This thread currently has 11,786 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
November 29, 2015, 8:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Unfortunately away sides don't come to entertain the home fans , they had come for a point and nearly got it . Think its going to be better next Monday , providing I can find my glasses !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Mrs Doyle
November 29, 2015, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
True Doc I really miss some of those Yorkshire teams there was always a good atmosphere it would have been grossly unfair if their only chance had gone in after all the possession and great build up play we had but it has happened before.

Thankfully lady luck shined down on us yesterday. Dare we hope this is our season??

You bloody bet we dare.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
The Yard Dog
November 29, 2015, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from IrishMariner
Hi everybody,

Had an incredible day! Was very well taken care of by Rodley Mariner and The Yard Dog as well as Paul the club photographer. Steels provided a free meal for us on arrival to Cleethorpes,and I got presented with a signed jersey in the McMenemy's suite. Met some Town legends including Nigel Batch and Dave Boylen. Got a tour of the ground including a visit to the Chairman's lounge,was delighted to have Podge score and for us to get the three points! Got myself a hat and the red jersey as well.  And on top of this I got to stick one in the back of the net in front of the Pontoon before the game!

Would just like to say thanks to the gentlemen who made my first visit to BP an unforgettable one! Thankfully the wind was kind today so I didn't feel the full brunt of the North Sea. I hope you all enjoy the article in the Telegraph,feel free to add to this Rodley/Yard Dog.

Hi Darragh
I hope your enjoyed your 1st visit to Cleethorpes and Blundell Park, it was a bit full on trying to fit in as much as possible to ensure your visit was a memorable for you and your dad.
Hope you had time to take it all in, sorry we was unable to go to the trust bar before kick-off, but Lee Mullins said he could get Podge to have a quick chat and photo with him (I think that made your dads day).
Did you manage to get to the trust bar at half time? my apologies to Ian at the trust as I was unable to get to the trust bar before kick-off.
Received the email addresses from Jonny, will  pass them on to my brother who will forwarded on the photos from the day.

Just need to convert your dad to a GTFC supporter now.

Hope to meet up in the future

Mark

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
IrishMariner
November 29, 2015, 10:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
The Scunthorpe team were on my return flight actually,they weren't too happy to see two smiling Mariners after their result yesterday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
barralad
November 29, 2015, 10:19am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Hi Darragh
I hope your enjoyed your 1st visit to Cleethorpes and Blundell Park, it was a bit full on trying to fit in as much as possible to ensure your visit was a memorable for you and your dad.
Hope you had time to take it all in, sorry we was unable to go to the trust bar before kick-off, but Lee Mullins said he could get Podge to have a quick chat and photo with him (I think that made your dads day).
Did you manage to get to the trust bar at half time? my apologies to Ian at the trust as I was unable to get to the trust bar before kick-off.
Received the email addresses from Jonny, will  pass them on to my brother who will forwarded on the photos from the day.

Just need to convert your dad to a GTFC supporter now.

Hope to meet up in the future

Mark

Absolutely no problem Mark. The idea was that you and Rodley made the day truly memorable and it's easy to see you managed that brilliantly. You are both a real credit to the GTFC fanbase. Fantastic stuff....
It was a shame not to meet Darragh and his da but there will surely now be another time!  Sounds like another Mariner has been smitten with Grimsbyitis

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
The Yard Dog
November 29, 2015, 4:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Darragh & Jonny

I have passed on your email addresses to my brother, so you should get the photos soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
Rodley Mariner
November 29, 2015, 4:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Thanks Mark. Apologies we didn't make the trust bar, we were slow getting down and it was busy with everyone trying to thaw out a bit. From my point of view it was a pleasure bringing Darragh and Jimmy along and glad they had such a good day. There's a really nice feel to the Club at the moment. Let's hope we can hold onto it in the Football League next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 29, 2015, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
All those involved with helping out, well done and a big pat on the back to you all. I hope the club/trust have recognised your efforts.

It's good to have more Irish town fans on board. There's another one on the way in 6 months time

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
barralad
November 29, 2015, 6:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Thanks Mark. Apologies we didn't make the trust bar, we were slow getting down and it was busy with everyone trying to thaw out a bit. From my point of view it was a pleasure bringing Darragh and Jimmy along and glad they had such a good day. There's a really nice feel to the Club at the moment. Let's hope we can hold onto it in the Football League next season!

Hmmm wouldn't be anything to do with jumbo sized portions of Steel's finest would it?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
The Yard Dog
November 29, 2015, 8:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

No problem Jonny it was a bit full on trying to make it a memorable as possible for them, but the opportunity for Darragh dad to meet up Podge on the pitch before kickoff was the icing on the cake I think.

It was a pleasure to be able to something special for them, we have the best fans in the country. Darragh face was a picture when he was told the signed shirt was for him.

I hope you enjoyed yourself as well and whistle stop tour of Blundell Park

Photos are on the way to you as I type

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First Timer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.