Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Post-Doncaster should we sack David Artell?
Yes, Sack Him, (127 votes)
85.23%
No. Don't Sack Him. (22 votes)
14.77%
149 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?

This thread currently has 3,589 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Poojah
There’s also a very big difference between “negative” comments and objective opinions endorsing change.

Artell is presiding over the most disastrous managerial spell in living memory, if not the history of the club. I would argue that suggesting that there is no other option than to stick with him is in and of itself profoundly negative.

I'm actually shocked that the board can, in any way, defend what's happening. The only reason can be that they can't afford to get rid of him.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
mariner91
February 18, 2024, 12:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261

I would be very surprised if we aren't competitive in our next match. As is football.

Isn’t that what people were saying last week? And we got bent over by an exceptionally average Donny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
mariner91
February 18, 2024, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
I think that statement from Stockwood is astonishing. Sitting on their hands whilst Rome burns. They’ve done some good things but also had a lot of football fortune in a short space of time. This is their first test and by the looks of it they’re just going to watch the ship sink. Extraordinary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 18, 2024, 12:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,275
Gold Stars: 306

The problem is, the poll just last week was a 50-50 split. A bad result against a rival and people lose their excrement. If it was against Morecambe, the response probably wouldn't be anywhere near as visceral. At the end of the day, it's a loss, and will likely be no different to any 1 - 0 loss.

I would be very surprised if we aren't competitive in our next match. As is football.

I respectfully disagree. People are losing their sh*t over the nature of the performance, another 5 goals shipped and 21 in 6 games. I couldn’t give a flying f*ck who we played, getting hammered 5~1 by a team in the relegation mire with us is bloody awful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
LH
February 18, 2024, 12:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Sorry Jason - I’m not with you if you’re wanting to keep him on. I’ve dug in enough.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
Poojah
February 18, 2024, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500

The problem is, the poll just last week was a 50-50 split. A bad result against a rival and people lose their excrement. If it was against Morecambe, the response probably wouldn't be anywhere near as visceral. At the end of the day, it's a loss, and will likely be no different to any 1 - 0 loss.

It’s not just a single, freak bad result, though, is it? That was Walsall on New Year’s Day, and no one wanted him sacked at that point. What then seemed like an aberration has simply become the norm.

In the last 6 games we have conceded a 21 goals, and picked up just 2 points. The theme is clear. We fundamentally lack organisation and the defensive system we are playing is disastrous. Teams just play through us. To suggest yesterday was no different to any run of the mill 0-1 defeat completely overlooks what is routinely happening on the pitch.

We have some huge games coming up. In the next 8, the only 2 that aren’t against top-half sides are those immediately behind us. If we lose to Forest Green and / or Sutton, we are toast. It’s absolutely pivotal that people recognise just how dire the situation is.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 18, 2024, 12:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,275
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from LH

I can’t remember a more unanimous opinion across the entire fanbase than this. I suppose Holloway came close but he resigned and was partly Fenty regime collapse collateral too. Most managers have had a small percentage of backers even on the days they’ve been sacked.

I’m being pedantic but we need to keep perspective here: 35 votes is not representative of the entire fan base, it’s a very small fraction of them. It may be representative of the wider view but that can’t be proven by this poll.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
devs
February 18, 2024, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,983
Gold Stars: 30
Effectively 7pts clear with games in hand
Keep the faith  everyone...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
AncientExiledMariner
February 18, 2024, 12:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Poojah

It’s not just a single, freak bad result, though, is it? That was Walsall on New Year’s Day, and no one wanted him sacked at that point. What then seemed like an aberration has simply become the norm.

In the last 6 games we have conceded a 21 goals, and picked up just 2 points. The theme is clear. We fundamentally lack organisation and the defensive system we are playing is disastrous. Teams just play through us. To suggest yesterday was no different to any run of the mill 0-1 defeat completely overlooks what is routinely happening on the pitch.

We have some huge games coming up. In the next 8, the only 2 that aren’t against top-half sides are those immediately behind us. If we lose to Forest Green and / or Sutton, we are toast. It’s absolutely pivotal that people recognise just how dire the situation is.

No it's not every game. Before DA took over, we were losing EVERY game. You don't go from a team of losers to winning or drawing every game. Especially when you cannot change the full squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 12:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,131
Gold Stars: 548
To put it into context, we lost 6-1 to Walsall, and I believe that was our worst defeat in something like 70 years, and but for the width of a post, that would have been repeated yesterday, merely weeks later.

I was also told last night that the 5-5 result was the only time we have had that score in our history, so we have had three exceptional results, mostly to our detriment in the space of a few weeks.

It just cannot be defended.

The only caveat I can add (and I am desperately searching for the tiniest glimmer of hope here) is that this is maybe what it is going to take to finally release us from the death spiral of the last 20 years, and indeed it is a case of it will get much worse before it gets better, and Artell is railing against two decades of entrenched apathy and underperformance, which will finally see us emerge into the light of progressive, attacking, winning football.

Nah! Me neither.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.