The Yard Dog
November 16, 2015, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
My mrs has just spent her first weekend in Meggies (cleethorpes) and has fallen in love with the place. Just so happens she is Irish as well!

Great advice from everyone here to be honest mate. But, especially for your first time, I would suggest getting into the ground early and soaking up some of the special atmosphere that only BP can hold for town fans.

[/b]Just wondered if Dave smith, or anyone at the club, could organise a tour of the ground? Maybe get the telewag involved[b]

Above all, enjoy!

I am in the process of sorting something out with the club for them. so that its a day to remember for them (cannot guarantee the right result unfortunately)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
highcliff mariner
November 16, 2015, 9:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Posh Harry
Someone suggested going for a walk on the prom. If you do then my tip would be have a spare pair of shoes somewhere as you will get so much dog sh8t on the first pair you will just want to throw them in the bin!

When did you last walk along the prom ?
I live on the seafront and ain't had excrement on my shoes in the 7 years I've been here .

Utm
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
ivanosandwich
November 16, 2015, 9:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from highcliff mariner

I live on the seafront and ain't had excrement on my shoes in the 7 years I've been here .

Utm

No Sh!t?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
Southwark Mariner
November 16, 2015, 9:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
I've not been to the Fishing Heritage Centre for a good few years but that must still be worth a visit.

http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/resident/museums-and-heritage/fishing-heritage-centre

bit of a rubbish website for such a good museum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
barralad
November 16, 2015, 10:46am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I am in the process of sorting something out with the club for them. so that its a day to remember for them (cannot guarantee the right result unfortunately)

You have a P.M

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
Posh Harry
November 16, 2015, 7:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Utm

The last time I walked from the train station to the ground was just under 2 years ago, it was horrendous. It was also the middle of winter though which probably didn't help.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
Posh Harry
November 16, 2015, 8:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
PS. Have a fantastic time Irishmariner. Welcome to the real theatre of dreams (and the occasional nightmare)!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
geir
November 16, 2015, 9:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner83
Whatever the temperature is outside BP it'll feel about 10 degrees colder in there.

Very good advice. I have been to BP at about the same time of year and were freezing my nuts off...And I really shouldn`t have a problem with the cold, being from Norway and all, but still...extremely cold - so dress well!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
bobbyturtle
November 16, 2015, 11:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
have a fab time!! and dont forget tour flask and definitely eat before you get to the ground. utm
btw whats your predictions for town and the forest green  and cheltenham lol utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
Rik e B
November 16, 2015, 11:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Yes don't get caught out with the cold, extra clothing can always be stripped down, lack of clothing can make for a miserable experience.

Prepare as though it was deep mid - winter,  that North Sea breeze caught wrongly up there in the gods (well for Non-leagu it is  ) can easily make it feel ten degrees colder like already said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First Timer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.