Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 56 Guests

Marcus Marshall...

This thread currently has 25,509 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner2000
June 29, 2015, 12:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Kymariner12
I think we have to realise that not every signing this summer will be 'amazing' and we need players like Marshall to provide competition. To be fair to him he was great on his day and here's hoping he can perform this season. Craig Clay for example didn't initially excite me but turned out to be a quality signing. Trust in Hurst!B-)

I think your right BUT isn't the argument that if we are only signing 4 or 5 surely they have to be amazing.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 40 - 165
RichMariner
June 29, 2015, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209
It seems odd that we've signed a player that the fans already know a lot about!

There's not much mystery in this signing, so perhaps that's why some fans feel underwhelmed about it.

I think it's a good signing. He's not an unknown player who has been plucked from nowhere, and Hurst only wants players who have the right attitude. I can only presume that Hurst knows he'll fit in well here.

He's got pace and a bit of skill, and so between him, Monkhouse, Mackreth and Arnold I think we have very capable wingers for next season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 165
DocTower
June 29, 2015, 12:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
We know what Marcus can bring to the party , the ability to change the system .  Good to have him on board,  versatile which is what we needed . Whether starting or from the bench,  good signing .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 165
psgmariner
June 29, 2015, 12:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from BIGChris

The day of their beer fesitival!! Ran out of beer by 2pm iirc

Hence why I missed the goal....

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 165
Laddy89
June 29, 2015, 12:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
As a player, i hated him when he was here.

Just like i couldn't stand Brodie, and many others.

Lets hope he does a lot better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 165
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 29, 2015, 12:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Thinking about this a bit more now, it could be that Hurst has learned a lesson from last August where we started off with barely a full side because of injuries and suspensions. In Marshall he has a player he knows and who knows him and so can slot in easily when needed.

Not a signing to tear up any trees but it could be part of a belt and braces job by the manager.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 165
Heisenberg
June 29, 2015, 12:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from DocTower
We know what Marcus can bring to the party , the ability to change the system .  Good to have him on board,  versatile which is what we needed . Whether starting or from the bench,  good signing .

I agree with you.  He could be a good signing for us.  Welcome back to BP, Marcus.

Lincoln fans can say what they want, we're still gonna finish above them this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 165
TownSNAFU5
June 29, 2015, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,886
Gold Stars: 42
He had enough skill, but like most wingers was inconsistent and you did not know what he would do next.  Unfortunately, neither did his team-mates some of the time.

He needs to be more aware of where his team-mates are and when to release the ball.

He is young enough to improve and can at least beat his man, sometimes twice. I remember in one home game he dribbled right across the pitch.

Hurst must see that he is a player thana will improve the team or squad.  He is usually a good judge of a player.  Maybe coming on with 20 mins left and offering something different against a tired fullback?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 165
Maringer
June 29, 2015, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
I seem to remember that in the play-off games against Newport that season, he was our main threat, even though they were doubling up on him down that side. Certainly enough potential there to be a useful player even if as just an impact sub.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 165
MeanwoodMariner
June 29, 2015, 12:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Heisenberg

Lincoln fans can say what they want, we're still gonna finish above them this season.

I know we have to take rival fans comments with a pinch of salt but when they are so unanimous it can't all be completely dismissed. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does well, but the Lincoln fans opinions of him match up exactly with what most of us thought of him about 2 hours ago. Hope Hurst knows what he's doing with this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Marshall...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.