Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,900 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2024, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,059
Gold Stars: 236

All data is flawed. You can  interpret it any way you like, and the parameters for collecting it are either too narrow or too broad. I learned that aged 16 at College and have never forgotten it!

So you don’t actually know about what you’re denying has value.

Not sure what you did at college but all data isn’t flawed, I work with data most days & it’s essential to the sector I work in.

Four years ago data arguably saved a lot lives.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 182
friskneymariner
March 30, 2024, 10:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Do you actually know how the data is actually utilised? You consistently seem very dismissive of that approach so clearly you have an informed view?

Perhaps the football league table,just saying.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 182
TownSNAFU5
March 30, 2024, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
On a minor recruitment point, I am sure that Hurst said that he wanted Green as his number 1 target?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 182
jimgtfc
March 30, 2024, 10:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Yeah it seems the summer recruitment was a shambles, but I don’t remember many on here saying that in July/August last year. The opposite in fact. People had us down as play off contenders due to our signings. Hindsight and all that.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 182
lew chaterleys lover
March 30, 2024, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,808
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So you don’t actually know about what you’re denying has value.

Not sure what you did at college but I work with data most days & it’s incredibly useful to the sector I work in.

Four years ago data arguably saved a lot lives.

Four years ago data saved some lives  but because it didn’t take the wider picture into consideration (too narrow) it caused innumerable problems for the country the consequences of which will be with us for many years.

My anti data stance is just a personal quirk born out of experience but if other people feel differently that is no problem for me.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 182
LH
March 30, 2024, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,611
Gold Stars: 177
Not sure it’s a vanity project for JS. I just think at the time he took over he felt the club was on the brink of disaster. He and AP probably thought with their means and the will to go in a different direction they could turn it around. Initially they were successful but as someone (ska?) described on here: they let PH become the lottery winning bin man and it’s snowballed from there. No idea what they see Artell doing from here (or even from a month or so ago) though.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 182
Mappers
March 30, 2024, 10:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,563
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from friskneymariner
People are waking up to realise we have been conned on a massive scale. I sincerely believe this was a vanity project by  Stockwood from the outset,it has badly misfired on him .I realise it's not a comfortable feeling to realise that you have been conned ,but there you have it.

I think conned is harsh

They have the clubs best interests at heart , and won't put it into danger which is a minimum requirement really .

The only thing that's dissapointed me is their wilingness or ability to attract heavy inward  investment seeing as they are either unwilling/can't fund the club to anything above the level of sustainability/treading water in league 2 .

The club probably now looks an even less decent proposition to invest in than one that had a miracle run through the NL play-offs and a glorious run to an FA cup quarter final .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2024, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,059
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mappers

I think conned is harsh

They have the clubs best interests at heart , and won't put it into danger which is a minimum requirement really .

The only thing that's dissapointed me is their wilingness or ability to attract heavy inward  investment seeing as they are either unwilling/can't fund the club to anything above the level of sustainability/treading water in league 2 .

The club probably now looks an even less decent proposition to invest in than one that had a miracle run through the NL play-offs and a glorious run to an FA cup quarter final .

They deserve more respect than some people are giving them. They’re Town supporters who came in when it was looking pretty broken.

Vanity project? More like sympathy case as to be honest in reality the likelihood of them seeing any return on the money they’ve put in is remote. That is where the issue is as unless you’re an equally dedicated Town supporter with a few quid in the bank you wouldn’t look at investing I. Our club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 182
Mappers
March 30, 2024, 11:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,563
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from HertsGTFC

They deserve more respect than some people are giving them. They’re Town supporters who came in when it was looking pretty broken.

Vanity project? More like sympathy case as to be honest in reality the likelihood of them seeing any return on the money they’ve put in is remote. That is where the issue is as unless you’re an equally dedicated Town supporter with a few quid in the bank you wouldn’t look at investing I. Our club.

I agree Herts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 182
Maringer
March 30, 2024, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,702
Gold Stars: 189

Four years ago data saved some lives  but because it didn’t take the wider picture into consideration (too narrow) it caused innumerable problems for the country the consequences of which will be with us for many years.

Nope. The data regarding the need for lockdown was straightforward. Anything else was the failing of government. And let's face it, they failed a lot.

As for data, it is just information. What is relevant is how it is analysed and used. You don't apparently think that proper analysis is possible in some fields, but that's not what the pretty much all of the richest and most successful football clubs in the country believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.