Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,581 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 8, 2022, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Right

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 267
Swansea_Mariner
January 8, 2022, 2:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
I see the Trust have now issued a tweet to state that if the old badge wins it will be updated to digital standards.

Honestly I'm really struggling to understand how the club can have made such a mess of this, something which should have been so simple. Surely the point in employing more professionals behind the scenes was to avoid the amateurish approach we had previously.

This is not to say that I'm not fully behind what the club are trying to do, just do it better, especially basic stuff, i mean come on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 267
Plankton
January 8, 2022, 2:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I see the Trust have now issued a tweet to state that if the old badge wins it will be updated to digital standards.

Honestly I'm really struggling to understand how the club can have made such a mess of this, something which should have been so simple. Surely the point in employing more professionals behind the scenes was to avoid the amateurish approach we had previously.

This is not to say that I'm not fully behind what the club are trying to do, just do it better, especially basic stuff, i mean come on.

They could have recreated the badge 1:1 to work at all sizes and hardly anyone would have known, only those using the badge as a graphic asset would and that should have been done about 15 years ago. No one is against pushing the club forward and these little enhancements are very nice but I do agree I find it odd that they decided to change the badge without input from the fan base.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 267
jamesgtfc
January 8, 2022, 3:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Plankton

They could have recreated the badge 1:1 to work at all sizes and hardly anyone would have known, only those using the badge as a graphic asset would and that should have been done about 15 years ago. No one is against pushing the club forward and these little enhancements are very nice but I do agree I find it odd that they decided to change the badge without input from the fan base.

Our fan representatives waved it through so they assumed it would be ok.

This whole thing undermines the Trust though because in my opinion the vote should be going via them as it helps drive membership and prevents rival fans voting for an option we don't want.

This "club having a fan database though" is nonsense because the club not having your email address does not make you any less of a fan. What if your ticket has always been bought for you?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 267
DaleH
January 8, 2022, 3:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 168
The amount of football club crests that have the year that they were formed on them, is absolutely unreal. I would have to say, that on reflection, 1878 not appearing on the badge in some form, has probably been quite remis, if that isn't too strong a word.

The year of the club formation is part of the history and heritage of the club, and I would like to see it included. Whether that is as a flag, a nameplate on the trawler, or a ribbon added at the foot of the crest, is of absolutely no concern to me. It's immaterial as long as it is included somewhere. And, as a man that comes from a graphic design background, I would suggest that the change to the crest to incorporate this, has been minor, subtle, and has not taken things very far away from the existing design. It's a nice job.

I cannot believe that so much fuss has been made about this, given the small amount of change that has taken place. But each to their own I suppose.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 267
Plankton
January 8, 2022, 3:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH
The amount of football club crests that have the year that they were formed on them, is absolutely unreal. I would have to say, that on reflection, 1878 not appearing on the badge in some form, has probably been quite remis, if that isn't too strong a word.

The year of the club formation is part of the history and heritage of the club, and I would like to see it included. Whether that is as a flag, a nameplate on the trawler, or a ribbon added at the foot of the crest, is of absolutely no concern to me. It's immaterial as long as it is included somewhere. And, as a man that comes from a graphic design background, I would suggest that the change to the crest to incorporate this, has been minor, subtle, and has not taken things very far away from the existing design. It's a nice job.

I cannot believe that so much fuss has been made about this, given the small amount of change that has taken place. But each to their own I suppose.

I see both sides and I am too a current graphic designer so I understand the intricacies of the sort of thing, like yourself. It should have been a consultation and we wouldn't have this situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 267
Swansea_Mariner
January 8, 2022, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
The vast majority of the fuss could have been easily avoided though, they've turned what should have been a total non event into a bit of a circus, I mean we're on page 19 of this. Wtf

I bet their right fed up of this topic, but guess what it's self inflicted. Flat out face-palm stuff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 267
Plankton
January 8, 2022, 4:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Tweet 1479832640522014729 will appear here...

Here's a design statement from the designer himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 267
GhostDan
January 8, 2022, 4:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
I’m not sure that statement is going to have the positive affect he had quite hoped, I’m totally ambivalent towards badge-gate, I fully don’t care either way but that statement comes across as very arrogant & passive aggressive. Very odd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 267
Northbank Mariner
January 8, 2022, 4:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GhostDan
I’m not sure that statement is going to have the positive affect he had quite hoped, I’m totally ambivalent towards badge-gate, I fully don’t care either way but that statement comes across as very arrogant & passive aggressive. Very odd.

Couldn't agree more, comes across as though he's saying "I wish I hadn't bothered" kind of attitude to me .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 267
27 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.