Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Post-Doncaster should we sack David Artell?
Yes, Sack Him, (127 votes)
85.23%
No. Don't Sack Him. (22 votes)
14.77%
149 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?

This thread currently has 3,597 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
February 18, 2024, 12:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173

I’m being pedantic but we need to keep perspective here: 35 votes is not representative of the entire fan base, it’s a very small fraction of them. It may be representative of the wider view but that can’t be proven by this poll.

I didn’t mean just this poll (I was something like the third vote).
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 12:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534

I like how you're limiting the scope to 6 games to load the question and I'm not going to play your game, because I have the memory of the full season and not the last couple of matches.

Our biggest problems were defence, full back and DM. I personally think Hume is an improvement. We have comeptition at CB so can bring our Maher or Rodgers. I'd have personally gone with Maher after seeing him refuse a pass and put Cartwright up excrement creek. Smith is young and is still bedding in. I'll personally give it time like I did with Pyke and Vernam when The Fishy wrote them both off.

He can get us to compete with Notts and Accrington. 1 goal would have won it for us, and if he can do the same in future matches, with that squad we had for Accrington and maybe Hunt also fit, I think we have reasonable chances of a result on any day. The problem with this mentally weak squad is we also have reasonable chances of a tanking. Draws ain't going to get us out of this situation. We'd probably want a good 4 wins on the board, and I think we can do that, even if there is several more losses. We do not have the squad to go much past survival right now, but I personally think DA is the best chance of that with this squad.

Oh, and on what metrics, yesterday, we had more possession, more shots, the same number of shots on target and virtually the same amount of corners. Unfortunately they had 4 shots on goal and scored 5. Hot knife through butter. I'm getting Eastwood vibes.

You are deluded

Smith isnt young btw. He’s 26/27?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
AncientExiledMariner
February 18, 2024, 12:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Hagrid

You are deluded

Smith isnt young btw. He’s 26/27?

My mistake, point taken. I'm not sure I could pick Mullarkey over anyone though. I'd give it time. If it really ain't working, stick Clifton there, with Thompson, Hunt and oh intercourse... maybe recall Khouri....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Chrisblor
February 18, 2024, 12:48pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,855
Gold Stars: 235
I'm in the position where I don't really think it matters if we keep or sack Artell - I'm utterly certain that our group of gutless abject players won't perform under any manager. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't exactly be sad to see the back of Artell, but with this squad our league status hinges entirely on the performances of Sutton and FGR between now and the end of April imo.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
chaos33
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Poojah
Stockwood’s just posted this. If this is an inference that we are allowing Artell to stay on, then he’s got it catastrophically wrong imo.

Tweet 1759184951314915455 will appear here...

The problem with this is that we should’ve been ‘digging in’ long before now. We should be now, and we aren’t. These performances are more ‘caving in’ than ‘digging in’. Sentiment and calls to arms won’t sort this. We can’t pull close now. Not after yesterday’s scenes. Surely this must be seen by the owners. I think JS is emotionally intelligent. He must surely read the room now. Wish it could be done Jason. Nobody likes or wants this. It’s bleak. It’s got to end and be replaced with something that people can actually ‘pull close and dig in’ with.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
arryarryarry
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116

I’m being pedantic but we need to keep perspective here: 35 votes is not representative of the entire fan base, it’s a very small fraction of them. It may be representative of the wider view but that can’t be proven by this poll.

One of our group who doesn't log on here and I can't ever remember him suggesting a manager should be sacked even in our previous dark days just said at the end of the game.   "he has to be sacked now"
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

No it's not every game. Before DA took over, we were losing EVERY game. You don't go from a team of losers to winning or drawing every game. Especially when you cannot change the full squad.

That’s just factually wrong. Go back and look at the results.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116

The problem is, the poll just last week was a 50-50 split. A bad result against a rival and people lose their excrement. If it was against Morecambe, the response probably wouldn't be anywhere near as visceral. At the end of the day, it's a loss, and will likely be no different to any 1 - 0 loss.

I would be very surprised if we aren't competitive in our next match. As is football.

I can't remember the last time there was a chorus of fans singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" Obviously it wasn't all fans as most had drunk off home at that point.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
AncientExiledMariner
February 18, 2024, 12:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from chaos33

That’s just factually wrong. Go back and look at the results.

I'm misremembering here. It was bleak, but point taken.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
mariner91
February 18, 2024, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262

I like how you're limiting the scope to 6 games to load the question and I'm not going to play your game, because I have the memory of the full season and not the last couple of matches.

How else are you going to judge what’s happening in the here and now without looking at the most recent games? What an exceptionally arrogant response “I have a memory of the full season”. If you’d actually been to games you’d see that we are worse now than we’ve been all season and are conceding soft goals against crap teams like there’s no tomorrow. Two draws amongst four absolute capitulations isn’t even close to enough to suggest that there’s any hope under Artell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-Doncaster- Artell: Sack or Keep?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.