barralad
September 20, 2014, 11:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

But where does the money come from to " spend your way out of this league"? Ask JF to put more of his money into the club but as a gift ? Find somebody else with " bottomless pockets " to donate their money into the club as a gift? The whole idea of loans to the club either benign or otherwise seems to be a complete no-no with the fans. Yet these same fans at any sign of the club not achieving the levels that they demand, threaten to stop attending until things improve. These fans moan about paying £18 to watch non-league football but fully expect some moneyed person to give tens of thousands of pounds of their own money to the club so that these self same fans can hopefully watch league football. I want success for my club but I am also a realist and realise that wealthy benefactors to prop up a football club at this level in this area is really not going to happen. Clubs like Crawley, Fleetwood and Cambridge have been quoted where men have heavily invested but these have been gambles , as indeed most investment in lower league clubs is . Also the expectations of these clubs may not have been so high as our own with the possible exception of Cambridge who have experienced league status.

Thanks for bringing some reality to this fantasy land of bottomless funding "pits"....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 103
forza ivano
September 21, 2014, 1:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,199
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jonnyboy82
probably wont get a game but an extra player I suppose.

No drivel being posted here then? A fine turn and finish on debut from the young man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 103
DocTower
September 21, 2014, 7:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223

I will.

Very pleased for the lad. Should give him confidence.

Now what happens? Does the lad start next time? Will Hurst persist with a 9 man deep defence and an outlet ball that Hannah would need a stepladder to reach like we did for over an hour today? Or will he risk Oates and have us play the pressing attacking game he says he wants to see?

Look out for the next exciting instalment.

I think that enough excitement for one day Ron  , lets go back to the home .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 103
barralad
September 21, 2014, 12:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

I will.

Very pleased for the lad. Should give him confidence.

Now what happens? Does the lad start next time? Will Hurst persist with a 9 man deep defence and an outlet ball that Hannah would need a stepladder to reach like we did for over an hour today? Or will he risk Oates and have us play the pressing attacking game he says he wants to see?

Look out for the next exciting instalment.

I can only assume you got your views on the game from the radio. If not then I apologise in advance but to say Town played high ball to Hannah for an hour (if that is what you mean by needing a stepladder) is entirely untrue. Hannah received the ball on several occasions to his feet-admittedly with his back to goal but was easily muscled out of it. For me he "goes to ground" far too easily. Referees in this league are not interested. Actually on reflection the highest ball we played all day was Hannahs cross when in acres of space that hit the middle tier of the side stand without bouncing.... We tried to use some width-especially down the left in the second half but were let down by the final ball usually from the otherwise excellent Magnay.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnsley striker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.