July 2, 2015, 4:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
All this talk about knocking the tower blocks down is making me feel old,

I was an apprentice working on those flats when I left school,

We left school at 15 in my day not 18 or 19.

BUT

If they are to come down can I press the button please.?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
rancido
July 2, 2015, 5:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,594
Gold Stars: 96
I cannot believe that people are still on about Freeman Street or the docks as suitable sites for the new stadium!!! JF went into great lengths to explain the unsuitability of both these sites yet some fans still think they could be used. FFS ! Too many parts of the Freeman Street area are privately owned and trying to co-ordinate the purchase of these sites would be a nightmare. Access is very limited with very little scope for road expansion. The docks are owned by ABP who would never sell/lease any land for a football stadium especially now wind energy is the new boy in town and probably far more lucrative for them to consider that as opposed to a stadium. Obviously it would appear the Council have identified one or two alternative sites to the PP but we will have to wait to see what is revealed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
MuddyWaters
July 2, 2015, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,267
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido
I cannot believe that people are still on about Freeman Street or the docks as suitable sites for the new stadium!!! JF went into great lengths to explain the unsuitability of both these sites yet some fans still think they could be used. FFS ! Too many parts of the Freeman Street area are privately owned and trying to co-ordinate the purchase of these sites would be a nightmare. Access is very limited with very little scope for road expansion. The docks are owned by ABP who would never sell/lease any land for a football stadium especially now wind energy is the new boy in town and probably far more lucrative for them to consider that as opposed to a stadium. Obviously it would appear the Council have identified one or two alternative sites to the PP but we will have to wait to see what is revealed.

We just seem to be going round in circles whilst other clubs find a site, buy it and build on it.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
Pint of Mild Please Batchy
July 2, 2015, 5:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
The old Tioxide site for me would be the perfect location. Good motorway links, cheap land away from residential areas and therefore moaning Nimbys! Surely a better site than Peaks Parkway imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
ackomariner
July 2, 2015, 6:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
The old Tioxide site for me would be the perfect location. Good motorway links, cheap land away from residential areas and therefore moaning Nimbys! Surely a better site than Peaks Parkway imo

And a nice waft of shite from the sewerage plant near by......great idea that  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
Marinerz93
July 2, 2015, 7:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Dan
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Q0MnlF.png[/IMG]

This is BP overlayed on to the site of the flats. It clearly doesn't fit without knocking down loads more buildings. Not to mentioned the fact that a new stadium would be bigger, need car parking, and an enabling development.

It's nonsense to believe it can go here without razing half the street and surrounding houses (which to be fair probably needs doing, but would be politically difficult)

I think you'll find that the mini flats/masionettes around market and the first three towers is enough room for a ground leaving the space were the other three towers are for car parking or other ventures. The houses around the other flats may belong to the Freemans, not sure.

I was told by someone to do with the flats that they were being considered by the council for a new ground but we know our councils ideas changes with tide.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
rancido
July 2, 2015, 7:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,594

We would never in a million years get planning permission for a stadium on that strip of land north of the A180. The land along that strip by the Humber Bank is for Industrial use only and has been categorised as such for a long time.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
MuddyWaters
July 2, 2015, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,267
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ackomariner

And a nice waft of shite from the sewerage plant near by......great idea that  

I wanna go home, I wanna go ho-o-ome, Grimsby's a sh!ithole I wanna go home
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
louth_in_the_south
July 2, 2015, 7:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Quoted from rancido

We would never in a million years get planning permission for a stadium on that strip of land north of the A180. The land along that strip by the Humber Bank is for Industrial use only and has been categorised as such for a long time.

Hook Line Sinker

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
The Yard Dog
July 2, 2015, 8:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,508
Gold Stars: 74

NOT SUITABLE
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › stadium news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.