Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,717 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Having a growth mindset? Is that why we’re spending a fortune on the oldest stand in English football?

As for ‘picking up the tab’, they agreed the deal with Fenty. Yes, I’m fked off, aren’t you? They promised so much and we’re heading back to square one…AGAIN!

They have no f*****g choice on whether to spend money on the Main stand or not.

They promised to try & improve the club from where it was and despite you wanting to be down with the kids and spouting your obvious cognitive dissonance they have done that on many fronts.

Poor recruitment from Hurst and Artell trying to play total football with the donkeys Hurst recruited brought us to this point.

Yes like us all they’ve made mistakes but what you’re posting is just having a dig at two blokes who have worked hard, done very well & stepped up when we needed them to try & give something back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 182
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from hampshiremariner
I think JS and AP are the right kind of owners. They have the club in their hearts and they must be as disappointed as the rest of us.
I think we do not recruit very well, You watch Sky Sports News in the summer and everyone is signing players bar us (it seems). More urgency is needed in my opinion.
The stadium issue is another disappointment.
Quite a few years ago, private enterprise started to buld the hotel at the northern end of the Rose Bowl, they ran out of cash and the project was moth-balled for several months. Then Eastleigh Borough Council stepped in and provided the money. They got a huge amount of stick from people (obviously not sports fans)  but it was the right thng to do.
Now, that sort of intervention is not going to happen with austerity crippling local authorities. I think of Sunak with his millions and wonder what he wants it all for. Communities are crying out for help. They  cannot even help out the steelworkers in S Wales who Tata have pulled the plug on. They have millions to put into the IPL, though.
A successful football team in a decent stadium would do wonders for Grimsby and it breaks my heart that we can;t get there.

I’ve stayed there a few times, good hotel, decent rate, good service and Beefy’s restaurant is great.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 182
Bawmariner
April 1, 2024, 10:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

They promised to try & improve the club from where it was and despite you wanting to be down with the kids and spouting your obvious cognitive dissonance they have done that on many fronts.

Poor recruitment from Hurst and Artell trying to play total football with the donkeys Hurst recruited brought us to this point.

Yes like us all they’ve made mistakes but what you’re posting is just having a dig at two blokes who have worked hard, done very well & stepped up when we needed them to try & give something back.

Agree completely. The issue is clearly on the playing side which is very little to do with Stockwood or Petit. Hurst clearly messed up with some of the recruitment. Letting Crocombe go and replacing him with two keepers with relatively little first team experience was crazy. We seem to be lacking an experienced head who is good on the ball in midfield too. The defence has obviously been a big issue this year. I think a big part of that is that it was one league season too many for Waterfall.

I'm sure Stockwood has made mistakes but everything seems to be pointing to us being better run than under Fenty. Unfortunately it's not being reflected where it counts this season.

I think the worry of the national league is also making people overreact. We haven't been good enough but ultimately we've been in the majority of games this season. We've clearly not killed off games well enough though and we have a bad habit of coming out the wrong side of fine margins. The fact things are coming down to fine margins is also a positive though because it means we have a chance to get results. We're now on a kinder run of fixtures until the end of the season. It's in our own hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 182
barralad
April 2, 2024, 8:14am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mappers

I take your point on board . But after that it got daft - pointing at the ground and telling people where he wanted the ground (peaks parkway ) . Then the whole Extreme Leisure thing when after them never actually delivering any stadium development him when asked how they will go about funding the stadium saying 'because we can ' hardly gave me the confidence he was the right person to deliver a pizza let alone a new stadium . He might have 'got close' with Great Coates but there on in he just took us further and further away from any reasonable chance of a new stadium imo .

I've no real desire to prolong this aspect of the debate except to say that had the council supported the original plan there "probably" would have been no need for any pointing at the ground etc. The future of the football club was effectively sacrificed for a few hundred Great Coates votes.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 182
barralad
April 2, 2024, 8:26am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m pretty sure they trusted Hurst to spend their money wisely. I’m not sure what happened. If Shrewsbury got his interest, then there’s every chance he took his eye off the ball.

You will of course have plenty of evidence to share with us about how you've managed to come up with that possible cause?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 182
barralad
April 2, 2024, 8:36am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Your last paragraph nails this. There's been a lot of comment on here about the mistakes J.S. and A.P. have made but in the spirit of balance they also kept Hurst for the last non-league season when plenty on here were questioning their decision making in doing so even at that very early stage. I don't think that turned out to be such a bad move.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 182
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2024, 8:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

You will of course have plenty of evidence to share with us about how you've managed to come up with that possible cause?

I listened to Hurst’s interview when he was reappointed Shrewsbury manager.
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 182
sam gy
April 2, 2024, 11:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
The biggest mistake the owners have made so far is trusting Paul Hurst in the summer transfer window, which has to go down as one of our worst ever taking into account the better budget, the payers signed, and the players let go.

Interestingly, Jason in one interview touched on the fact that Hurst was NOT massively on board with the introduction of more data driven recruitment and instead opted for his own more old school way. They trusted him regardless of it being their preferred way of working....maybe they should've stood up to him more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 182
Hagrid
April 2, 2024, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from sam gy
The biggest mistake the owners have made so far is trusting Paul Hurst in the summer transfer window, which has to go down as one of our worst ever taking into account the better budget, the payers signed, and the players let go.

Interestingly, Jason in one interview touched on the fact that Hurst was NOT massively on board with the introduction of more data driven recruitment and instead opted for his own more old school way. They trusted him regardless of it being their preferred way of working....maybe they should've stood up to him more.

they are the owners, the football side in terms of what happens on the pitch is nothing to do with them imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 182
sam gy
April 2, 2024, 11:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Sure, but they obviously want to recommend and try and implement different things with the aim of trying to improve things on the pitch. I don't blame them for trusting Hurst, he'd earned it IMO, but it went dramatically wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 182
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.