9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 31, 2015, 6:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
As I saw it , our corners were crap, got behind them a lot then a crap cross into the box. Useless goalkeeping for first goal, crap finishing from us, we lost again and 12 points behind in August ffs crap crap crap.

My misses will get it tonight that will probs be crap to round of a crap miserable bank holiday weekend, oh and fractured my foot intercourse off

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 85
oldun
August 31, 2015, 6:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from mariner91
Scored first we'd have won but we just aren't clinical. Disley has to be first name on the team sheet for me and I'd like to see us use the OpPromo money on a big nasty but capable midfielder to go with him. Robinson was better first half today and showed glimpses but we're 12 points behind and we can't wait for him to get fit, he spends too much of the game invisible. McKeown needs to be dropped for his sake, Warrington or a loanee but he needs time out of the firing line. Macc were poor but if we keep gifting goals to teams then we allow them to park the bus. We need to start being clinical!

Not quite panic stations but getting very close. If it doesn't improve in the next two or three weeks then I might start calling for a change of manager. The ingredients are there, we're not mixing them properly.

Completely agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 85
mariner91
August 31, 2015, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,671
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Maringer

Yep, completely in agreement with this.

The fact that Hurst (and Scott) have never gone for a big, strong athletic midfielder has always baffled me. Niven was probably the most athletic one we've had but he wasn't much of a ball player and I think the fact that Disley is our quickest and most mobile midfielder (even at his age!) is very telling. Today, Macclesfield had the experience of Whitaker with a couple of younger runners alongside him doing the legwork and they put our two to shame in the second half.

Stick somebody a bit like Pond alongside Disley and we'd be in a much stronger position.

I'm starting to wonder if Danny East could be the legs to go in there. I'm sure I've read that he's capable of playing across midfield as well as at full back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 85
ackomariner
August 31, 2015, 6:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
urine poor from the manager and the players today

No more to say....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 85
mariner91
August 31, 2015, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,671
Gold Stars: 262
The other thing that really gripped my shit today was terrible deliveries from great positions. Mackreth should have worked out by now that he cannot cross for love nor money so if he gets in behind the full back as he was doing today then he has to be hitting the by line and pulling it back. If you get there and pull it back across the six yard box and no striker is attacking the near post, that's the strikers fault and you've done your job. We've got two smart strikers, one of them will be there. If not, it's still a difficult ball to deal with and it may bobble into the box for a midfield runner or go out for a corner. We cannot keep wasting our good play like we do. At times in the first half we were splitting them apart only for the final ball to be lacking. Corners are shite too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 85
RonMariner
August 31, 2015, 6:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,737
Gold Stars: 226
12 points adrift in August! Jesus wept.

And we have had such an easy fixture list up to this point.

We are losing to garbage. We are gifting goals like a demented Santa.

It is so unbelievably inept that it is almost as if they are doing it on purpose.

Sickening.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 85
cmackenzie4
August 31, 2015, 6:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Mackreth bloody annoys me! he's got skill and speed as we all know but he is just to negative in his play.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 85
LH
August 31, 2015, 6:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
When has Mackreth been fast? It's a myth.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 85
BIGChris
August 31, 2015, 6:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
So predictable.

Too many changes followed by too many non performances. I was gobsmacked that Mackreth got MOM. First half he was played in time and time again and never once delivered a threatening ball. Total waste! Although on top for 40 odd mins did we really create much? Almond was set up by Bogle but blasted well over, Bogle fell over when on a half chance but frankly for Al our domination we didn't trouble their keeper.

McKeowns howler can't go in noticed. The lad IS a good keeper but his confidence and judgement are shot. Should be told we are bringing in an experience guy on a months loan and take him out the firing line.

I would have loved to be a Macc defender today. Can't remember once when Towns central mid made a run to pull the back four apart. When they are sat 40/50 yards from goal & side by side they are no threat to an organised unit.

Let's be frank Mac are no great shakes but from their point of view a classic away error,acne. Defended well and scored from their 2 efforts on target.

The natives are getting very restless. 4200 home fans again but I guarantee not many will be back a week on Saturday. Lose to Borehamwood and Alan Algae or whatever's tweet may well come true!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 85
gb
August 31, 2015, 7:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
Poor all round. Didn't look like winning and I hate saying it but is it time to change? I dunno but the realisation that we ain't going up this with the fact I'm back at work tomorrow isn't doing me much good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.