.He'd be Happy with the Shop holding the ball in the corner for 90 minutes and us winning 0-0
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 2:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Ah bust at least we kept a clean sheet,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
Marinerz93
October 11, 2015, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimps
Having games where we only have one chance is not good enough !
This is what has happened the last few seasons , Hurst loves having no shots or possibility of us losing the ball.He'd be Happy with the Shop holding the ball in the corner for 90 minutes and us winning 0-0

Winning 0-0, you mean grinding out a point against a tough team  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
ackomariner
October 11, 2015, 4:35pm

Cocktail Drinker

I think you are being unfair. It is true that some of us have an overwhelming desire to see the club back where we are used to seeing it but largely that desire is on behalf of the younger fans who have never experienced the highs of promotions and in some cases have never seen league football at BP.

The criticism today is not about big club v little club, it is about the squad that we have compared to the squads at other clubs, big and small. I don't think anyone would disagree that the current squad is the best we have had since relegation. I don't think many would disagree that there are very few players currently in other conference teams who would improve it. So it is a fair question to ask - why is the manager (and some supporters) happy to get a point while playing cluelessly against a team we should beat 9 times out of 10 with the players we have?

My concern would not be just about yesterday, it would be a worry about the future. We have seen some good performances for parts of games this year but I almost feel that the pressing game and quick passing we see in those games is in spite of the manager, not because of him. Yesterday was to me a more nailed on Hurst performance, grinding out a clean sheet result, the sort of workmanlike stuff he likes to see. The only thing missing was a sneaked goal to win it. But this is football on the edge. One slip at the back and would we get a result? Playing this way invites trouble.

There's another factor as well. He talks in the GT about managing Pittman's hamstring for instance. He's a good player but everyman and his dog knows the lad has injury problems. If he didn't, he wouldn't be here, he'd be in the FL somewhere. Yet he's been made first choice rather than back up which is bound to cause problems. Hurst signs Tomlinson on loan and plays him in place of two good strikers he signed on contract in the summer. Why? If that isn't a statement of how he wants the side to play, I don't know what is.

But as I say, it is the future that worries. Those two strikers who did so well together earlier on are now both bench warmers. They come off the bench or they slot in to replace an injury and are expected to show the same confidence and finishing ability they showed in August. The manager publicly tells us it is up to them to prove they deserve a place in the team. How? By scoring goals or by running about as much as Tomlinson? Answers to that one on a postage stamp. He wrecks their confidence, gives them next to no match time and then has the perfect excuse to play someone else again. Next step a contract or long term loan for Tomlinson would be my guess.

Now to me this is rank bad management. Those two strikers are going to be needed, if not now then certainly after Christmas. We are going to need goals from them to maintain our push for 5th spot or whatever. What sort of response will they make? They will either be trying too hard to make the most of their one opportunity or they will have given up the ghost. Certainly they will not be in any frame of mind or fitness to make much of a promotion winning contribution.

I don't know about anyone else but I had a rosy vision of the season in August. Twin strikers signed who were going to have opposing managers needing a chemical toilet in the dugout.

Instead we are back to the same old, same old. Treating opponents with exaggerated respect, the virtues of hard running without the ball chosen over natural confidence and instinct. Of course Bogle has rough edges. Of course he needs to grow into a higher division. Of course he will make mistakes and wrong decisions. Of course he will infuriate fans and manager with unnecessary tricks. But he will score goals if he's allowed to use his instincts and gain confidence again. Amond has the best movement into space in the box we have seen for a long time. He will pick up the bits and pieces given time to settle. A run of games is what they need, not frustration on the bench. They are having the goals knocked out of them.

If you add to that a couple of quick wingers who will find they get more space when defenders are scared witless by looking to find where the strikers have gone and you have an outfit that need not respect any other side in this league.

If that means the defence has to work a bit harder and the midfield has to press for 90 minutes then that's what needs coaching and coaching, not going back to the track back and cover mentality for the whole team. Hurst can't expect to play like this and then suddenly change tack in mid-game when the other lot score and he can't expect the possession game to work either if he still choses runners over footballers up front and relies on super strikes from a winger.

Pie in sky though. Just my Sunday dream and I could be wrong. I was once, but I did promise the officer I wouldn't take the blow up doll out in public again.

Excellent post RR  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Good post spot on for me PH has not got a clue about attackers and attacking play.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2015, 5:15pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I noticed the wide swathe of grass down the side too. Didn't S&H narrow the pitch at BP the other year too?

Braintree were well organised and obviously make the most of their limited resources. So their manager is doing a good job at this level. The fact we couldn't find a way through shows we are not good enough (i.e. we are not playing well enough, despite the quality in the squad) to go up.

The fact they are level with us on points shouldn't give us comfort that we earned a good point. Rather that, the fact they are level with us on points, is a sign we aren't doing well enough taking into account the squad's potential.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
rancido
October 11, 2015, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
It's very easy for a mediocre team to stop a good team from performing - you just need a good game plan and stick to it !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
chaos33
October 11, 2015, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

Absolutely superb post. I agree entirely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
sydney
October 11, 2015, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Ron Rafferty post says it for me
Thanks
Q
Does PH have the nerve to play a braver more attacking style ? He will get slaughtered on here if he tries it and it fails, but I cannot see automatic promotion for us going back to this defensive apprehensive style of play
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 9:13pm

Champagne Drinker
He who dares wins Sydney.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
Tommy
October 11, 2015, 9:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Thinking back to the early weeks of the season. We got a lot of criticism and a big thing was made of us not keeping clean sheets. Even when it was conceding a single goal in a 4-1 win.

There was a lot of fuss on here about the lack of clean sheets.

I didn't see the problem at the time as the goals we were conceding were more down to individual errors than being too open or poor tactically. We could've ironed out the errors and carried on scoring goals.

But Hurst maybe sided with those causing a fuss on here about it and seems to have adjusted our approach and priorities to make sure we won't concede.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2015, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido
It's very easy for a mediocre team to stop a good team from performing - you just need a good game plan and stick to it !

True, but the best teams invariably find a way to beat the mediocre ones. If it was a one off, it'd be just the law of averages, but it's not is it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
arryarryarry
October 11, 2015, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Helgy

Give me a few minutes.....................................................................................................he can take a long throw................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ that's about it.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
Rob_in_Grimsby
October 11, 2015, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Looks like Tomlinson is quick becoming the boo boys equivalent of JL on here, I actually thought he did allot more then Bogle did and worked allot harder.
We very quickly resorted to hoof ball yesterday, I think this was partly due to the pitch looking like a field  that had been left to go fallow and work rate of the opposition, The odd passing move we did in the game gave us the odd chance.

We need a forward who can hold the ball up till midfield catches up, A JL type player who can bring a goal scorer in to play rather than a ball bouncing off him straight to the opposition and back to defending.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
Les Brechin
October 11, 2015, 10:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Back home now. What an awful game that was.

10 hours of travelling on 8 trains, leaving York at 7:30am and getting back at 11pm.

I must be bloody mad.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
jonnyboy82
October 12, 2015, 4:44am
Vodka Drinker

Possibly the best post on here ever.

Quality summary RR.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
DocTower
October 12, 2015, 7:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Possibly the best post on here ever.

Quality summary RR.

Exactly,  perfectly sums up the way nearly everyone is feeling . However a leopard doesn't change its spots . The more we express our feelings the more entrenched our manager will become .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
grimsby pete
October 12, 2015, 9:08am

Exile
Quoted from Les Brechin
Back home now. What an awful game that was.

10 hours of travelling on 8 trains, leaving York at 7:30am and getting back at 11pm.

I must be bloody mad.  

Next season  get off at Bury St Edmunds and I will give you a lift,

Save you a few hours,  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 12, 2015, 9:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Next season  get off at Bury St Edmunds and I will give you a lift,

Save you a few hours,  

Next Season? Not too confident about our promotion chances then Pete?

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
cmackenzie4
October 12, 2015, 9:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34

I think Pete was meaning when we play Leyton orient Ron.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
grimsby pete
October 12, 2015, 9:40am

Exile

Well there is as much chance of Braintree going up as us,

You never know we both might be league teams  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
mike_d
October 12, 2015, 11:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
If the pitch was that bad, and Amond has had thigh problems (can someone confirm) then not playing him might have been sensible - can anyone confirm Podge's fitness?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
Chrisblor
October 12, 2015, 12:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mike_d
If the pitch was that bad, and Amond has had thigh problems (can someone confirm) then not playing him might have been sensible - can anyone confirm Podge's fitness?

He's fully fit and his continued omission from the team is tactical - http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....49-detail/story.html

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.