Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 171 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 12,519 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
August 31, 2015, 7:37pm
Guest User
Constantly amazed by the lack of objectivity on here... see its Hurst out again! Listening to Alan Buckley he said town dominated, didnt take their chances, one goal was a cracker one a mistake by the goal keeper... Moving forwards support the team to better performances..
Reply: 40 - 85
barralad
August 31, 2015, 7:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed. Not mentioned it myself and for me it has no bearing on our current position. Money will only take a team so far as plenty of wealthy sides have discovered. I'm more bothered about the waning optimism among the fans.

Cheers Ginny means a lot to have the poster I consider to be the best on here's support...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 85
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 7:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 935
Constantly amazed by the lack of objectivity on here... see its Hurst out again! Listening to Alan Buckley he said town dominated, didnt take their chances, one goal was a cracker one a mistake by the goal keeper... Moving forwards support the team to better performances..

That's football. The manager ultimately carries the can for poor results. Some would say that he isn't getting the best out of the players and maybe another manager would.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 31, 2015, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

Finally a request:- Tempers are understandably a bit frayed on here tonight but it would be great if people could resist rubbishing Operation Promotion or using it as a stick to beat Paul Hurst and the club with. I'm not bothered for myself but there are people-some of whom post on here who have given up (and continue to do so) vast amounts of time to help with it-including people who work nights and then delay going to bed until they've processed rewards etc.

Operation Promotion, The Feelgood Factor, #thistownknows are all well and good if they are backed by the club top to bottom. Our friend the Tinkerman has managed to bury that in the last fortnight.

Until and unless someone holds him to account, we are going nowhere and face another year of non-league. I'm reliably informed that a club director has called this a make-or-break season, particularly with a view to the ground development and hence the club's future, if today's anything to go by, it's break.

Paul Hurst chose today to rest five professional footballers, including to change an entire midfield - how in God's name is that going to work? Macclesfield fielded 10 out the same 11 that played on Saturday in a hard-fought derby. Sure, Diz and Monkey are getting on, so why not start one and bring the other one on later - it's not rocket science is it?
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 85
Theimperialcoroner
August 31, 2015, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,212
Gold Stars: 102
Posted a question on the match thread about how many changes Macc made and I understand it was one. A key thing for me is playing your strongest team whenever you can. To not do this today, made it easy for the Macc manager. It showed them a lack of respect and they eventually grew from that. Burst has got to stop fannying about with the team and stop it soon. He loses so much credibility by then calling anyone who challenges his decisions. Overall this season things have been much better in terms of the football, so I'm prepared to give a little, but not much more. As for Macca, he's trying too hard for whatever reason, possibly his illness. He's doing things that don't really come naturally to him and as a result he's doing them badly. Him and Warrington need to deal with it.
All not lost yet, but we shall soon have to get our excrement together.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 85
grimsby pete
August 31, 2015, 8:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I have said several times East can play midfield,

He has the energy to run from box to box all game,

Barralad, where is my Harry ?

Not lost in transit from China I hope.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 85
promotion plaice
August 31, 2015, 8:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199
Sorry if already posted, Hurst interview

https://audioboom.com/boos/352.....feat-to-macclesfield

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 85
barralad
August 31, 2015, 8:08pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Operation Promotion, The Feelgood Factor, #thistownknows are all well and good if they are backed by the club top to bottom. Our friend the Tinkerman has managed to bury that in the last fortnight.

Until and unless someone holds him to account, we are going nowhere and face another year of non-league. I'm reliably informed that a club director has called this a make-or-break season, particularly with a view to the ground development and hence the club's future, if today's anything to go by, it's break.

Paul Hurst chose today to rest five professional footballers, including to change an entire midfield - how in God's name is that going to work? Macclesfield fielded 10 out the same 11 that played on Saturday in a hard-fought derby. Sure, Diz and Monkey are getting on, so why not start one and bring the other one on later - it's not rocket science is it?

No it isn't rocket science but neither is it necessary to use it to beat Hurst with. The point could have been at least as adequately made without the reference. Anyway sorry we weren't able to arrange the pick up of your pledge. We hope to have all items posted out by the weekend...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 85
barralad
August 31, 2015, 8:12pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from BIGChris
So predictable.

Too many changes followed by too many non performances. I was gobsmacked that Mackreth got MOM. First half he was played in time and time again and never once delivered a threatening ball. Total waste! Although on top for 40 odd mins did we really create much? Almond was set up by Bogle but blasted well over, Bogle fell over when on a half chance but frankly for Al our domination we didn't trouble their keeper.

McKeowns howler can't go in noticed. The lad IS a good keeper but his confidence and judgement are shot. Should be told we are bringing in an experience guy on a months loan and take him out the firing line.

I would have loved to be a Macc defender today. Can't remember once when Towns central mid made a run to pull the back four apart. When they are sat 40/50 yards from goal & side by side they are no threat to an organised unit.

Let's be frank Mac are no great shakes but from their point of view a classic away error,acne. Defended well and scored from their 2 efforts on target.

The natives are getting very restless. 4200 home fans again but I guarantee not many will be back a week on Saturday. Lose to Borehamwood and Alan Algae or whatever's tweet may well come true!

Spot on! Methinks one has been imbibing too much of MacMenemy's hospitality...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 85
Tommy
August 31, 2015, 8:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
It's hard work being a Town fan isn't it.

So so frustrating.

A one-sided game in terms of possession and territorial play, however we did not work the Macclesfield goalkeeper at all and gave him one of the easiest clean sheets he will get, especially away at a team supposedly challengers for the title.

The 1st goal was a sucker punch as we weren't that bad in the first half. Weren't great but we threaded some good balls through and got into some good positions where we should've done better. Amond should've certainly hit the target (and I'd argue, scored) when Bogle set one for him on the edge of the 18.

The 2nd goal was less of a surprise as we had run out of ideas going forward. Just seemed an easy goal for them to score though, our players all over the place in the build up and no challenge on a guy waiting for the ball to drop before he hits a volley 18 yards out.

Don't know what Robinson did in the game. Can't remember him having the ball or doing anything more than 2 or 3 times.

Clay looks like he's been knocked back a step as a result of being dropped. Didn't have the same confidence and arrogant swagger he showed in the first few games when he was bossing games.

Mackreth looked like he was going to have a good afternoon when he gave the full back a roasting in the first 2 minutes. Unfortunately he didn't have the confidence to do it again for another 70 minutes. His crossing was also poor when he did get into positions, although he was not alone in this - Tait being the only one who put a couple of decent balls into the box.

Bogle 1st half was looking our best player, making things happen. Unlucky to slip when he could have scored. 2nd half got no joy.

We just looked like every time we got into the attacking third, we had no idea what to do. Could have got Arnold on a bit earlier or even put him on in a free role behind the front 2 as picks up good positions and he's good at twisting and turning away from players in tight areas.

Macca - as others have said, he would benefit from being taken out of the firing line for 3/4 weeks, but do we want to spend money from the budget on a goalie? Hurst definitely wouldn't have planned on having to do that.

I'd described this game previously as almost being a "must-win" game. To lose it, and especially without the 2nd half onslaught you'd expect a team challenging for the league to throw at them, is very very worrying.

Where do we go from here?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.