grimsby pete
July 2, 2015, 1:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Dan
Even with the towers coming down, the site at Freeman street isn't big enough. Plus, we 're meant to be moving out of a shithole not into one.

It would not be a shithole when the new stadium and other buildings go up.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
ginnywings
July 2, 2015, 2:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Dan
Even with the towers coming down, the site at Freeman street isn't big enough. Plus, we 're meant to be moving out of a shithole not into one.

Typical short sighted view and the reason nothing ever gets done in this town is because of this sort of attitude.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
diehardmariner
July 2, 2015, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from BIGChris

I know very little about this but surely there are huge grants available for regeneration of depressed areas from national and European funds which would apply to something like Freemo that certainly wouldnt to Peaks Parkway????

This could be totally wrong of course but maybe the same level of 'anchor' tennant wouldnt be required at Freemo??

That's how I see it.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
diehardmariner
July 2, 2015, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Not sure Humberstone Avenue would be a suitable site...

Site at top end of Freeman Street is absolutely huge!  
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 2, 2015, 3:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Out of interest, does anyone have a map to show where a proposed stadium could sit in the area? Would there be enough land available around where the high rise fflats are or would buildings down cleerthorpe road need to be included in the plan?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Dan
July 2, 2015, 3:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Q0MnlF.png[/IMG]

This is BP overlayed on to the site of the flats. It clearly doesn't fit without knocking down loads more buildings. Not to mentioned the fact that a new stadium would be bigger, need car parking, and an enabling development.

It's nonsense to believe it can go here without razing half the street and surrounding houses (which to be fair probably needs doing, but would be politically difficult)

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
Grim74
July 2, 2015, 3:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
That's only showing the location of one block of flats, sure there was 5 more the last time I drove past.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
diehardmariner
July 2, 2015, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Dan
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Q0MnlF.png[/IMG]

This is BP overlayed on to the site of the flats. It clearly doesn't fit without knocking down loads more buildings. Not to mentioned the fact that a new stadium would be bigger, need car parking, and an enabling development.

It's nonsense to believe it can go here without razing half the street and surrounding houses (which to be fair probably needs doing, but would be politically difficult)

I don't think anyone is suggesting it would go just on the site of the flats.  The idea is from Freeman Street Market upwards to Riby Square and across to Albion Street.  

As far as I'm aware the houses surrounding the flats, Comber Place etc, are also due to be demolished.    That's an awful lot of land.  

There has been moves for god knows how many years to regenerate Freeman Street, especially the top end.  I can't imagine anyway near the level of opposition for a stadium on PP.  

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
Grim74
July 2, 2015, 4:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Peakes parkway all day long for me, Freemo would be a massive job but if it would mean a new stadium then that would do for me, although having a stadium in that part off town would cause the club and the police a hell of lot more grief then they would get on the parkway.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
LH
July 2, 2015, 4:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
I fail to see how Freeman Street would solve any traffic issues?
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › stadium news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.