6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
May 26, 2016, 5:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,727
Gold Stars: 226
The encouraging thing looking at that list is that there are only half a dozen clubs with significantly higher crowd pulling power than us.

On that basis we should be aiming for at least top ten this year, and maybe even play offs if we get the rub of the green?

After all, we must have our annual Wembley trip.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
Marinerz93
May 27, 2016, 7:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75
Our six years in the abyss have damaged the clubs stature within the game. The truth is we have an ageing ground, poor training facilities. I don't know what our scouting network is like but I doubt we have a man with his ear to the ground anywhere outside of Lincolnshire. Prozone stats and monitoring? Nutritionist? (That'll be Dave Moore).

We will need to re-establish ourselves as a proper football club after so long playing pub football, we lost our 2nd best player IMO to Chesterfield, a smaller club than ourselves not so long ago. We can't compete with them or the likes of Doncaster, again a smaller club than ourselves not so long ago.

Let's be honest, look at the Chesterfield and Doncaster examples, can anyone earn a gold star by pointing out what both clubs have in common?

Is it a council that bent over backwards to help to not only improve the area but help something that is part of the fabric of those Towns with new stadia  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
Marinerz93
May 27, 2016, 5:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from 75
Our six years in the abyss have damaged the clubs stature within the game. The truth is we have an ageing ground, poor training facilities. I don't know what our scouting network is like but I doubt we have a man with his ear to the ground anywhere outside of Lincolnshire. Prozone stats and monitoring? Nutritionist? (That'll be Dave Moore).

We will need to re-establish ourselves as a proper football club after so long playing pub football, we lost our 2nd best player IMO to Chesterfield, a smaller club than ourselves not so long ago. We can't compete with them or the likes of Doncaster, again a smaller club than ourselves not so long ago.

Let's be honest, look at the Chesterfield and Doncaster examples, can anyone earn a gold star by pointing out what both clubs have in common?

Is it a council that bent over backwards to help to not only improve the area but help something that is part of the fabric of those Towns with new stadia  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
KingstonMariner
May 27, 2016, 10:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

I was gonna go with funny accents, but I think you might be right.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
Welwynmariner
May 27, 2016, 10:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I would say Leyton Orient are a similar sized club.

Go to Brisbane Road and look at the ground and the surrounding infrastructure over the road. Things have moved on a lot since we were last in League 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
barralad
May 28, 2016, 12:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Go to Brisbane Road and look at the ground and the surrounding infrastructure over the road. Things have moved on a lot since we were last in League 2.

I think a few of us are in for some shocks. Those clubs that have been in the league throughout our "holiday" in non-league will not have been idle...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
May 28, 2016, 5:56am
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

Gold star for you mate!
Reply: 56 - 57
FishOutOfWater
May 28, 2016, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75

They both feature regularly on BBC Radio Sheffield....do I get a gold star too Vicar?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town's status as a club in League 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.