8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
November 21, 2015, 11:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Deffo go Steels/drinks in whatever order you prefer, ice cream from on the prom if open then walk along the seawall back to the ground (try not to get blown over)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
The Yard Dog
November 21, 2015, 11:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

[/b]You're a gent - I didn't expect that and will stick the cost of mine in the Trust or Youth coffers.
[b]

That's a nice gesture, happy to assist any mariner,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
horse
November 21, 2015, 11:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +3
Nice to see the hospitality of GTFC fans proving the community spirit lives on! You don't see this happening in the upper leagues. A nice touch from all of those involved in making IrishMariners visit a most memorable one. Yet another reason why I'm proud to be a Mariner!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
mirrorballman
November 28, 2015, 10:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Any word from IrishMariner, did he make it ok?

Podge read the script and did his bit anyway, a Carlow man bagging the winner for the first timer from Carlow!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
Rodley Mariner
November 28, 2015, 10:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from mirrorballman
Any word from IrishMariner, did he make it ok?

Podge read the script and did his bit anyway, a Carlow man bagging the winner for the first timer from Carlow!

Yes he made it and fairly confident I can say he had a great day. Sure he'll be on at some point to tell you all about it so will leave that to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
IrishMariner
November 28, 2015, 11:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Hi everybody,

Had an incredible day! Was very well taken care of by Rodley Mariner and The Yard Dog as well as Paul the club photographer. Steels provided a free meal for us on arrival to Cleethorpes,and I got presented with a signed jersey in the McMenemy's suite. Met some Town legends including Nigel Batch and Dave Boylen. Got a tour of the ground including a visit to the Chairman's lounge,was delighted to have Podge score and for us to get the three points! Got myself a hat and the red jersey as well.  And on top of this I got to stick one in the back of the net in front of the Pontoon before the game!

Would just like to say thanks to the gentlemen who made my first visit to BP an unforgettable one! Thankfully the wind was kind today so I didn't feel the full brunt of the North Sea. I hope you all enjoy the article in the Telegraph,feel free to add to this Rodley/Yard Dog.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
ginnywings
November 28, 2015, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Glad you enjoyed it. The football wasn't up to much today unfortunately but you sound like you had a great time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
lukeo
November 29, 2015, 7:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Brilliant,  good to read
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
Rodley Mariner
November 29, 2015, 7:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
The club did a brilliant job making Darragh and Jimmy feel welcome with Dave Smith, John Fenty and Lee Mullen all taking time to come and welcome them to the club and presenting Darragh with a signed shirt. Mark and Paul went to great lengths to make it a special day and it was rounded off by Podge phoning at 5.30 as we were driving back to the airport to check they'd enjoyed themselves. Think we've ensured Darragh will be a GTFC fan for life and we might have converted his Dad to the cause as well. Was a very proud GTFC fan yesterday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
Mrs Doyle
November 29, 2015, 7:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It was a strange atmosphere yesterday very quite and subdued. Admittedly it was windy, freezing cold and wet plus the 77 fans from Kiddi were sat shivering suffering from extreme exposure but until the goal  only a few mutterings from the usual corner of the ponny was heard.

Hope we can get some noise going for the cup tie and start ramping the decibels up the lads need that 12th man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First Timer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.