Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,573 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2022, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope!

Just prepared to give them some leeway in their learning curve.

Do you know what the best thing to have come out of this is? It’s Jason’s response.

We now have a chairman who is prepared to admit that he’s got something wrong and that he isn’t beyond criticism. It’s what good businessmen do, it was John Fenty’s greatest flaw. No business and no businessman gets everything right. It’s how they respond.

I have far more respect for Jason after this because he’s held his hands up, something Fenty never did.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 267
Zero_as_a_limit
January 2, 2022, 9:30am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 2
Don't like the new badge. This isn't just about me being used to the proportions of the old badge. The main change (distending the banner and adding a blister to the top of the shield, seemingly to accomodate an oversized flag with the name of Stockwood & Petit's holding company) makes the badge look bloated. That's without mentioning how ridiculous it is to show a massive flag floating about in front of the bridge.

Personally, I like the badge used the mid 1990s (with the red band around the shield and banner)- would prefer a return to those colours / proportions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 267
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 2, 2022, 9:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
It took a Web designer TWO YEARS to add a flag..........

...............in the wrong location on the trawler!

WOW!

So Fenty commissioned it then?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 267
chipsandgravy
January 2, 2022, 9:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Give it a rest. Even the owners admitted their error. Like several, you appear to have them on a pedestal.

Think their error was to give the cynics a pedestal and golden opportunity and my have they enjoyed it. Very sad really when you look at the context of the argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 267
pizzzza
January 2, 2022, 10:20am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We now have a chairman who is prepared to admit that he’s got something wrong and that he isn’t beyond criticism. It’s what good businessmen do, it was John Fenty’s greatest flaw. No business and no businessman gets everything right. It’s how they respond.

The worrying thing for me is that it has been said that it was not just JS who got this wrong, the whole board were involved including the Mariners Trust reps. So either:

1.The whole board got this wrong together
Or
2. JS made the decision and the rest went along with it (we have been here before right)
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 267
exiledmeggie
January 2, 2022, 10:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -208
Gold Stars: 20
Is the Co Op open, I think I need something stronger than popcorn!

Actually the new website and image is a sign to say we are going places. I like it.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 267
rancido
January 2, 2022, 10:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,660
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lukeo
Read most the comments in the previous 10 pages. I can understand why some people are upset, I guess it'd made sense to wait until the end of the season to do the badge change..
For me I'm not a fan of the added part of it, it doesn't look right nor is it in the right place. But I won't lose any sleep over it. Feel for those who have a tattoo of our old badge though  

Fair point about the tattoo but since I started watching town in1965, how many times has the badge been modified? You could apply that criticism to any time the badge has changed. IMO they could have used GY1878 as the registration number on the trawler but the whole badge change thing isn't enough to get me in a lather, unlike some posters.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 267
forza ivano
January 2, 2022, 11:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
It took a Web designer TWO YEARS to add a flag..........

...............in the wrong location on the trawler!

WOW!

that's stretching a bit isn't it?
Be fair - he'd been playing around with the idea for a year or 2 and then when the new owners appeared he took it further.
most of the changes are getting about some uniformity so that the whole badge, or elements of it, can be put on lots of different things, both on line and in the 'real world .
My old company had a quite detailed owl as it's logo and over the 25 years i was there it changed quite a lot with the distortion of photocopying and printing etc and that was before then trying to replicate it digitally.
Lets be honest - its a small job that needed doing.If its true there are 4 versions of the badge just within the ground then that's  pretty poor presentation and hardly smacks of professionalism
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 267
quebec38
January 2, 2022, 11:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
We are talking about versions of the badge having full stops after/between letters here, not one with 3 fish and another with a flipping dog or something.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 267
TheRealJohnLewis
January 2, 2022, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Zero_as_a_limit
Don't like the new badge. This isn't just about me being used to the proportions of the old badge. The main change (distending the banner and adding a blister to the top of the shield, seemingly to accomodate an oversized flag with the name of Stockwood & Petit's holding company) makes the badge look bloated. That's without mentioning how ridiculous it is to show a massive flag floating about in front of the bridge.

Personally, I like the badge used the mid 1990s (with the red band around the shield and banner)- would prefer a return to those colours / proportions.

You do realise the significance of the number 1878 don't you and that putting it on a flag on the badge isn't advertising a "holding company" and is not just an ego trip.

Private Message
Reply: 109 - 267
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.