Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,903 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 31, 2024, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from friskneymariner
When the new owners came in,they were given a significant amount of goodwill,perhaps for being anybody else rather then Fenty. The fans reciprocated by the increase in seasons tickets and purchasing merchandise,what were we given back,glass panels and a flag on the clubs badge.The honeymoon is well and truly over,now is the time to show leadership,which does not entail hiding away and not taking responsibility. What this club needs is someone who is not afraid to speak truth to power.

A lot of truth in this. They’ve promised a lot, got a lot of help from a pragmatist who’s teams were always capable of getting results against the odds, but , in reality, there’s very little to show for it.

Something wasn’t right from the offset this season. Was it that Hurst didn’t get the budget he was promised? Was it that Shrewsbury came calling? We’ll probably never know. But the baby has well and truly been thrown out with the bath water.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,068
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You seem a good egg Herts a bit too nice.

How can we give them respect when they're overseeing this shambles it's no better than Fenty?
Unlike Fenty they've had great support with average home gates over 6k .Where the intercourse is the on field investment I'm not interested in all the other stuff at the moment ffs sort out the first team.I  don't want or expect anything much but 11 players who can pass and control a football would be a good start .The Manager comes across as an arrogant pr1ck harping on about how great he did at Crewe .News for you Dave your at Grimsby now and you have madd a poor team worse and I'm sat thinking you've blagged this job.

Nice? Yeah ok I’ll take that, I do try & see things with balance.

Our league position is horrendous & nobody wants us to be where we are, is that down to the owners? It could be argued yes as they should have binned Hurst earlier & they appointed Artell, but they don’t sign the players, take training, pick the team, give the ball away or miss chances that professional footballers should at least hit the target with.

They deserve respect as they put their money in to take the club off Fenty, some believe they should be putting more in and throwing it at players to come here for a couple of years before they chase another contract with another club, personally I don’t think that’s the way.,

The reason we’re getting good support is partly down to 1878 as they do something Feny would never understand and that’s engage people & made the club a better club to support.

Too many threads & posts have been wasted on the Fenty years, yes Fenty who penny pinched for years, repelled many supporters, stake holders & potential investors and in reality the man who’s approach to running the club we all love took us down to non league twice. Fenty wasn’t exactly throwing his fish merchant fortune at the playing side of things was he? John coughed up for a new portacabin while we all dug deep for operation promotion.

There’s a long list of Fentyism’s from p1ssing money up the wall trying to scope out a mythical stadium that we’d never fill to trying to attract a convicted fraudster to invest.

How many relegations was it under honest John? Do you think if Fenty was still here we’d have come straight up from the NL? We’ll never know but the data from the Fenty form guide indicates not.

To say that this is no better than under Fenty isn’t nice & is a pretty cheap shot. For different reasons Hurst & Artell are accountable for the mess on the field, one got fired and in the last few months the other unfortunately is doing his best to follow him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 182
Mappers
March 31, 2024, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,565
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Nice? Yeah ok I’ll take that, I do try & see things with balance.

Our league position is horrendous & nobody wants us to be where we are, is that down to the owners? It could be argued yes as they should have binned Hurst earlier & they appointed Artell, but they don’t sign the players, take training, pick the team, give the ball away or miss chances that professional footballers should at least hit the target with.

They deserve respect as they put their money in to take the club off Fenty, some believe they should be putting more in and throwing it at players to come here for a couple of years before they chase another contract with another club, personally I don’t think that’s the way.,

The reason we’re getting good support is partly down to 1878 as they do something Feny would never understand and that’s engaged people & made the club a better club to support.

Too many threads & posts have been wasted on the Fenty years, yes Fenty who penny pinched for years, repelled many supporters, stake holder & potential investors ans in reality the man who’s approach to running the club we all love took us down to non league twice.

There’s a long list of Fentyism’s from p1ssing money up the wall trying to scope out a mythical stadium that we’d never fill to trying to attract a convicted fraudster to invest.

How many relegations was it under honest John? Do you think if Fenty was still here we’d have come straight up from the NL? We’ll never know but the data from the Fenty form guide indicates not.

To say that this is no better than under Fenty isn’t nice & is a pretty cheap shot. For different reasons Hurst & Artell are accountable for the mess on the field, one got fired and in the last few months the other is doing his best to follow him.

I can't help but think Fenty is more accountable than some think for the current situation . It's not even the fact he couldn't run the club .

The undeniable fact is all the things he should have done when they were considerably cheaper now need to be done at much higher cost seemingly out of reach in what Stockwood & Pettit can provide .

I wish  Stockwood & Pettit , or of that mould had been around 15 years earlier then I think we would have seen a much bigger tangible improvement than what looks likely they can provide now .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

My view on all :
Artell-seems a good person but  not sure as a manager - wasn't after the good run ,still not - deserves a shot at it if he keeps us up ; if we don't he will probably walk anyway .
Scotch Eggs - don't like them but a nice touch .
Guardian articles - each to their own , you can choose whether you need it or not can't you  .
Season tickets - should fall dramatically , I think they will but mugs like you and me will buy 1 even after a season consisting of a likely single figure win rate which is dire . We need a new ground /better facilities whether we are in nln or league 1 it's not fit for purpose but that's a seperate long term issue that we have done to death on here . Capacity is too low aswell but again another side issue .

Why do we need more capacity, there’s a limiting belief & narrative that people are locked out for home games? I’ve not met any yet, maybe some people can’t always sit with their mates who come to 5 games a season but that’s quite possibly it.

I do agree BP is crap and we deserve better but a new stadium won’t guarantee playing progress, in fact if we went all out to get one we’re more likely to end up like Darlington the way things are at the minute.

Serious question in reality if we opened say a 12,000 capacity stadium how many home supporters do you think we’d attract?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I can't help but think Fenty is more accountable than some think for the current situation . It's not even the fact he couldn't run the club .

The undeniable fact is all the things he should have done when they were considerably cheaper now need to be done at much higher cost seemingly out of reach in what Stockwood & Pettit can provide .

I wish  Stockwood & Pettit , or of that mould had been around 15 years earlier then I think we would have seen a much bigger tangible improvement than what looks likely they can provide now .

Your first paragraph nails it for me Mappers👍

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 182
MuddyWaters
March 31, 2024, 11:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Quoted from Mappers

All well and good but, if the new owners are such good businessmen, wouldn’t they be fully aware how little there was to work with at GTFC?

It wasn’t just the stadium, the staffing or the training ground. It was even the practice balls FFS. Fenty left us with nothing but they agreed the deal.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 182
Mappers
March 31, 2024, 11:15am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why do we need more capacity, there’s a limiting belief & narrative that people are locked out for home games? I’ve not met any yet, maybe some people can’t always sit with their mates who come to 5 games a season but that’s quite possibly it.

I do agree BP is crap and we deserve better but a new stadium won’t guarantee playing progress, in fact if we went all out to get one we’re more likely to end up like Darlington the way things are at the minute.

Serious question in reality if we opened say a 12,000 capacity stadium how many home supporters do you think we’d attract?

My view Herts is more based on IF we went up to league 1 mainly because seats sold now even is more than the natural home capacity and you would have a higher demand for away capacity - i don't think 1200 would be enough for sheff weds etc and probably 5 to 10 other teams in that league .

I think 12k might be a touch high but I could see us getting regular 8-9k crowds in the right circumstances for sure - I think getting it upto close to 10k would be a good indicator although it's probably irrelevant atm .

Facilities must be a priority over anything though for me , for the regulars that go already and disabled fans more than anything .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 11:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

All well and good but, if the new owners are such good businessmen, wouldn’t they be fully aware how little there was to work with at GTFC?

It wasn’t just the stadium, the staffing or the training ground. It was even the practice balls FFS. Fenty left us with nothing but they agreed the deal.

To be fair to them they’ve tried to deal with a lot of the sh1t left behind by Fenty.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

My view Herts is more based on IF we went up to league 1 mainly because seats sold now even is more than the natural home capacity and you would have a higher demand for away capacity - i don't think 1200 would be enough for sheff weds etc and probably 5 to 10 other teams in that league .

I think 12k might be a touch high but I could see us getting regular 8-9k crowds in the right circumstances for sure - I think getting it upto close to 10k would be a good indicator although it's probably irrelevant atm .

Facilities must be a priority over anything though for me , for the regulars that go already and disabled fans more than anything .

Makes sense.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 182
Mappers
March 31, 2024, 11:22am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That is a fair point mate

It's whether they were pushed into it  - in that Fenty was going to push the club into an even darker place and they felt as fans with some capital  they had  no option but to step in .

Or they think they can make a substantial change and improve our fortunes doing it 'their way ' .

Possibly even a mixture of both , I suppose we don't really know though do we .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.