Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,577 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
January 1, 2022, 9:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from It Bites
Months of work to squash the badge and put a flag on the ship with 1878 in it ...... Jesus I'm in the wrong job

Think they were referring to the rebrand and associated works.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 267
It Bites
January 1, 2022, 9:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Stadium

Think they were referring to the rebrand and associated works.

Yeah you're probably right .
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 267
Bigdog
January 1, 2022, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Very underwhelming as a rebrand goes. Expected much better from JS and AP if I'm being honest about it..Badge is a mess, a missed opportunity, and the website is marginally better but hardly cutting edge or a big stride forward now we're in 2022..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 267
immariner
January 1, 2022, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
I don't think people are too mad about the badge redesign itself but more the fact that Jason Stockwood, in particular, has been an advocate of the Fair Game initiative but has somehow overlooked that one of their main aims, that heritage 'crown jewels', of which the club crest is one, shouldn't be amended without fan consultation. Which is right, it shouldn't be. I would hope that everyone would agree that this should be the case.

With that said, JS's tweets are full of humility and acknowledge that the club made a mistake and I respect that. Despite not being a fan of the flag addition, if the club think the badge needs to be amended slightly to be more digital friendly, whatever that actually means, then fine. A little 1878 flag isn't a hill I'm willing to die on simply to prevent change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 267
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2022, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
So I work in a business where we have various functions to make the business a real success including clinical, finance, product, marketing, operations, creative and legal.

There’s lots of stake holders and many more who are both financially & emotionally invested but it works really well because we let the experts who are trained & have the experience get on with their bit and it generally works.

So I get the bit about lack of consultation though personally I’m not that bothered but in terms of design I reckon it boils down to “you’ll please all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time”.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 267
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2022, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So I work in a business where we have various functions to make the business a real success including clinical, finance, product, marketing, operations, creative and legal.

There’s lots of stake holders and many more who are both financially & emotionally invested but it works really well because we let the experts who are trained & have the experience get on with their bit and it generally works.

So I get the bit about lack of consultation though personally I’m not that bothered but in terms of design I reckon it boils down to “you’ll please all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time”.

Design is always subjective. I’m a bit drunk off that the club has taken thousands of pounds in the club shop over Christmas for clothing that is now effectively out of date.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 267
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2022, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Design is always subjective. I’m a bit drunk off that the club has taken thousands of pounds in the club shop over Christmas for clothing that is now effectively out of date.

I think that’s a fair point ….. but then again I’ve always had a problem with the club changing the shirts annually when many clubs do it every 2 years. I know it makes good money but feels like a bit of an issue if you need to kit your kids out and you’ve got limited resources.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 267
promotion plaice
January 1, 2022, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201

Get rid of the weird flag and simply put 1878 on the front of the trawler where the registration letters normally are, just a thought.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 267
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2022, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think that’s a fair point ….. but then again I’ve always had a problem with the club changing the shirts annually when many clubs do it every 2 years. I know it makes good money but feels like a bit of an issue if you need to kit your kids out and you’ve got limited resources.

My lads had at least a hundred quids worth of stuff at Christmas. Now effectively obsolete. Not great.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 267
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2022, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We all know football is an industry like no other. Like Jason said himself, buying the club wasn't a financial investment. I totally get the need and desire for brand guidelines and a digitally compatible badge. In fact, the work done by Rich Lyons in his own time is commendable and I think it's great that both the new website and badge have local connections, that's exactly what community is about.

I'm sure there were other versions of the badge mocked up and the Trust should have ran a poll on this from the beginning outlining the need for change which I think would have ticked the fan consultation box and stayed within the Fair Game rules that we co-founded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 267
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.