Mendonca1995
October 10, 2015, 11:59pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Told you all this the other week about monkhouse half sided with me half said he was great for the team and quite frankly now the other half have seen daylight and seen/heard for themselves it's a joke how he keeps Arnold/Marshall out the team he is simply used for his height advantage and simple ball style but it's not what we need it's giving us nothing we are better with pace down the flanks 8 draws is not good enough everyone I speak to is rapidly falling off the hurst wagon for the daft tactical decisions he keeps making for eg Tomlinson etc people have had enough I'm town thru and thru and something has to give is a point away at part-time Braintree really that good ??? Forest green moving away slowly again and we are 9 unbeaten but how many draws against average sides it's not good enough on paper we could/should walk this league but hurst cannot motivate the players or use them correctly with his rotation balderdash what must the players be thinking being dropped after playing so well early season it's the fans that are suffering yet again maybe people think am wrong and it's my opinion but it's not just me its the same with most people you speak to people who have been going 40-50 years plus,they think the same hopefully he can prove us all wrong but my patience with hurst is at an all time low I really do hope he proves me wrong and I'll hold my hands up if so good luck PAUL your gonna need it utm 😔

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
DocTower
October 11, 2015, 8:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
It appears the more the fans moan the more stubborn our manager becomes .  A win on Tuesday and all will be well with the world in his eyes . Unfortunately it won't , we all know we are in for the same as last season . Play offs at the best  ,  but our strikers must be wondering why they signed for us in the first place .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 8:48am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
A win on tues will like it has done so many times paperover the cracks.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
louth_in_the_south
October 11, 2015, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,690
Gold Stars: 96
We go to a team near the bottom like southport and beat them 4-0 . We go to Braintree who've been having a decent season and come away with a point and clean sheet .
Of the 6 teams currently above us we drawn with the leaders , and beat the other 2 we've played fairly easily.

What's the panic ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 11, 2015, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
We go to a team near the bottom like southport and beat them 4-0 . We go to Braintree who've been having a decent season and come away with a point and clean sheet .
Of the 6 teams currently above us we drawn with the leaders , and beat the other 2 we've played fairly easily.

What's the panic ?

It's not so much a panic. More of a sort of "here we go again" depression!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2015, 10:46am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maybe Braintree are having a good season. With their resources their manager is doing a sterling job.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
Caesar
October 11, 2015, 10:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

What's the panic ?

I think with the exception of 2 games (Torquay and Macc, possibly Alty away as well) we haven't had any bad results, we have had some good ones.  The point yesterday taken in isolation was not a bad result at all.  But our inability to put any kind of winning run together is depressing.  What do we want of this team, to be happy at an appalling performance at a part time club where we looked clueless as to what we were trying to do?  Where we looked about as threatening as a 2 year old armed with a marshmallow?  

In our run at the end of last year we had a team that played with passion, pride and a cuting edge, we looked to beat teams.  That restored my faith in Hurst as a manager and led to Operation promotion.  Yesterday was the type of perfomrance that had me lost as to how we could play like that again.  Combine that with the fact that half our games this season have ended as draws and it is hardly inspiring.  As Rafferty says above it is not panic stations but concerning and depressing.  Hopefully we will be much better on Tuesday but we cannot keep on saying don't panic forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
Fan
October 11, 2015, 11:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -271
Quick look at the season stats, Arnold & Mackreth top the assist table, last season Arnold and Mackreth both top the table again, Monkhouse 1 assist and he has played every game. hurst appears to put players in the fridge, Amond scoring for fun , side line him! Mackreth did OK ak Wrexham, Southport and was one of the better players agains a good Forest green side , side line him, we are struggling in front of goal but we again appear to have taken a loan player who has a must play clause, then we don't play them most effective wing pair we have at the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
LH
October 11, 2015, 11:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
If Tranmere or Wrexham were a place behind us and we went there and played excrement but took a point would it be easier for people to take?

We've been down here for five years and far too many fans have still got the Billy Big balderdash attitude. We are where for many reasons but likewise there are teams in this league who have risen up the non-league ranks because they've earned the right on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 11:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Don't worry people. it will all come good at some indeterminate point in the future. Most believe it, so it must be true.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.